Your Questions Here

Hey all

Since the error removed this post i will start it again.

This is where you can find out anything about the Soarer. No questions are to stupid or if you think you can catch me out here is the place to ask.

And if i dont know i will find the answer for you so i do know as well.

Sorry i only know about the JZZ30, UZZ30, 31 and 32's, SC300 and SC400's. Sorry nothing about the flash new SC530 Soarer.

Hey all

This is where you can find out anything about the Soarer. No questions are to stupid or if you think you can catch me out here is the place to ask.

Sorry i only know about the JZZ30, UZZ30, 31 and 32's, SC300 and SC400's. Sorry nothing about the flash new SC530 Soarer.

Thankd JZ for the offering...I could help out abit about the New Lexus SC430 or the new 4.3 Soarers... I got some decent knowlege about them but nothing compare to the IS and Altezzas...

Matt :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello PFO welcome and thanks for being the first to ask.

This is what i have got on your problem and a few links with illistrations on how to fix your blinky dash. This is a common problem on Soarers that are long in the tooth.

To fix the blinky dash.

http://www.lexus.australia.as/technical_pa...eter_repair.htm

This one shows you how to remove the dash itself to clean it and also how to remove the reverse beeper and door chime.

http://www.planetsoarer.com/dashrepair/dashrepair.htm

When you have your dash out you can also change the visual colours as well check this link if you want to kill 3 birds wih one stone.

http://www.reepa.com/bluedash.htm

As for the place to fix it i am not sure. I would remove the dash by following the steps given and take the dash to a reputable auto electrician and tell them what you want done. This will save you alot on labour charges for him to remove your dash. If your not comfident then print it all out and take it with you so you save on him scratching his head being confused. Oh i dont suggest driving the car with the dash out. Good luck and hope it all goes well.

Hi there,

[i]I just joined today, i have a silver 4.0GT Toyota Soarer, mods done are: mags 17/8 front 17/9 back and do-it-yourself air filter.

i am changing my stereo but it is so hard, to many wires coming out from everywhere, do you know of a link that can help with the stereo wiring for the soarer, i am getting frustrated.

also i am looking to import a body kit from the states. before i do that is there any good places in nz that i can get body kits for the soarer from?

what about changing the spark plugs, where are they?

thanks heaps t :gav:

Hi there,

[i]I just joined today, i have a silver 4.0GT Toyota Soarer, mods done are: mags 17/8 front 17/9 back and do-it-yourself air filter.

i am changing my stereo but it is so hard, to many wires coming out from everywhere, do you know of a link that can help with the stereo wiring for the soarer, i am getting frustrated.

also i am looking to import a body kit from the states. before i do that is there any good places in nz that i can get body kits for the soarer from?

what about changing the spark plugs, where are they?

thanks heaps t :gav:

I can get hold of Bodykits, I do not prefer Fibreglass, get some real thing like C-One or TRD...

Hello PFO welcome and thanks for being the first to ask.

This is what i have got on your problem and a few links with illistrations on how to fix your blinky dash. This is a common problem on Soarers that are long in the tooth.

To fix the blinky dash.

http://www.lexus.australia.as/technical_pa...eter_repair.htm

This one shows you how to remove the dash itself to clean it and also how to remove the reverse beeper and door chime.

http://www.planetsoarer.com/dashrepair/dashrepair.htm

When you have your dash out you can also change the visual colours as well check this link if you want to kill 3 birds wih one stone.

http://www.reepa.com/bluedash.htm

As for the place to fix it i am not sure. I would remove the dash by following the steps given and take the dash to a reputable auto electrician and tell them what you want done. This will save you alot on labour charges for him to remove your dash. If your not comfident then print it all out and take it with you so you save on him scratching his head being confused. Oh i dont suggest driving the car with the dash out. Good luck and hope it all goes well.

wow, thanks for the info, looks a bit to tricky for me to attempt, I'll do what you said print it out and find an auto sparkie, once thats fixed I have to fix the squeaky suspension which has just stated and find a new front lip spoiler as mind is stuffed

Thanks for your help B)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok about the sterio. That can be complicated depending on what you want done. I reccomend getting them to run new wires to all speakers and the power cables and so on for the sub (if you plan to get one) at the same time. Its an easy job just make sure they dont rip your parcel shelf when trying to remove it as it is only compressd cardboard and breaks easily. The doors are easy as pie, i think the hardest job of the lot was getting the power cable through the firewall.

