What Are These Things On My 1999 Ls400?

No problems, but I'm just wondering about the following on my 1999 right hand drive LS400 from Singapore.

1. On the firewall, there is a unit that looks like a horn, but not a wind tone type. What might that be for? Someone said it was for the car alarm, or panic alarm, but they use the standard wind tone horns hanging from the cross bar in front of the radiator. Nor is it the alarm beep to let you know the car is locked or unlocked. That appears to come from behind the front wing.

2. Also hanging from the same bar, directly behind the left horn, is a box with 4 wires. Inside the box is a little foam air filter, and a small circular unit with a fine mesh. My first thought, before I checked inside, was possibly the outside air temperature sensor, but it isn't that!

3. Where is that air temperature sensor?

4. A small problem I just thought of. Each time the ignition is turned on, the driver's mirror housing moves outwards very slightly. After a number of times, I hit the folding button a couple of times, so the mirror starts folding in, then out again, and it always stops in the correct place. Is there any easy way of correcting this? It would seem unlikely to be an easy fix!

Many thanks, Keith