Full RR Racing upgrade package installed in Melb

Gregorydarcy

Hi all

I'm surprised by the amount of questions and messages I've had since doing this, may as well collate them here for the community to see right?

As above the whole kit (Headers, race intake, carbon elbow, oil/seperator, tune) was just installed and uploaded on my car about 24 hours ago and im just getting used to it

my upgrade plan was all around doing the mods all at once (including tune),first impressions:

turn key, engine light and traction light are on - sound is amazing with varex open, and somewhat subtle and classy with varex closed. these cars will run lean with the cats removed, so a tune is highly suggested, I have just uploaded RR,'s tune (last night), and im still getting used to it. repeat - you should tune your car to match the new mod, especially if you have an intake.

suggestions to note:

wrap the headers with exhaust wrap (i used 3 x 25 foot rolls) - be careful with the steering rack and remember where it is with regards to the rotation when you put it back together.

I wouldnt be hooning around if your engine light is on, as that means its running lean - get a tune - talk to Simon at RR racing, tell him what you have fitted and he will send you a map.

car is loud and sharp, revs freely, and all in all i think the engine is thriving from these mods 

went to  a cafe this morning with my brothers, feeling punchy down low which makes manual mode even more relevant as you can plod around in a 5th/6th at low speed with ease - effortless and punchier power -  change in power to weight is noticeable 

pretty much erases the "lag" it had in stock form below 3400rpm - once you go above 3400rpm however - wow wee - haven't found enough road to test the 7200rpm limiter - will be attending a Phillip island track day in Oct - save it till then

Just want to give a shout to Simon and Rafi and crew - i was apprehensive about ordering the kit from the other side of the world (Aus) but everything happened smoothly, freight, service, follow up, quality - ive done some cool things to cars over the years, and dealt with a lot of work shops, RR Racing has given me an awesome experience so far - thanks chaps

*fine print* i am in no way affiliated with RR racing nor receiving any benefit from posting this, I am just a car guy who did a lot of research on this car and kit as most of you are, especially if you have read this far in the post, happy to help ask or post any questions you have below regarding the kit or tune in Aussie conditions.

** below pic was taken before the intake breather was fitted hence the 2 breather hoses going nowhere on top of throttle body

IMG_7860.thumb.JPG.c460fbc1b73252b79c466412d7fcffa6.JPG

• Like 1

Hey mate awesome write up.

just confirming the CEL lights only came on because you didn't have the tune installed at the time.

youve given us all something to aspire to!

2 hours ago, BCHLER said:

Hey mate awesome write up.

just confirming the CEL lights only came on because you didn't have the tune installed at the time.

youve given us all something to aspire to!

hi mate yes confirmed re that, the CEL lights were off and on randomly at which point i just putted around until i uploaded the tune

but since the tune its been running perfect

Took RR racing about 18hrs to review my map, and send me back their version via email

Thanks for the info.  I smiled after each mod so i can only imagine the transformation doing it all at once.  

I promised i wouldnt modify the car hence why ive been doing 1 mod at a time.  Each time i make the promise, when it wears off i do 1 mod haha.

Looking forward to when the headers arrive, ive had it tuned prior and intend on doing so after the headers install when they finally arrive.  So ill know the power variance of headers on their own and with a tune with the other mods i got which should be interesting (same dyno, tuner, even similar time of year so hopefully similar conditions so the numbers are more relevant).

Ps So are you used to power yet and now looking for your next power mod..........supercharger :-)

• Like 1

On 12/09/2017 at 7:03 AM, BLK ISF said:

Thanks for the info.  I smiled after each mod so i can only imagine the transformation doing it all at once.  

I promised i wouldnt modify the car hence why ive been doing 1 mod at a time.  Each time i make the promise, when it wears off i do 1 mod haha.

Looking forward to when the headers arrive, ive had it tuned prior and intend on doing so after the headers install when they finally arrive.  So ill know the power variance of headers on their own and with a tune with the other mods i got which should be interesting (same dyno, tuner, even similar time of year so hopefully similar conditions so the numbers are more relevant).

Ps So are you used to power yet and now looking for your next power mod..........supercharger :-)

Haha great question, I don't know if I'll ever get used to it - I think the power matches the chassis/ brakes well now (I've done a few mods to the brakes too) 

in these days of hyper & electric cars with 100% torque at zero rpm, I love the fact that you can get an unexpected surprise and a built up rush when you plant it at 60kmh for example. In my opinion it's crazy and I love it as is. Without sounding like someone from A current affair, Anymore power would just be for track purposes and not usable on the road 

13 hours ago, BCHLER said:

We will get you dipping into the 11s soon my man!! 😉👍🏼

No one will dip into the 11s without boost or atleast changing the rear ratio to a is350 or similiar. 

Ive been following Isf times for years now and that seems to be how it is. Even over here im still yet to hear of anyone dipping under a 12.5

between my wife and i we have ran ours down in excess of 50 times trying various techniques, setups etc. Best we have found was using a 245/40/18 mt et street still normal weight landed us a 12.59@116 but generally depends on temps and track conditions. As for 60 ft times the lowest we have squeezed was a 2.0. If these had a slightly higher stally they would be a weapon off the line

14 hours ago, 18ADF said:

No one will dip into the 11s without boost or atleast changing the rear ratio to a is350 or similiar. 

Ive been following Isf times for years now and that seems to be how it is. Even over here im still yet to hear of anyone dipping under a 12.5

between my wife and i we have ran ours down in excess of 50 times trying various techniques, setups etc. Best we have found was using a 245/40/18 mt et street still normal weight landed us a 12.59@116 but generally depends on temps and track conditions. As for 60 ft times the lowest we have squeezed was a 2.0. If these had a slightly higher stally they would be a weapon off the line

First run I did was 12.3 at 188kmh - 1.86 60 foot 

track temp was warm too - full tank of juice and a bunch of work *BLEEP* in the boot - ran a few 12.4s after that - the trap speed says it's good for high 11s 

• Like 2

Thx gents. This one was my second run and my best 60foot of the day. Not forgetting full tank and spare and *BLEEP* in the boot. I didn't even look at my tyre pressures either

I was spewing with 12.3, I want 11s in the next run - it's all about the hole shot launch in my opinion - seemed to go better when I manually shifted at 7k too for the record 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the RR RACING tune is a good thing enjoy. Be good to get some dyno figures and see if it makes more power than a oz tuned car who knows you could get as much as the yanks 420 rwhp, somehow I don't think so cheers. 

24 minutes ago, 2bling said:

Looks like the RR RACING tune is a good thing enjoy. Be good to get some dyno figures and see if it makes more power than a oz tuned car who knows you could get as much as the yanks 420 rwhp, somehow I don't think so cheers. 

yeah they do tend to have happier dynos over there as well as alot of downhill 1/4 miles lol

highest ive ever seen outta mine was 296kw, came off the dyno back in 2015 with around 285-290kw and went back recently for a check up and still pulling the same figures. All dynos and operators are different in many ways but mph always tells the truth.

6 hours ago, 18ADF said:

yeah they do tend to have happier dynos over there as well as alot of downhill 1/4 miles lol

highest ive ever seen outta mine was 296kw, came off the dyno back in 2015 with around 285-290kw and went back recently for a check up and still pulling the same figures. All dynos and operators are different in many ways but mph always tells the truth.

I'll be getting before and after dyno figures along with times from eastern creek. 

Install of Sydney based package to take place next month