Rotho69

RCF brake rotors and pads

7 posts in this topic

I am hoping someone can help me, please. My 2014 RCF needs new rotors and pads front and rear and I was wondering if there are alternatives available to the OEM stuff? I am in Brisbane.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hi, I am currently investigating as well. From what I have found so far is:

1. OEM
2. FIGS Engineering
3. RR Racing

I am tending towards FIGS at the moment. Need to decide this week.

BTW how many KM have you done on the originals?

30,000km. I am going to get the rotors measured next week to see if they can be skimmed and have new pads fitted but im not hopeful. Thanks forthe info! What sort of money are you expecting to pay?

Not sure about Rotors but Brakes Direct appear to have pads for the RCF.  Im not fortunate enough to have an RCF, only my old and trusted ISF :-) but got Project Mu's and DBA's for it and the service overall was great along with the price.

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/catalogsearch/result/?q=vehicle&make=Lexus&model=RC&generation=2014-%2B%28C10%29&submodel=RC%20F

Maybe you can message them direct for possible rotor replacements like DBA etc

17 minutes ago, BLK ISF said:

Not sure about Rotors but Brakes Direct appear to have pads for the RCF.  Im not fortunate enough to have an RCF, only my old and trusted ISF :-) but got Project Mu's and DBA's for it and the service overall was great along with the price.

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/catalogsearch/result/?q=vehicle&make=Lexus&model=RC&generation=2014-%2B%28C10%29&submodel=RC%20F

Maybe you can message them direct for possible rotor replacements like DBA etc

Thanks mate, ill give them a try.

Hi, here is what i have found so far.

1. OEM = approx US$2,000 delivered

2. Figs = approx US$3,100 delivered

This included 2 piece discs, ET500 pads (Street), Castrol SRF, SS lines. I also opted for extra RB XR70 pads for track days(US$300).

Should last >5 times longer than OEM and look cool!!

3. RR-Racing = approx = US$3,200

This includes discs and Endless MX72 pads for street/track.

I was looking at Figs as the specs showed 34mm discs as apposed to 32mm for rr-racing. 

Let me know how you go with Brakes Direct please?

Long story short on this saga: got a second opinion on the brakes and it turns out that the front rotors could be machined and pads replaced and the rear rotors were in near perfect condition! Suffice to say that I am disgusted with Lexus Indooroopilly's attempted gouge... This, combined with the dealerships refusal to offer the pick up and delivery service because i didnt purchase the car through them means that i will never use these shonks again! Be warned: Ned Kelly has nothing on these clowns!

1 person likes this