G'day all,

Posting on behalf of a mate of mine who drives an IS250C. Couple of weeks back, the car alarm kept going off. Car is parked securely at home and there has been no sign of forced entry. It kept happening day after day. Finally called NRMA who replaced the battery as they suggested that the alarm repeatedly going off was one of the signs of low battery.

Replaced the battery but the alarm kept going off day after day. Took it to the Lexus service department who said they will monitor the car. The alarm kept going off whilst at the service department and they required some time to investigate. Got a call the other day from the Lexus service department who suggested that the Intrusion Detection System had failed and they suggest replacing it which will cost between $1500-$2000 plus labor charge per hour. Mate of mine refused to have it replaced and was provided a technique to disable the intrusion prevention system. This meant that you can lock the car but the alarm won't go off if someone tried to break into the car.

Wondering if anyone else have had this problem and if there are any other options to have it fixed (private mechanics). Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

17 minutes ago, bazzle said:

Old mate Baz to the rescue, thanks :)

So, I've had a look through those forums and have compiled some workarounds that I might get my mate to try;

• Remove anything metallic from the center console.
  • Reset the intrusion detection system (should be in the manual).

Will update on the above.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on things -

Mate took the car to Lexus who had the car for a few days and apparently could not find any issue. The only workaround they provided was to disable the intrusion detection sensor which meant that the car wouldn't set off the alarm if it was broken into. They offered a new Intrusion Detection Sensor system for $4000 which was "politely" declined.

Anybody else have any suggestions on what to check for?

• 1 month later...