Nope you don't but if it is still under warranty or you have lexus roadside assist they'll replace with a new sealed battery for free.  Or you can call your local motoring association to have one put in (they always carry the Lexus batteries that are approved by Lexus).  Failing that just head over to battery world, as supercheap don't stock the exact maintenance free batteries for lexus last time I checked.

18 minutes ago, Howiefied said:

Nope you don't but if it is still under warranty or you have lexus roadside assist they'll replace with a new sealed battery for free.  Or you can call your local motoring association to have one put in (they always carry the Lexus batteries that are approved by Lexus).  Failing that just head over to battery world, as supercheap don't stock the exact maintenance free batteries for lexus last time I checked.

Great thanks....

Called the RACV they will be here in 30 minutes, quoted $229 with a 2 year warranty, they had another at $370 but couldn't tell me the difference, same warranty.

Dealer is closed so get it done now and get on with the day....thanks for your help.

14 hours ago, blackadder said:

Called the RACV they will be here in 30 minutes, quoted $229 with a 2 year warranty, they had another at $370 but couldn't tell me the difference, same warranty.

Dealer is closed so get it done now and get on with the day....thanks for your help.

Generally the more exp one would have a higher CCA. If you are running all original electrical gear in the car then its not an issue but if you have some killer sound system and other electrical equipment, a battery with a higher CCA would be better.
Also sometimes the price is due to some being maintenance free whilst others are not.

Over the phone the call taker might not have been able to tell you but surprised the technician installing it couldnt.  Either way convenient for them to come to you and dispose of the dud battery saving you the hassle :-)

I love the ISF but not a fan of the silver center console, the colour of my 350 is a big attraction, people still comment on it even the RACV guy yesterday, Vermillion. 

I'd get another Lexus but I just don't like the new models at all.....

OT

Mines the same colour :)

Wasn't sure when I got it being an "Red" car BUT in the flesh its great and I also get similar comments, esp when the sun brings out he gold mist in it.

• 4 weeks later...

nice. I wanted a vermillion one too, when I was on the market a mature aged gentleman was selling his 350 fsport in the same colour with only 35k on the clock, however had no sunroof and was in shepperton. 

I also had the same issue as you, needed a battery. lucky for me sca had all their century batteries on sale and got mine for $129!!!!!! (same size and everything too) thought it was worthwhile me installing it myself.

• 1 year later...

Mines the same color

Wasn't sure when I got it being an "Red" car BUT in the flesh its great and I also get similar comments, esp when the sun brings out he gold mist in it. I am looking for best battery for my lexus GS.

Edited by Atlantis
Dubious hidden link removed