Melbourne F1 - Lexus Sponsor Ship - Did Anyone Get An Invite?

Blacky

Just wondering if anyone get an invite by Lexus Australia or their dealer?

Seeing as those who have purchased an ISF have purchased Lexus's only performance car below $700K and within the normal persons affordability and Lexus is a big sponsor of the F! we might have got an invite, NOT!

Myself, I didn't get an invite!

I even emailed Lexus to ask if they were inviting people and they couldn't even get back to me and got my Dealer to call me with a whole load of BS.

Just wondering if anyone, maybe a long term customer of Lexus got an invite?

Just wondering if anyone get an invite by Lexus Australia or their dealer?

Seeing as those who have purchased an ISF have purchased Lexus's only performance car below $700K and within the normal persons affordability and Lexus is a big sponsor of the F! we might have got an invite, NOT!

Myself, I didn't get an invite!

I even emailed Lexus to ask if they were inviting people and they couldn't even get back to me and got my Dealer to call me with a whole load of BS.

Just wondering if anyone, maybe a long term customer of Lexus got an invite?

Sad but true...buying an ISF doesn't make you an instant VIP. :)

Care to tell us the BS.?

Richie

Just the usual no answer i.e. I didn't even get a pass, no mention of if they actual had a corporate stand, really just deflect the question.

I guess this is what happens when companies like to make out they offer after sales services i.e. Encore Privileges but it is really only marketing BS.

If an ISF pruchase does not get a look in for a F1 ticket, who does?

In regards to being a VIP.

I am not really asking to be a VIP, what I am suggesting is if any of Lexus's customers are going to enjoy motor racing surely someone who purchased an ISF is going too.

In my case when filling out the Encore sheet, I specifically put down motor racing as an interest (nothing else).

sorry to say bud but i think your expecting abit too much

they are already doing a fantastic job with after sale support

Glad I'm not the only one thinking the same thing.

"Get over yourself" ran thru my mind. You bought a car not a subscription or membership.

The Ducati stand at the MotoGP at Phillip Island is full of Ducati owners, yes.....no free tickets though. Just the ability to buy a ticket to the stand is all ownership gets you.

"Get over yourself" ran thru my mind. You bought a car not a subscription or membership.

The Ducati stand at the MotoGP at Phillip Island is full of Ducati owners, yes.....no free tickets though. Just the ability to buy a ticket to the stand is all ownership gets you.

Interesting, you don't know me yet you feel compelled to make a personal comment on me!

However, reading some of your other posts there is a common theme there.

Interesting, you don't know me yet you feel compelled to make a personal comment on me!

rofl it seems so..

agent86 you should watch the way you talk

lets keep the forum a happy place

The below is taken directly from th Lexus Australia Website!

"The benefits of owning a Lexus extend beyond the pleasure of driving one. Upon purchase of a new Lexus, you will become a member of the Lexus Encore Privileges programme which offers a range of exclusive benefits for you to enjoy for the duration of your four year/100,000km warranty period (whichever occurs first)"

I think that clarifies I / we did buy a membership!

Hey Blacky, don't feel bad coz someone I know bought a LS460h and he didn't even get an invite to the GP (not that he was expecting/asking) so it's not that u missed out.

Sorry Blacky, not commenting on you personally, from your other posts you sound like a good guy.

Just the thought that maybe yiou were expecting a little too much. My point with the Ducati stand is that maybe Lexus could have a section that Lexus owners can buy tickets to. What do you gys think of that??

Something between what you were expecting and what we actually got.

ilv1004 happy to keep it a happy place. Its more a point of watching what you type than the way you talk though. Don't worry be happy as they say.

Sorry Blacky, not commenting on you personally, from your other posts you sound like a good guy.

Just the thought that maybe yiou were expecting a little too much. My point with the Ducati stand is that maybe Lexus could have a section that Lexus owners can buy tickets to. What do you gys think of that??

