Ct200H

LEX51S

• 4 months later...

According to today's press release, pricing starts from $39,990 (+ delivery and statutory costs):

http://lexus.pressroom.com.au/press_release_detail.asp?clientID=3&prID=4312&navSectionID=2

While this is a great price for a Lexus, this will no doubt draw comparisons between the CT and the VW Golf (probably GTD) in popular press blogs ... despite the fact that they are very different vehicles with rather different market positioning.

According to today's press release, pricing starts from $39,990 (+ delivery and statutory costs):

http://lexus.pressroom.com.au/press_release_detail.asp?clientID=3&prID=4312&navSectionID=2

While this is a great price for a Lexus, this will no doubt draw comparisons between the CT and the VW Golf (probably GTD) in popular press blogs ... despite the fact that they are very different vehicles with rather different market positioning.

This is great price. Who could have predicted one can now buy a brand new lexus badge for 40K!!. Maybe I should downgrade to this....Just kidding!...:)

• 3 weeks later...

Canada's TV ad seems more on the money, even if the story of driving away with the wrong girl is almost identical to a recent Volvo ad.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of billboard space being used for the CT at Sydney Airport. To me, the ads remind me of Corolla ads but, hey, Corolla was Australia's #1 selling car for 2-3 years.

Lexus Australia has just updated their Website with full details of the CT, including body and trim colours, an image gallery and more. Yes, that stuff's been available on the Sydney City Lexus Website for a couple of weeks now, I know. But I guess we can finally say there's a new baby Lexus well and truly on sale now.

Your right there....its on sale now in a big way. Amazing the amount of people interested in this car.

The first one was actually sold as early as October last year!!!

There may soon be a delay on CT200h and some other models as production on all models has ceased in Japan due to the tragic recent events there. No certain date for production restarting yet.

I saw one on the road yesterday. Besides the 'Look At Me' DRL which is interupted by the HID headlights and fatty rear end, the front/side profile has a resemblance to the Corolla. There is a review on youtube and the 0-60MPH is clocked at 10.2s and that was in Performance Mode.