• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know an alternative to getting the latest v14 maps for the IS250 sat nav other than Lexus ($405)?

Ebay!!!

Did I mention that I have V14. Hehehe!

Im pretty sure you can get it other ways "for testing purposes" ?!?!?!!!! :ph34r:

I agreed to help out my mate and safely store an offsite backup of the disc from his '08 Prado

Mate, you are too nice!! :D

When u ejected your dvd, did it prompt U to load one straight back in?

I might make a backup of my one just in case if it were to get scratched!!!! (my kids like playing with that dvd for some reason)!!!Hehehe! :rolleyes:

i've sorted it out.

thanks all.

and no, it didn't prompt for a new one although nav didn't work with no dvd inside as it has no maps to run off and that clock panel was a pain in the a** to remove!

now running v14 and it is so much more detailed than v12. oh yeah, and the m7 exists..... hehe...

Nope - just took a few seconds or so to do a quick update, rebooted, and there it was, in all it's glory. Purely for testing purposes of course... :unsure:

that clock panel was a pain in the a** to remove!

Didn't you find the proper tools in your Lexus toolkit? There's two probes in there designed for removing the clock face. Page 14 of the attached PDF shows how.

Nav_Appendix.pdf

Nope - just took a few seconds or so to do a quick update, rebooted, and there it was, in all it's glory. Purely for testing purposes of course... :unsure:

Of course!!

Was that with the re-burn? and it was a 1 to 1 B/U, yeh? See, im a little bit confused because I remember reading a post on CL that spoke of the sys firmware being included on the DVD. If that were the case, I would assume that it would of had a dummy spit with the different version! (ie. Prado sys).Unless if it were not like an autoboot thing but rather there were a method to initiate the firmware change! Did you explore to see what was on the disk?

Sorry, this has me intrigued as I really want to toy with the firmware change! I will have to eject my one tomorrow to have a play!!

Thanks for the info by the way!!! :)

Of course!!

Was that with the re-burn? and it was a 1 to 1 B/U, yeh? See, im a little bit confused because I remember reading a post on CL that spoke of the sys firmware being included on the DVD. If that were the case, I would assume that it would of had a dummy spit with the different version! (ie. Prado sys).Unless if it were not like an autoboot thing but rather there were a method to initiate the firmware change! Did you explore to see what was on the disk?

Sorry, this has me intrigued as I really want to toy with the firmware change! I will have to eject my one tomorrow to have a play!!

i had the tools but for some reason mine would not come out. it is extremely hard to remove something when you require a little bit of force but don't apply any force as you're afraid you'll damage something as its so expensive. hence the reason probably most of us drive stock.

not sure about the firmware but when i updated to v14 from v12 it doesn't allow the dvd on the move hack anymore. menu, vol, TL, BL, TL, BL.

so now i have to enter stuff at the lights. might out in a switch so i can have nav on the move.

Of course!!

i had the tools but for some reason mine would not come out. it is extremely hard to remove something when you require a little bit of force but don't apply any force as you're afraid you'll damage something as its so expensive. hence the reason probably most of us drive stock.

not sure about the firmware but when i updated to v14 from v12 it doesn't allow the dvd on the move hack anymore. menu, vol, TL, BL, TL, BL.

so now i have to enter stuff at the lights. might out in a switch so i can have nav on the move.

Well thats it. It must do the firmware when you install another version automatically. Could you do the "watch dvd while drive" via the screen diad before. If you could, can you see if you still get access to that screen.......Please??

If you can't, your officially living in my world!! (ie. minimal easter eggs!!!!)

Ahhh, that's definitely the problem. v12 allowed the "soft" DVD hack whereas v13 (the one my car came with) didn't, so my DVD hack was always done with wiring.

OK then, so is it possible to mix and match the disc info? By this I mean, can the software from V12 be used on the same disc as the maps from V14. You could then do the software hack and still have the most recent maps.

Ahhh, that's definitely the problem. v12 allowed the "soft" DVD hack whereas v13 (the one my car came with) didn't, so my DVD hack was always done with wiring.

OK then, so is it possible to mix and match the disc info? By this I mean, can the software from V12 be used on the same disc as the maps from V14. You could then do the software hack and still have the most recent maps.

Hey Bluey,

Yeh, its been done. I read the post on CL a while ago and Im trying to find it again.

Basically its exactly like you said.

The only thing that im not sure about is, other then the benefits of the DVD diag, are there any problems with the older version firmware. I know the differences on the surface, but is it buggy in any way. I got V14 , so I cant comment. Can someone with V12 tell us if you have had any issues!!

The only thing that im not sure about is, other then the benefits of the DVD diag, are there any problems with the older version firmware. I know the differences on the surface, but is it buggy in any way. I got V14 , so I cant comment. Can someone with V12 tell us if you have had any issues!!

