PPE header group buy

ilv1004s

Thanks for the info.

Did you need to replace the 02 sensors during install? I've heard they can get damaged a fair bit when they try and use the original ones. Anyone know where we can get some just in case? 

Our headers will have the 02 simulator, hopefully this will be enough to bypass getting a CEL? 

Seems like most ppl in the states and in Aus were running headers without tune for sometime now. 

Any updates on how it feels when you step on it? Significant? 

my upgrade plan was all around doing the mods all at once (including tune), so i never considered keeping the o2 sensors 

yes went to  a cafe this morning with my brothers, feeling punchy down low which makes manual mode even more relevant as you can plod around in a 5th/6th at low speed with ease - effortless and punchier power -  change in power to weight is noticeable 

pretty much erases the "lag" it had in stock form below 3400rpm - once you go above 3400rpm however - wow wee - haven't found enough road to test the 7200rpm limiter - will be attending a Phillip island track day in Oct - save it till then

• 2 weeks later...

FYI

Getting a bit anxious and thought id alleviate some of the pain of the Mod having to chase it up so got in contact with PPE direct for an update.  This was from late last week

Yes, we have a large order for some RHD headers in production right now.  We have a few done in fabrication and the rest should be done in fab late next week.  We only have one fixture and they take a little over a day to make a set.  We have one fabricator working on them until they are all done.

10 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

FYI

Getting a bit anxious and thought id alleviate some of the pain of the Mod having to chase it up so got in contact with PPE direct for an update.  This was from late last week

Yes, we have a large order for some RHD headers in production right now.  We have a few done in fabrication and the rest should be done in fab late next week.  We only have one fixture and they take a little over a day to make a set.  We have one fabricator working on them until they are all done.

Hey mate are you going back to sonny to retune your car . If you are has he quoted you how much . Cheers 

3 hours ago, 2bling said:

What cats are you going to use.

Hadnt decided yet.  Was going to discuss with the installer regarding what hi-flow cats they use, recommend etc.

Ill need them as my Xforce catback got rid of those 2 from the rear side.

On 2017. 9. 12. at 7:07 AM, BLK ISF said:

FYI

yeap same update as me

they have advised me 2-3 days and its finished

20 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Hadnt decided yet.  Was going to discuss with the installer regarding what hi-flow cats they use, recommend etc.

You cant go wrong with Sureflo ballistic cats all sizes and Sydney based. I had them on one of my ss 100cpi

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 9:31 AM, BLK ISF said:

Cats are over rated lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ilv1004s said:

another update

this friday they should be ready to ship

That's good news , hopefully have them the week after as I have booked mine in for installation on the 3 of October 

On 10/3/2017 at 3:08 AM, ilv1004s said:

finally headers are done!

Hi Danny, did they indicate when they would arrive your place.  I emailed them but no response.  Last Tue they advised they were ready for shipping but not sure if that meant they left that day???

Are you guys installing the PPE header with the CAT or without the CAT?

Can the CAT be fitted afterwards without taking the header off?

I'd imagine that the cat would have to be in the first part of the exhaust itself (ie after the header).  Since aftermarket exhausts generally delete the secondary cat, you would have to get this done at an exhuast shop?

4 hours ago, kyo said:

Are you guys installing the PPE header with the CAT or without the CAT?

Can the CAT be fitted afterwards without taking the header off?

Ill be catless for a week or so as the fitter im using doesnt have cats nor welds them in as the PPE doesnt come with it.  Most exhausts shop have all sorts of hi flow cats so ill either go independant or arrange through the header installer afterwards.  Doesnt have to be at the same time.

As Babalouie said, most with exhausts including me with my Xforce lost the 2 rear cats and will lose the remaining too with the PPE install.

5 hours ago, Babalouie said:

I'd imagine that the cat would have to be in the first part of the exhaust itself (ie after the header).  Since aftermarket exhausts generally delete the secondary cat, you would have to get this done at an exhuast shop?

Yes, you are right mate. Also just did some research, found a photo on PPE website, exhaust need to be chopped/shorten near the flange for high flow cat to be welded in-between.

