Howto: Modify Auto Lock/unlock Licked To Transmission/movement

TESTED ON: 2007 IS250 Sports with enhancement pack

SUCCESFUL/FAIL: FAIL

LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: hard (assuming it's even possible!)

INTRODUCTION

In some Lexus models, it has been possible to modify the automatic lock and unlock options, linking them either to the position of the transmission or motion of the car. To date, I haven't had any luck getting this to work on my 2007 IS250 or my wife's 2007 RX350.

DETAIL

There are four configuration options:

A. Locking linked with the shift position

All the dooor are locked automatically when the selector lever is moved out of the "P" position with the ignition switch in the "ON" position. This is suppose to be the default setting for new vehicles.

B. Unlocking linked with the shift position

All the door are unlocked automatically when the selector lever is moved to the "P" position with the switch in the "ON" position.

C. Locking linked with the vehicle speed

All the doors are automatically locked when the vehicle speed reached 12 mph or higher. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, the auto function will not operate until the unlocked door is opened once.

D. All the doors are unlocked automatically when the driver's door is opened within 10 seconds after the ignition switch is turned from "ON" to the "ACC" or "LOCK" position.

STEPS

1. Close all the doors

2. Turn the ignition ON (press START button twice?)

3. Within 10 seconds after the ignition is turned ON:

+To set function
A

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector lever in the "P" position.

+To set function
B

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in the "P" position.

+To set fuction
C

Push and hold the front of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

+To set function
D

Push and hold the rear of the power door lock switch for 5 seconds with the selector switch in any position except "P".

All the doors are automatically locked and unlocked when you release the power door lock switch. This indicates that the functions is set. If all the doors do not lock and unlock, the time the switch was held may have been too short or too long. Perform the procedure over again starting at step 1.

If im not mistaken only Lexus IS250 08+ has Auto lock capability, but again i might be wrong :)

The US forums hits I found had various posters saying they've been able to do it on '06 and '08 models. It doesn't make sense that they'd remove it for the year in between...

if im not mistaken US get the auto locking but aussie gets the auto window roll down and up remotely.. but aussie 08+ model gets the auto locking as well..

If im not mistaken only Lexus IS250 08+ has Auto lock capability, but again i might be wrong :)

The US forums hits I found had various posters saying they've been able to do it on '06 and '08 models. It doesn't make sense that they'd remove it for the year in between...

if im not mistaken US get the auto locking but aussie gets the auto window roll down and up remotely.. but aussie 08+ model gets the auto locking as well..

Yeh, I do have the auto lock feature with mine, but what do mean by the auto window roll down and up thing. Are you talking about when U keep the lock / unlock button on the fob pressed for 2-3 secs, or is there a fully automatic feature??

Yes opening and closing window by holding on the fob for few seconds. i dont think us market has them

Yeh, I do have the auto lock feature with mine, but what do mean by the auto window roll down and up thing. Are you talking about when U keep the lock / unlock button on the fob pressed for 2-3 secs, or is there a fully automatic feature??

I have an 06 IS250 and can confirm the following after talking to the service centre manager.

06 and 07 models cannot have this enabled.

08 models come with the feature to automatically lock the doors.

US models, due to litigation (in case someone has a limb out of the window), do not allow you to open or close windows/sunroof with the remote.

Hi Guys, does that mean that if I leave the Window open and lock the car, the windows roll up??

Nah man! Don't think there is a full auto option for this. U got an '08 like me. Im pretty sure we can only do it by holding down the lock button on the fob.Its pretty much the same thing anyway!!!

Hi ProjectIs :)

I tried this today, but one of my windows down and locked the car with my remote. The car locked it beeped saying something was open but that was about it. The window's did not roll up. I would love to know how to turn this on :)

Hi ProjectIs :)

I tried this today, but one of my windows down and locked the car with my remote. The car locked it beeped saying something was open but that was about it. The window's did not roll up. I would love to know how to turn this on :)

I will get back to you soon re this , let me check something out!! As far as I know, at default, the windows should re-act the way described. ie. Hold the unlock down on the fob, the windows, sunroof etc opens, hold the lock, the opposite obviously will occur. What I just worked out, Im a chronic "TILTA"!! By that, What I mean is, my sunroof is at a constant tilt no matter where and when I go somewhere! (Bet im not alone on this one)!! Anyway, worked out that even if the knob is in the tilt position, and U out of the car, it will still close with that method... Damn cool I say!! Anyway, I remember reading in a reference somewhere about changing the default behaviour. Let me get back to you!!! <_<

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
to autolock in drive and autounlock in park - it needs to be done with the lexus IT machine they plug into under your dash. Takes 3 seconds - the guy told me it isnt possible doing it by yourself

Strange, I've set up mine so that when I change gear from PARK to any other it locks the doors, then unlocks when putting back to PARK. When I unlock the doors in DRIVE position though, the car locks them back as soon as the speed is over ~25km/h. If you want to have it set up this way - it is all in the manual, no special IT machine required unless we are talking about 2 different options here.

• 1 month later...
to autolock in drive and autounlock in park - it needs to be done with the lexus IT machine they plug into under your dash. Takes 3 seconds - the guy told me it isnt possible doing it by yourself

Strange, I've set up mine so that when I change gear from PARK to any other it locks the doors, then unlocks when putting back to PARK. When I unlock the doors in DRIVE position though, the car locks them back as soon as the speed is over ~25km/h. If you want to have it set up this way - it is all in the manual, no special IT machine required unless we are talking about 2 different options here.

hey Bartek, I've tried doing this on my is250 built 11/07 with emv + sunroof without any sucess!

Is there a trick to it?

hey Bartek, I've tried doing this on my is250 built 11/07 with emv + sunroof without any sucess!

Is there a trick to it?

My understanding is that there was a change made to the later models (MY09 I think) that allows you to do it yourself. Prior to that it required the "IT" at a dealership to be plugged in to make the change.

As to the windows going down/up by holding the button on the remote, this was the default setting on earlier models. Later models need to have this activated at a dealership using the IT. This change was made after an expensive owner incident.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I saw this title. I tried my '07 IS250 to autolock and autounlock, and I got successful. :-)THANKS.

autolock: start engine --> keep "p" then push and hold lock button until to unlock

autounlock: start engine --> keep "p" then push and hold unlock button until you hear unlock sound.

hope that helps.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I've notice this old post. If people are still interested in adding this feature to their cars I've made an aftermarket module that you can install to provide this feature. As a bonus the module can also add follow me home and approach lighting.

• 1 year later...