Things To Look For When Buying A Used Altezza

Faircall, the covers may make it look a bit like a skline i suppose (Clear boot lenses on a white car remove this effect to some degree).

Comes down to personal preference in the end though, do what YOU think looks better! I would advise you to keep the covers even if you dont like them now incase you change your mind.

I'm probably going to offend some people by saying this, but I was going to get rid of the tail light covers on my Tezza when i bought it but it grew on me, now i actually prefer the covers.

Half of the new cars that you can buy now have a ripoff of the altezza style lights as well as every 2nd lancer or civic, just not as unique as they were. Nearly everyone now has what was one of the most distinctive features of the car.

Just my 2 cents.

Altezzas a definately very nice cars though, people are always checking them out - one person pulled up beside me at ~ 105 kph on the motorway to take a photo of my ride! You wont regret buying one.

Gareth

every time I see a civic, mitsi or suby I just tell myself at least I have an altezza to go with my tail lights... then i laugh at them when I catch them looking

:lol:

i think the covers look great on the yellow and the blue altezzas

i don't think they suit silver.. well, thats just me :--)

hahah i laugh at those civics too.. they really look kinda gay on them

well, yea, haha, personal preference i guess..!

I'm probably going to offend some people by saying this, but I was going to get rid of the tail light covers on my Tezza when i bought it but it grew on me, now i actually prefer the covers.

Half of the new cars that you can buy now have a ripoff of the altezza style lights as well as every 2nd lancer or civic, just not as unique as they were. Nearly everyone now has what was one of the most distinctive features of the car.

Just my 2 cents.

Altezzas a definately very nice cars though, people are always checking them out - one person pulled up beside me at ~ 105 kph on the motorway to take a photo of my ride! You wont regret buying one.

Gareth

every time I see a civic, mitsi or suby I just tell myself at least I have an altezza to go with my tail lights... then i laugh at them when I catch them looking

Totally agree with Aaron, just my 02 cents I do not care if Civic wannabes have them because we can tell they are fake right away anyways...lol

Matt :D

PS - I want a personalised Plate but jsut got a new Palm so not more cash :(, also Hayden your new 04 Silver Window switches thingi arrived today.

Yeah, I might do that I guess - good idea.

Cheers for that tip 4ROLLN - I'm definitely in, and have PMed the chick organising it! :D

definately a good opportunty to but a plate cheaply, I've done it before. This is my 5th plate ive bought!

Just my 2 cents.

Gareth

Totally agree with Aaron, just my 02 cents I do not care if Civic wannabes have them because we can tell they are fake right away anyways...lol

PS - I want a personalised Plate but jsut got a new Palm so not more cash :(, also Hayden your new 04 Silver Window switches thingi arrived today.

sweet az Matt

..... and I like my silver covers and I think they look great on a silver car so there!!! :o :o

:D

Just my 2 cents.

Gareth

sweet az Matt

..... and I like my silver covers and I think they look great on a silver car so there!!! :o :o

:D

Ok we were all trying to be polite...anything more of these this post will be gone guys...keep it on the down low!

PS - Hayden I will ship your plates with Bens Headlight tomorrow, free of charge for you lucky *BLEEP*! but you will have to go pick it up from the Waikato Uni Campus from Ben...PM me for details!!!

Yup, sure am.

Insane. Just insane. I love my car - I can't believe how impressive it is. The more I drive it, the more I love it!

Slightly scraped the front spoiler/bumper trying to get up my super-steep driveway tonight; felt horribly guilty! However, I think I've mastered the perfect angle to get up without scrapage now... here's hoping anyway. :-/

List of things to do in order of importance (greatest to least!):

- clean the thing

- sort out stereo system (jammed CD stacker, rear speakers removed, tuner still on Japanese bands)

- IMPROVE stereo system - amp! DVC sub!

- get GPS system working. I am determined!

- get someone to translate the damn Japanese on the GPS screen and its remote!

- front window tints (?)

- sort out low-end problem (cold air box?)

- exhaust mod

Yup, sure am.

Insane. Just insane. I love my car - I can't believe how impressive it is. The more I drive it, the more I love it!

Slightly scraped the front spoiler/bumper trying to get up my super-steep driveway tonight; felt horribly guilty! However, I think I've mastered the perfect angle to get up without scrapage now... here's hoping anyway. :-/

List of things to do in order of importance (greatest to least!):

- clean the thing

- sort out stereo system (jammed CD stacker, rear speakers removed, tuner still on Japanese bands)

- IMPROVE stereo system - amp! DVC sub!

- get GPS system working. I am determined!

- get someone to translate the damn Japanese on the GPS screen and its remote!

- front window tints (?)

- sort out low-end problem (cold air box?)

- exhaust mod

I see...seems like you want to get rid of the most typical problems we have here...

-For CD Player, you need to get rid of the OEM system and get a new OEM Din for your new stereo...

-For the Jap Nav there is still no way at this stage we get that working in NZ.

-Window Tint, a tip for you it is 45% at the rear.

-Low end Power...Apex-i Intake and Cold Air box, HKS or C-One Headers.

-Muffler...to get high end power go for N1 Style Pipe, for low end torque go for Oval end Mufflers...

If you need any help sorted any items let me know as I m in Hong Kong, I have helped nearly every member in here and is300.net to get these stuff for the cheapest price possible...and I got the knowledge to understand your needs. ;)

Yeah, been doing a fair bit of reading around here - so aware of your great knowledge and will be sure to draw on it way too much :]

Part of the expected reason for the incredibly bad low end I suspect is that it has an aftermarket HKS custom pod intake attached - without cold air box. Just sucking hot air I guess, as per your common causes post.

I was thinking of investigating the possibility of doing a ram air-intake into custom cold-airbox around the existing HKS headers / K&N (I think?) pod, via the aftermarket bumper on the car; it has empty gaps (presumably for fog lights) which look perfect for ramming air up. Will post pics when I get a nice day, clean car and digital camera. :-P

Will do a bit more reading and no doubt ask for advice. I have to track down the exact mods that have been done to the car first as well - not even sure what they all are!

Regarding the stereo - do most people put in aftermarket double-DIN units... presumably with a custom surrounding fascia to match the trapezium shape on the factory units and avoid ugly gaps?

Cheers for the tint tip - it actually looks quite dark, so I'm surprised it's only 45! Will get that done on the front I guess - always wanted a fully tinted car. *smile*

You are welcoem mate, if you ever need anything jsut let us know...as for the din the only prefect fit and colour match is the OEM Toyota one from all of the ones that I have seen...in msot cases it is cheaper to get a factory one than to get a custom one made...The Apex-i Cold airbox can fit the HKS Filter nice.

Matt :)

• 12 years later...