Cat2_500.jpg

3 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Ill be catless for a week or so as the fitter im using doesnt have cats nor welds them in as the PPE doesnt come with it.  Most exhausts shop have all sorts of hi flow cats so ill either go independant or arrange through the header installer afterwards.  Doesnt have to be at the same time.

As Babalouie said, most with exhausts including me with my Xforce lost the 2 rear cats and will lose the remaining too with the PPE install.

I'm now the new owner of ISFBlokes's old car. (MY11 Black), car already has PPE header and the last owner had the JoeZ exhaust fitted, Dyno tuned at 275kw at the wheel.

The performance and the sound is unreal, you guys will love it!

With PPE and JoeZ, this setup removes all the CATs. After driving it for a week, honestly I'm a bit sick of the constant smell and drone below 2500RPM.

After some research on the US forum, it appears a high flow CAT on the exhaust will remove the smell and ease the drone. So I'm planning to get a CAT installed and see how it goes, some will say the CAT will reduce the header gain by 10-15hp and defeat the purpose of installing a header, but I rather sacrifice some performance to not poison myself and the family, also avoid a hefty fine ($10K apparently for no CAT) from police.

Let me know how you guys feel after install the PPE, especially those who also has catless exhaust.

Congrats Kyo on your purchase.  Im sure with your setup it would be a nice ride.  Id guarantee you with those mods it would make even more on another dyno as we all know some dyno's are happier than others.  

Ill eventually get mine retuned after the PPE install so ill be able to see the before and afters which is more important to me from a gain perspective.  There is another tuner i considered but not looking forwad to outlaying so much at the begnnning again and i wont know the header gain as ill be going to them after the install which would be a shame

I hear ya about the CAT comments.  I posted the question myself and a mixed result.  Those advising, cmon its about performance, who cares about the smell.  Obvsiously those stating the legal ramifications of now having any cats and i have kids in my car constantly as well so dont want them inhaling that kind of smell although some assure me with the windows up you cant smell it etc.

Im confident though with decent hi flow cats the power loss wouldnt be anywhere near 10-15hp.  Yes its more restrictive, no one would challenge that but not to that extent.  Maybe someone else who has dyno results before and after cat installs could share.

Ps When you get your cats installed, let us know which brand you went with and how you find it.

Thanks BLK, I'll do a proper re-intro thread on forum this weekend.

I also have a 3yr kid, using the F for childcare runs, the open exhaust setup might not be best suited for this task.

PPE website shows they supply optional Megnaflow brand CATs: http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestore.com/Lexus-IS-High-flow-cats-935002.htm, so this is what I'll go for.

I'm going to see Performance Exhaust Centre in Northmead tomorrow, let you guys know how I go.

1 hour ago, kyo said:

Thanks BLK, I'll do a proper re-intro thread on forum this weekend.

I also have a 3yr kid, using the F for childcare runs, the open exhaust setup might not be best suited for this task.

PPE website shows they supply optional Megnaflow brand CATs: http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestore.com/Lexus-IS-High-flow-cats-935002.htm, so this is what I'll go for.

I'm going to see Performance Exhaust Centre in Northmead tomorrow, let you guys know how I go.

Local exhaust shops do hi flow cats for about $200ish i think but PPE want.  

Atleast PPE site is on sale vs 330ish for RR Racing for the magnaflows.  We need 2 of them so thats already about 550US + postage.

Not sure of the comparison in regards to flow between a hiflow local perforamnce cat vs the Magnaflow ones PPE and RR use.  

Would be good to know how you go, cheers.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, kyo said:

I'm now the new owner of ISFBlokes's old car. (MY11 Black), car already has PPE header and the last owner had the JoeZ exhaust fitted, Dyno tuned at 275kw at the wheel.

The performance and the sound is unreal, you guys will love it!

With PPE and JoeZ, this setup removes all the CATs. After driving it for a week, honestly I'm a bit sick of the constant smell and drone below 2500RPM.

congratulations on the ISF, you will enjoy it.   they are a fun vehicle, & they just keep on going.    I remember ISFBloke & his ISF.   did a few track days through Lexus at Eastern Creek, & one at Wakefield with him.    you could get a varex type of exhaust to make it quieter when you need.    I like the way the PPE headers and JoeZ exhaust sounds.   it is a bit loud if I leave home early in the morning, but such is life.