I got a set of Lexus factory sensors installed in my Prestige (prior to pick up - was ex. demo), as part of my purchase. They have worked faultlessly for years - unlike stories you hear with "off the shelf" sets. See what your dealer charges for installation of the factory sensors - I think its about $500.

I've installed a set of genuine Lexus parking sensors on my IS prestige, and they are great. Only thing you need to know is they don't work with the onboard computer meaning you won't see any message on your dash, just beeps. The dealer told me they were $700 installed and colour coded to match the paint colour, but they didn't charge me anything as part of the deal. Thanks to the GFC :P They look exactly the same as the fatory fitted sensors and you can't see the difference in colour from the car's body paint. If you want to fit parking sensors, definitely go for the genuine Lexus ones.

I have the prestige with genuine Lexus parking sensors. I had the dealer installed them when I got the car.

They play up sometimes when outside temperate is below 20 degress. I'm waiting for my next service to get them looked at.

i got a quote from these guys (http://www.easyparkaustralia.com.au/shop-main/automotive-products/reverse-parking-sensors/axis-wired-4-sensor-parking-system-br/)

painted and installed for $385, what do you guys reckon?

Most kits are pretty cheap, but I'd ask about the brand/model they use to make sure it isn't a generic yumcha item that could fail down the track without spare part support. You don't want to find out that your sensors aren't made anymore and you can't find replacements that fit the existing drill holes! (Been there, done that..)

Also ask if there's any warranty against peeling/bubbling/cracking of the paint work on the sensors. I've seen painted units while walking through the shops with all of the aforementioned happening, I'd would have hated for that to happen to my old ones!

i got a quote from these guys (http://www.easyparkaustralia.com.au/shop-main/automotive-products/reverse-parking-sensors/axis-wired-4-sensor-parking-system-br/)

I remember I asked Lexus of Canberra and they quoted me around $700 or $900 (can't remember precisely) for the genuine Lexus ones painted and installed. Quite pricy compared to these ones. I also saw the sensor kit from Jcar, for around $100 to $200.

I'd hate to think of how many things I would run into without the reverse camera. The rear of the car is so damn high I can't tell what's behind me unless they are miles away.

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

I know this thread was posted quite some time ago but I'm just curious to know - what did you end up choosing in the end? The reason I ask is that I'm considering installing front & rear parking sensors but the Lexus branded sensors are $1700 installed (OUCH!!). Any recommendations for a cheaper but just as effective alternative?

Thanks,

I had a installed on my old C180 about a year age by an Asian guy with a distance display attached on the top of the mirror for $240 colour coded. It work pretty good. If you are interested I can give PM you his details.

• 6 years later...