Bobykits

If you want a cheap firbreglass replica look in Australia you name it they have it. If you are after a real macoy job then be prepared to pay. I got a qutoe from a place in Hamilton and it was going to cost me $3000 just for the front bumper not painted or fitted. But then it was from Japan and a proper plastic job. oh here are some kit co's/names that i know make them for soarers. Bomex, Veilside, Vertex, Runner(widebody), C-One, Godfather, BN Sports, AB Flug, Do-Luck, Erebuni, Evolution, Hiro, Inspection, Include, JIC, Shot, Varis, Wald. There are alot more thats most of what i know about.

Ok about the sterio. That can be complicated depending on what you want done. I reccomend getting them to run new wires to all speakers and the power cables and so on for the sub (if you plan to get one) at the same time. Its an easy job just make sure they dont rip your parcel shelf when trying to remove it as it is only compressd cardboard and breaks easily. The doors are easy as pie, i think the hardest job of the lot was getting the power cable through the firewall.

Bobykits

If you want a cheap firbreglass replica look in Australia you name it they have it. If you are after a real macoy job then be prepared to pay. I got a qutoe from a place in Hamilton and it was going to cost me $3000 just for the front bumper not painted or fitted. But then it was from Japan and a proper plastic job. oh here are some kit co's/names that i know make them for soarers. Bomex, Veilside, Vertex, Runner(widebody), C-One, Godfather, BN Sports, AB Flug, Do-Luck, Erebuni, Evolution, Hiro, Inspection, Include, JIC, Shot, Varis, Wald. There are alot more thats most of what i know about.

Wow!!! you do know everything about Soarers!!! you the man!!!

Shucks. I am just a :wacko: diehard Soarer fan :wacko: with not much money to do what i want to so i just find all i can about the car. Thats why Im asking you all to ask your questions here so i can do the finding for you. If your wanting pics of all the body kits listed above and more i found a link. Sorry but getting the wiring diagram links will be dificult as there is many amps located around the car which are all interlinked oh I never asked if you have the EMV screen or just radio/cd/cassette system. I might do some searching to see if ya can get TV/DVD installed for the EMV and if its pos to have it while ya drive too.

Quickly off the subject.

Whats with this crap PM from cha100. Sorry dont care for your problems if they were true but then its just spam like all other rubbish like that ask for bank accounts. Ya an idiot if you think id fall for it. :lol: .

Admin please delete him as it just look like its there to spam.

• 3 weeks later...
If you have any Q's reguarding non modifcation side the JZZ30, UZZ31, UZZ32, SC300, SC400's write it up here.

I want to re-badge (1) of my (2) 4.0 GT's. Q. Does the Lexus badge on the boot lid, cover the holes from the old Soarer Badge? And whats the best way to remove them without damage? Also is Startrade Aus. as good a place as any to get them? B)

Startrade is a good company. I got a second hand a/c unit from them as my lcd unit had heat damage. The badge covers all the holes bar 1 i think, and i also think there a different sizes that are available. Oh if you are going to change the Lexus do a proper job and get the SC400 badge as well. one more thing here is a list that startrade done up for the most asked Q's for the SC400/Soarer

http://users.bigpond.net.au/startrade/FAQ/FAQ.html

Oh Matt i did recieve the cards you were going to send. but then i havent been home for a week to check again.

• 1 month later...

