Swift spring thoughts and experiences.

TAV

Hi everyone,

So I've just got myself into a '13 Isf for my daily drive. I haven't actually received the car as yet... that comes tomorrow. 

Have ordered the BaysonR lip, and next will be the Air/oil separator and USRS from RR racing.

I drove a few cars before pulling the trigger and liked the way the '13 suspension behaved... oddly even compared to a 2012 one i drove one hour prior.  

I really want to keep how the car drives at the moment but with a slightly lowered stance.

So there lies my question... Can this be achieved with the Swift springs on 2012+ Isf? Are there any other options I should be considering (wasn't sure if there was much more available for this model year IsF). Not too keen on going full coilovers because it'd only see a few track days per year (I've got a fun weekend car for more track days).

Seems to be mixed reviews with the swift springs, some even reporting that handling was worse with them, but if I recall correctly, those reports were pre- 2012.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_8774.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

I run the Swifts in my 2010, I really felt they improved the ride quality, rigid but not too harsh. Almost felt softer than the stock springs. I also sourced a set for my mate Howie who just had them installed in his 2012 F so he will probably chime in and let you know what he thinks.

Turn in improved but steel feels lethargic to me but Im used to much pointier vehicles. They are a good spring for sure.

Yep I’ll chime in here.  Running a 2012 ISF on Swift springs, haven’t done much cruising yet been about a week in.  I had a 2009 IS250 with Tein S-Techs before so expected similar characteristics, however what I did find is that with the reduced suspension travel I do feel the bumps a lot more (could be due to the increased weight of the F).  It will generally absorb small bumps well and it feels more planted to the ground but small pot holes you will definately feel.  I’d say eventually I’ll go with the ohlins RR Racing coilovers due to track work but for now they’re a pretty good road/track set up.

10 hours ago, Howiefied said:

Yep I’ll chime in here.  Running a 2012 ISF on Swift springs, haven’t done much cruising yet been about a week in.  I had a 2009 IS250 with Tein S-Techs before so expected similar characteristics, however what I did find is that with the reduced suspension travel I do feel the bumps a lot more (could be due to the increased weight of the F).  It will generally absorb small bumps well and it feels more planted to the ground but small pot holes you will definately feel.  I’d say eventually I’ll go with the ohlins RR Racing coilovers due to track work but for now they’re a pretty good road/track set up.

Thanks Howie. I'm thinking of the RR Racing road and track coilovers (i.e. the Afco ones, not the Penske)... seems like a nice piece of kit. They're doing a special at the moment... $2400USD  with USRS. 

• Like 1