Transferring Phone Contacts To Car Phonebook

Just got my new 08 IS250 sports luxury - loving it!!! I have an iPhone 3G & a Nokia N95 - they both paired with the car seamlessly but I can't get my contacts transferred across from either phone.

1. iPhone 3G - I hit the screen button on the car to transfer the iPhone's contacts but nothing happens. Probably not surprising as the iPhone doesn't have any features (yet!!! When oh when Apple??? :angry: ) to 'push' its contacts, other than when you sync it with yr computer.

2. Nokia N95 - I hit the screen button on the car to transfer the N95's contacts, mark all the contacts on the phone & select to transfer them as business cards. The N95 generates the formats (while it does so, the car's screen says the bluetooth connection is lost), then the N95 allows me to reconnect to the car's handsfree & seems to try to transfer the business cards but then the Nokia says the transfer failed & it goes back to the phone's contact screen.

Anyone have any ideas/experiences/tips as to what I cld do here?

Just got my new 08 IS250 sports luxury - loving it!!! I have an iPhone 3G & a Nokia N95 - they both paired with the car seamlessly but I can't get my contacts transferred across from either phone.

1. iPhone 3G - I hit the screen button on the car to transfer the iPhone's contacts but nothing happens. Probably not surprising as the iPhone doesn't have any features (yet!!! When oh when Apple??? :angry: ) to 'push' its contacts, other than when you sync it with yr computer.

2. Nokia N95 - I hit the screen button on the car to transfer the N95's contacts, mark all the contacts on the phone & select to transfer them as business cards. The N95 generates the formats (while it does so, the car's screen says the bluetooth connection is lost), then the N95 allows me to reconnect to the car's handsfree & seems to try to transfer the business cards but then the Nokia says the transfer failed & it goes back to the phone's contact screen.

Anyone have any ideas/experiences/tips as to what I cld do here?

I was forced to manually enter in all my phonebook entries to the car. I had a Samsung phone as well as Blackberries and in both cases, you could only push a contact one at a time. The button presses involved with each push meant that I decided to enter in my entries manually.

PROBLEM RESOLVED!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wondered if it had anything to do with the no. of contacts I was trying to beam over. So I organised my contacts on the N95 into Groups & then just tried to beam 1 group across to a matching group I set up on the car...& it worked. So it looks like either the phone or the car can only handle so many contacts being beamed at 1 time. Now I'm off to beam the other groups across.

A further query for anyone reading this post...

I know you can set the keyboard for the Nav system to a QWERTY configuration (instead of the deafult ABC config. the car comes with. But this doesn't seem to change the keyboard layout for entering phone contact details or Group names; it's still the ABC config. Anyone come across how to change this to QWERTY config.?

• 7 years later...

Hi all,

I thought I'd give this a go, register my phone and transfer my phone book to the car. So the bluetooth connection is all good (registerd etc) when I try to transfer my phonebook by either my built-in contacts app or Bluetooth File Transfer App the message Bluetooth disconnected flashes on the screen. My Phone is HTC M9 and my car is IS250 '08 model.

Any ideas?

Cheers all.