Odd electrical issue

prios159

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some guidance.  I have a  2007 GS450h and have noticed that for the first 20 minutes of driving I can use the AC and view the Hybrid monitor do its thing.  After that, the AC stops blowing cold air and monitor goes idle. Can anyone tell me what is the issue?    Maybe 12v batteries? 

• 4 weeks later...

Gidday prios159.

I'm new here too! Bought an RX330 a couple of days ago and absolutely love it. 

On to your problem, these cars are so bloody technical you're probably going to need some help, or inspiration, or ???

Have you got an OBD (On Board  Diagnostics) scan tool? Have you considered purchasing one off e-bay? This scan tool may pick up something (error code)  and/or give you some clues. Also, in my many years of working on cars, I've always found the "Service Manager" at most dealerships a wealth of knowledge and assistance.

The other suggestion is to refer to You-tube for clues. The internet is a wonderful world-wide source of knowledge if you know how to use it and have a finely tuned BS meter. In a world car market, there's loads of your type of cars on the road and someone will have struck your problem before.

My daily drive is a Camry hybrid, which I quite like and I'm glad I'm not paying the bills if anything "super-technical buggers up on it.

Good luck and don't give in to it easily.

Regards,

Cameron.

2007 hybrid as lexus/toyota warrants for 10 years

battery should be on its way out

get your battery checked for the hybrid system

not your small battery in the engine bay

btw how many kms on the car?

• Like 1