Something between what you were expecting and what we actually got.

ilv1004 happy to keep it a happy place. Its more a point of watching what you type than the way you talk though. Don't worry be happy as they say.

all good bud im just here to keep the forum nice and clean no E-warrior fights :D

Perhaps something all of us should think about when signing for the next new car?

Hard to predict which events Lexus will be sponsors of/partnered with in the future but horse racing (and possibly F1 for a couple of years??) seem like good bets. Only signing on the dotted with the inclusion of a day in the Lexus marquee at the next spring carnival might be just as appealing to some as a day at the F1 and possibly more realistic ;)

Perhaps something all of us should think about when signing for the next new car?

Hard to predict which events Lexus will be sponsors of/partnered with in the future but horse racing (and possibly F1 for a couple of years??) seem like good bets. Only signing on the dotted with the inclusion of a day in the Lexus marquee at the next spring carnival might be just as appealing to some as a day at the F1 and possibly more realistic ;)

That's not a bad idea.

I actually kind of did this, while signing for the car with the sales closer guy (title I forgot) and knowing that there were rumors of Lexus and F1, I said I would like a seat in their corporate box if they have one.

A lot of good that did me LOL

All this discussion and not one person who got a ticket, so am guess Lexus kept the excitement to themselves.

I can think of at least three classes of people who may have got tickets (and probably don't participate in this forum):

- Those who own/owned multiple Lexuses (I went to a Lexus do once where some guy had just bought his tenth - or was it eleventh?)

- Those who have purchased an LS 460 or LS 600hL

- The eight Australian LF-A buyers

It's a pity Lexus didn't take note of Blacky's preferences in his Encore membership, though. I'm not sure how many LS owners would have enjoyed the F1 more than IS F owners.

Edited by Lexus Nerd

hello fellow lexus owners. The VIP club at lexus is very hard to get into. It's for customers who spend "alot" of $$$$$$, top execs from Aust top 50 companies, Lexus/Toyota big wigs here and overseas and for celebs. I know people who are very high up at Toyota, they got tickets to enter the Lexus marquee on melbourne cup day, this came about because alot of VIPs couldn't attend. I don't think that dealers even get a look in. thats my 2 cents.....

hello fellow lexus owners. The VIP club at lexus is very hard to get into. It's for customers who spend "alot" of $$$$$$, top execs from Aust top 50 companies, Lexus/Toyota big wigs here and overseas and for celebs. I know people who are very high up at Toyota, they got tickets to enter the Lexus marquee on melbourne cup day, this came about because alot of VIPs couldn't attend. I don't think that dealers even get a look in. thats my 2 cents.....

Thanks for that insight into the ways of the Lexus VIP invite list, so I guess not many everyday customers got an invite then.

In their mind I guess there is method to their madness but for me it is not so good.

At least the post got a few comments in the ISF part of the forum LOL

Thanks for that insight into the ways of the Lexus VIP invite list, so I guess not many everyday customers got an invite then.

In their mind I guess there is method to their madness but for me it is not so good.

At least the post got a few comments in the ISF part of the forum LOL

Blacky I can give some insight here.

The F1 was a marketing tool for the CT200h....not a customer event. As a marketing tool for the CT200h some FMO's(Fleet management) where there to see the car. Most of them don't drive Lexus themselves but sell plenty of them.

It was also the first look at the LF-A for those that have a LARGE deposit down and are waiting for one. We're only talking a handful of people. I know one of these people personally and spoke to him after he was in the LF-A..."blown away" was his comment.

Kay8 there was no customer VIP invite list for this event.

As for F1 next year??

I don't think Lexus will be there next year... a certain new Toyota sports car may fill the celebrity race next year.

• 2 weeks later...

"Kay8 there was no customer VIP invite list for this event".

Sorry if i gave you the wrong impresion, i didn't say that lexus had a VIP list for the GP event, i was only explaining that it's very hard to get an invite to Lexus events.