New Smart Card Access Key For 2006-2008 Is250/350, 2006-2008 Gs300/350

Hi Guys,

Just been reading in club lexus and sewell has confirmed that the new smart card access key card for LS460 is actually compatible with 2006-2008 IS250/350, 2006-2008 GS300/350/430/450h and the 2007-2008 ES350.

for more details and special pricing go to: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322504

IS250 key fob is so big and heavy in the pocket, with this new RFID smart card (apparently the thickness of 3 credit cards) we can just put it in our wallet :)

im not sure if Lexus in australia willing to reprogram the access card to our vehicle but it has been confirmed by sewell that the programming steps are the same as to reprogram another key fob into our car..

anyone interested ? coz i am :) sick of the thick and heavy key fob :gav:

anyone interested ? coz i am :) sick of the thick and heavy key fob :gav:

To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. The fob is a little big and heavy, but I guess that's so it can hold the mechanical key as well. I wonder if Sewell would be able to sell a bulk amount to interested members at a better price. Aggregated shipping costs would also be a benefit.

I don't think of it as being big and heavy because there are no other keys to carry as far as the car goes. I only got the one house key on it and the mandatory USB stick.

As for the proximity card, im down for the group buy as I still think its pretty cool!! (AND I DO LIKE COOL THINGS)!! B)

I am sorry to inform you that the smart card from sewell will not work here in australia due to the difference in frequency. I've contacted my lexus dealer in sydney as well as sewell and they have confirmed it.

However in the future, if sewell does manufacture smart cards which uses the same frequencies as australia, i'll be keen to buy one!

• 8 years later...

Part number for AU 3IS smart card is 89904 53511.The US one for this car to 2015 is 89904 53510 they then went to AU part number.The card from Lexus AU costs$806.00 plus $80.00 to program.I have purchased one from US for $334.00 AU.All numbers match my damaged card(lost,recovered,smashed) but will not know if it works till I try programming it.The dealer in US says it does not match my VIN. but I think they can only verify north american numbers.I`ll let you know in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Works fine Bazzle,programmed in about 20sec. using techstream cable.It does'nt come with the slim key that slots into the card. This is the link to supplier but he does'nt post to AU so you need a local US address.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131255669380?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bazzle ,check the frequency of your current key, if the denso number is 14FBA it should work.The card key works over a wider range than the standard key so you need to know the frequencies.I read them all somewhere but ca'nt remember ,sorry.The US part number is probably 89904 53510 to2014 model IS.