Rx350 - 'afs Off' Switch?

Drove an RX 350 while my RX330 was being serviced, and noticed an extra switch labelled 'AFS OFF' down near the fuel door release.

Anyone know what it is?

Noticed the difference in power to mine, extras like heated seats, bluetooth phone, upgraded NAV nice but on the whole not a lot of difference.

Wouldn't mind upgrading though!

I had an MY07 350 Sport Luxury as a loaner about 3 weeks ago while my 330 was in for its 50,000km service.

Biggest difference IMO between the 350 and 330 is the gear ratios - they are way too short in the 330, especially 1 st gear.

I don't like the guidlines they have introduced for the rear camera, it makes it difficult to see what the camera is actually looking at (I want to see where I'm going, not some stupid lines in the Nav screen).

Bluetooth would be nice......I was going to get my dealer to install a kit for me, but he told me that the kit for my phone (Nokia N95) hasn't been perfected yet, and too many owners are having problems with dropouts, can't connect to the phone, interferes with the Nav system, etc etc. Some have even had the kit removed.

It was 25 degrees outside when I had the 350, so the heated seats were useless............

I think the grill was different to mine (honestly, I didn't notice), and um, I think the plastic in the indicator stalk is also different. Honestly, apart from the engine, there's not too much difference between the 330 and 350 ;)

And BTW, I think the "AFS Off" switch if for the Adaptive Front Headlights........

• 5 months later...

'AFS' means Adaptive Front lighting System (at night with the Bi-Xenon headlights) it swivels either side, pressing that button means they stay pointing straight ahead and don't turn when you turn the steering wheel.

As to The Guidelines, you can press the on screen button on the bottom left hand side of the screen, and it has three modes:

1: Lines move to show where you will end up

2: Helps with Car Parks to show when to turn to center park.

3: A Red line appears for 0.3m as a stopper, if you don't like the guidelines use number 3.

Hope this helps