:huh: Hi all new IS250 Owners. Reading the UK owners club site, it seems there have been a few cars found with rattle noises.

I have found one in the drivers side pillar and will return to Lexus shortly to have retified.

Is anybody else finding noises that shouldn't be there?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, finally took the baby back to the dealership today and it turned out to be 2 issues around the seatbelt area within the pillar.

Both fixed.

Noise free now. Well, except for the usual road noise and stereo turned up loud.

• 2 weeks later...
:huh: Hi all new IS250 Owners. Reading the UK owners club site, it seems there have been a few cars found with rattle noises.

I have found one in the drivers side pillar and will return to Lexus shortly to have retified.

Is anybody else finding noises that shouldn't be there?

Yeah I have a rattle in my sunroof & will be on to Lexus Brighton very soon..its not on for 63k spend

Well, I spoke toooo soon.

The following week after it was supposed to have been fixed, a noise is back. I think it is the original noise, but not there all the time and on and off. The original was a constant noise.

Looks like another trip to the dealership.

Also have a very squeaky driver seat, while driving.

• 4 years later...

Well, it's been 4 years since this thread was updated, but I figured I'd add my experiences in case anyone else encounters rattles.

I also experienced a rattle, probably similar to what Rap03 experienced but emanating from the front passenger side. It only happened often on bumpy, unmaintained roads; unfortunately, no such roads were encountered on the test drive with the Lexus service guy. The car was in the shop for two days, and I don't know whether the Lexus service folk ever ended up hearing the noise for themselves. They did, however, fix three areas which may interest others:

1. Added foam near the pollen filter at the back of the glovebox. This was their first attempt in fixing the problem and, judging by the UK forums, must be a common source of rattling noises.

2. Added foam in the B pillar. No surprises there.

3. Apparently, a common problem with the IS's is that the door seals can become dry, causing parts pressed against them to rattle. Lubricating the door seals can fix the problem. I think this was the most likely solution to my problem, since it sounded like the rattle of a glass panel (a bit like the window panes on old train carriages).

So, the next time you hear a rattle (and particularly if the car is out of warranty) ... Consider the door seals!

I sorta give up on the rattles. It's the glove box, speakers and dash areas that causes the annoying rattles for me.

Oh how i'll will give my left nut for sound proof driving, the only sound I want to hear are that of my tyres going over humps.

I sorta give up on the rattles. It's the glove box, speakers and dash areas that causes the annoying rattles for me.

Oh how i'll will give my left nut for sound proof driving, the only sound I want to hear are that of my tyres going over humps.

Is it that bad Justin?

My car doesn't rattle...have you tried taking it to the dealer?

It's not that bad, but my 96 Camry doesn't have the same sort of rattles.

Accord Euros are the only car i've driven that are rattle free...the one i drove anyway.

It's not that bad, but my 96 Camry doesn't have the same sort of rattles.

Accord Euros are the only car i've driven that are rattle free...the one i drove anyway.

wierd

mines rattle free

Mine rattles a bit in some places, especially the rear roof area. Been to fix it twice, or three times now, lost count. Lost hope too haha. Must be just my car, other IS's I've been in don't rattle at all. Ah well, can't hear it much unless stereo is off so I guess no biggie.

I am a rattle freak - they drive me insane, and I drive my wife insane because of it - she cant hear them! The car is a victim of its own cabin quietness...

My 2006 IS250 has been rattle free for a couple of years now, but there were a couple I had to address...

Squeaky seat - there are some guiding washers that may need removing (they shouldve been removed in the manufacturing process). Ive attached the TSIB for instructions on how to do it - get your dealer to do it of course.

Speakers - just get your dealer to tighten the packing in the door next service. Im sure it only happens when its up loud, and its not the speakers themselves, its the door trim around them.

Sunroof - keep the rubber seal clean and get the dealer to look at it next service. They may have to cut little squares (about 5mm x 5mm) out of the two aluminium rails as there is sometimes a bit of rubbing between components causing the noise. They did that to mine, and solved the problem.

The others I havent heard about...

Lexus TSIB - Seat Squeak.pdf

My 6 month old F-Sport recently started throwing up a range a odd rattles, squeaks and slight cracking/flexing noises from the centre console/stack and also roof lining it seems. Rattles most prominent on B grade roads but the cracking/flexing noises apparent when entering driveways at an angle. Would agree dry seals create a lot of rattle problems.

I had a rattle from the centre vents investigated a couple of months ago and was told they replaced all internal vent clips to rectify. Whilst this seemed to fix that problem I think it's true once they pull these things apart they never go back together the same way and ultimately trying to fix things may lead to more problems. Classic catch 22.

Would also say that big wheels, low profile rubber and stiff suspension will always equal rattles - even in a Lexus. Guess that's the beauty of owning one of these things - Lexus never seem happy until you are. Have had the entirely opposite experience in other marques - know for a fact Subaru only give you 12 months to point these issues out and have them fixed under warranty.

For me it isnt becos of the 18s and drop that caused the annoyances. The beauty (not) of it all is when you go over things on the road (from cracks, potholes, etc) you don't know what sound and where the noise will be, untill you it's heard. You can be going over massive holes and it's silent with just a thumo from the tyre.

You can go over a small crack line and it goes nuts....

• 6 years later...

For all rubber seals and other rubbing parts use Dupont Krytox lubricant. 

When I had my SLK the rubbers made a lot of noise when the body flexed. All were fixed with that "recommended" lube.

Also worked on my Audi.

Will be trying on my IS350 F Sport driver door seals soon too.

Ex:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dupont-Krytox-240-Ab-Grease-/222387363385?hash=item33c751de39:g:7cUAAOSwT5tWG2ix

• 2 weeks later...