I don't know if there's any bugs in v12, but I have heard that it's less functional in some ways. Like ProjectIS, I read about it on CL somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out of my history...

v14 came with my new IS250. I downloaded a torrent file for the toyota v14 and tried that in hope it was a slightly later version, however was identical.

I live in a new estate in perth, and the house has been here since late 2006 - but my street number does not exist on v14.

Search for Toyota_Nav_Australia on mininova - it is rared at about 2gig and extracts to about 5gig. So you will need a DL DVD to write it.

I now have a backup incase the original packs it in.

Any idea when a new version becomes available?

This page on Whereis shows that sales are suspended for some vehicles as version 15 is coming soon - but not for Lexus.

Whereis

Like you pygothian my house number isn't on v14 and I have been here for over 4 years. It also shows a roundabout where there are lights near my house (roundabout was replaced at least 4 years ago).

I now have V14 that I burnt onto a DL DVD-R, and appears to work, but haven't tried it out on the road. It just automatically did the firmware update and then came up at my home address. :P

I have attached 2 pictures showing the use of the extraction pins when removing the clock facia. You need to make sure they go all the way in, and then the face comes out very easily.

I hope it helps someone. I know cevu was concerned pushing or forcing the pins, not much force is needed as they just need to slide past the holding clips.

post-1882-1219296901_thumb.jpgpost-1882-1219296927_thumb.jpg

I now have V14 that I burnt onto a DL DVD-R, and appears to work, but haven't tried it out on the road. It just automatically did the firmware update and then came up at my home address. :P

You'll know it's worked properly (including the burning of the disc) when you can successfully conduct an address or POI search. I had a couple of false starts where that didn't work until I figured out how to burn the image I had (I used a Mac, and the UDF image was taken with nero for Windows).

I have attached 2 pictures showing the use of the extraction pins when removing the clock facia. You need to make sure they go all the way in, and then the face comes out very easily.

I hope it helps someone. I know cevu was concerned pushing or forcing the pins, not much force is needed as they just need to slide past the holding clips.

Nice ones. I might link to your post here in the Howto I put up last night.

You'll know it's worked properly (including the burning of the disc) when you can successfully conduct an address or POI search. I had a couple of false starts where that didn't work until I figured out how to burn the image I had (I used a Mac, and the UDF image was taken with nero for Windows).

Nice ones. I might link to your post here in the Howto I put up last night.

Good idea! The guy that did the pictures that I posted on removing the DVD used tooth picks to remove the facia. (Hence no pins in the photo's) Nice work Bluey! I removed mine earlier just to see how easy it was after I saw ya post! Im going to play with the image in the next day or two. Anyone got a version12 that they want me to look after for safe keeping!!

Can someone please tell me what is this thread talking about? I have read this everytime I visit here and it's been 3 times and still cannot figure what is going on. Sorry!

The most recent part of the conversation has been about getting version 12 of the navigation maps DVD and seeing if a merged copy can be made using the map data files from version 14 (the most recent release). Primarily, though, we're just talking about which version(s) of the maps DVDs we've tried in our cars, how they worked, and what functionality they did/didn't come with.

Can someone please tell me what is this thread talking about? I have read this everytime I visit here and it's been 3 times and still cannot figure what is going on. Sorry!

The most recent part of the conversation has been about getting version 12 of the navigation maps DVD and seeing if a merged copy can be made using the map data files from version 14 (the most recent release). Primarily, though, we're just talking about which version(s) of the maps DVDs we've tried in our cars, how they worked, and what functionality they did/didn't come with.

Hey guys,

From CL, I believe the later versions from 1.2 or 1.3 (I can't remember which) fix some reported bugs (in US) where the SatNav was jerky. I never noticed that when I had that version though. Since I've upgraded though, I can't do the DVD hack when driving thing. I'd like to somehow find a confirmed (working in Australia) way of getting it working whereby it is on an older version of software but with the later version of the maps, which would enable me to play DVD's whilst moving AND have the latest maps.

In case anyone is wondering how I could watch a DVD whilst driving, I have a ittle 4.5 year old and would love to be able to put on a DVD to entertain him whilst driving.

Hey guys,

From CL, I believe the later versions from 1.2 or 1.3 (I can't remember which) fix some reported bugs (in US) where the SatNav was jerky. I never noticed that when I had that version though. Since I've upgraded though, I can't do the DVD hack when driving thing. I'd like to somehow find a confirmed (working in Australia) way of getting it working whereby it is on an older version of software but with the later version of the maps, which would enable me to play DVD's whilst moving AND have the latest maps.

In case anyone is wondering how I could watch a DVD whilst driving, I have a ittle 4.5 year old and would love to be able to put on a DVD to entertain him whilst driving.

i found that to be the case too. when i changed from v12 to v14 the van hack no longer worked. projectis is currently working on it i think.