Newby is200

Slammer

I'm a proud owner of a not so new is200 - and loving it. I've had my eyes on one of these as a second daily for a while, hoping I've picked a winner. The car needed a lot of maintenance (poorly looked after), and I am making my way through it as fast as possible. Every fluid now changed, new tyres (thanks tyrepower Northbridge!) drive belts get done this weekend and timing belt next Thursday. Having only owned it for a grand total of 5 days, I can say first impressions are - Awesome!! Should have done this years ago...and do I now have the car bug again... I think so! 

Future mods likely to be away off - I'm going to rebuild the front and rear end first, new brakes all round (anyone got some suggestions on discs?). I have found some challenge sourcing parts already - I had started looking for a short shift, seems pretty mandatory on this j160 - alas, no not excluding cheap Chinese stuff which won't be going on this car. 

I'd eventually like to do coils (Tein edbc looks interesting), sway bars (cusco?), is300 diff and axles...you can probably see where this is going...

Other observations - Lexus have been exceptionally helpful and I look forward to getting work done by them.

WP_20171112_17_30_50_Rich (2).jpg

• Like 1