Rear tyre size

BLK ISF

Hi all, I know there’s countless tyre threads already but haven’t seen a lot of responses that address my question.

I’ll be getting tyres soon for the rears.  Currently got aftermarket wheels so the rim is .5 inch wider at 9.5 vs. 9 for OEM.  In light of that, when I got tyres almost 20k ago, I decided to stick to the OEM size at the time of 255/35.

Now I want to go wider and the most popular size without going extreme or lipping the guards is 275/30.  Most responses I’ve read, everyone talks about how much more aggressive it looks.  This part doesn’t bother me, it looks aggressive with my new rims anyway but I’m deciding whether to go this size or 265/35 (still wider than OEM but basically more rubber, taller profile.

My car is street driven only and is my daily ride so if I barely drove it or tracked it only, id go 275/30 no problem.  Issue is around the suburbs, City, Parramatta, etc, some roads are crap.  Some that I use every day, I brace myself for the bump so I’m worried if I go 30 profile, the car is basically riding on more rim and less tyre so I don’t want to buckle my rims.

So basically just after people’s opinions who are either running 275/30 or 265/35 on 19 inch rims, daily rides as to what they find bearable on our roads.  Is anyone running on 275/30 and find the ride ok over some of our crappy roads?

I run a Nitto nt05 275/30 on the rear currently and have no issues, previously ran a 265/35 kuhmo ps91 and they were fine aswell for daily duties. On the rim size with a 9.5 rear anything less than a +40 you may experience slight scrubbing with a 275. Pending ride height and camber ofcourse

I may have some 275/35 R19 for sale soon. only 80km on them. My new rims are 10.5inch and the offsett is too low for them. 

I drove them from the tyre shop, to my parents then to mine. Car hasnt moved in the last week. 

Retail for $460+ each willing to let go for $600 for the pair if your interested

2 hours ago, BCHELR said:

I may have some 275/35 R19 for sale soon. only 80km on them. My new rims are 10.5inch and the offsett is too low for them. 

I drove them from the tyre shop, to my parents then to mine. Car hasnt moved in the last week. 

Retail for $460+ each willing to let go for $600 for the pair if your interested

Cheers for the offer.  Still toying up as ive received feedback praising 275/30 but also 285/30 and also 275/35 so just trying to determine what best suits my situation (daily drive, no track etc).

Currently using MPSS 255/35 (kept to OEM size at the time) but to be honest, i dont want to get them again as they dont suit my situation.  i.e. ive done about 15000kms on them, probably got another 3k or so left but after about 10-12000kms, they were already losing their bite and no longer had great grip.  Easily spinning from lights with minimal effort.  Im sure on a track they are great but i suspect about 80% of the wear and tear i got from them was routine city driving so a bit of a waste.  After a harder compound this time which will provide ample grip for the speeds i manage to do.  At the time paid 400ish each but can get 275/30, decent brand still for much cheaper.

All good mate. Mine are mpss as well. 

275/30 is a little to low on the sidewall. 285/30 starts getting a little too wide on lower offsets.

happy hunting