JZ dream: You mentioned you got a replacement AC unit as the display had heat damage. Mine appears to also have this (ie blothcy black LCD puddle on display making reading the settings difficult).....Is it possible to just replace the LCD screen or is it easier to just replace the whole unit? Are you in Aussie or NZ? (im in NZ) How much was the replacement unit?

Thanks

to replace just the lcd you have to remove alot of soldering as it is connected to some kind of circut board it is also very iffy as ya dont want to flex the screen or you r back to step 1. what i did was just buy a ac unit that was not working and swapped the lcd screen section with the one in my ac unit so i ended up with one that worked. One thing Startrade did not mention was that the bulbs had been removed on the one they sent me so at night ya cant see jack. I just have to get around to swapping them over too. It cost me $150 - $200 nz $ of the unit and i did all the swapping at home as it was easy as pie and i had all the nessesary instructions to remove the dash etc it only took me 5 hrs and 4.5 hours was gettint the center console out.

I went to Toyota spares in Akld for one and it would cost me $500 to $750 to get one from them. Your choice really, pay $500 for one that is sure to work or get a faulty one and combine them to get a working one with nice new lcd on the cheap.

• 2 months later...

Hi

JZ330 '91 Soarer question.

My seatbelt warning light remains on whether or not any of the belts are buckled or not.

What can cause this.

Also where's a good place to get a workshop manual for these cars?

Cheers :D

If I may JZ :unsure:

Hi there Poltac,

If you look under the front of the drivers seat you will see 2 plugs.1big and 1 small.The small one is the seatbelt one, the other is for the lumber support.Check to see if the wires coming from the small plug are going into the seatbelt buckle.If they are not there altogether it may have had new belts fitted.If this is the case just join the 2 wires at the plug and the light on the dash will go off. ;)

Hi again.

Has anyone replace the radiator fan with an electric fan?

Are there any issues?

I have taken the fan (including hub) off the water pump pully, but it made a rough noise when the engine is running. And no noise is heard when the fan hub (center metal hub without fan) is put back onto the water pump pully. Is ther balancing issues?

Any thoughts?

:huh:

• 6 months later...
Hey all

Sorry I am new to this so I will apologize now if I am asking question incorrectly.

How comfortable are the Soarers Z30 front seats and do they provide much back support. I want to up grade my own car seats (not a Soarer) and I found two front seats of a Soarer Z30 at a wrecker which will fit straight in.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again.

Has anyone replace the radiator fan with an electric fan?

Are there any issues?

I have taken the fan (including hub) off the water pump pully, but it made a rough noise when the engine is running. And no noise is heard when the fan hub (center metal hub without fan) is put back onto the water pump pully. Is ther balancing issues?

Hi Folks

Answered my own question to this one I guess.

I did take off the original radiator fan about the same time I made that post.

The balancing issues I had was the fact that the pully wasn't bolted tight enough to the water pump pully, so a new set of bolts and washers sorted that out. To my relief!:blink:

The engine was much quieter than usual, didn't sound like a ruddy diesel engine. Another result of it was the amount of room between the engine and radiator, the space is huge. I have been thinking what to do with it. hmm.

Also I have been driving around for about 6 or so months without a radiator fan (to the horror of many!) and I didn't experience any over heating problems. Mind you that was during the colder months. And also there is a 12" fan to the front and a tiny one attached which kept things going.

But to be on the safe-side, ended up putting 2 el-cheapo electric radiator fans from super cheap auto and attaching the electrical connectors to the existing ones, mounted the fans to the front of the AC condenser replacing the old electric fan.

Looks good, fans are not to efficient, a little noisy, but I'm happy.

I thought I might let you fella's know. :gav:

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys ...new to the forum with a new 96 GT T soarer

i jsut recently noticed that when i turn the Overdrive on that the O/D light blinks. When i first start the car it dosnt seem to blink but after afew minutes it will blink? Any idea to what is causing this??

thanks