New Car, New Forum Membership :)

Courtney

Hello,

I picked up an IS300 over the weekend. I am after the standard radio unit if anyone has one? Preferably with the CD deck working, although, most of them seem to be quite unreliable... Either way, working or not, please message me. I will be hunting through the for sale thread shortly too.

Hello,

I picked up an IS300 over the weekend. I am after the standard radio unit if anyone has one? Preferably with the CD deck working, although, most of them seem to be quite unreliable... Either way, working or not, please message me. I will be hunting through the for sale thread shortly too.

hi Courtney,

firstly welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase. Is it your first lexus?

I may have my old IS200 head unit but i cant remember if i boxed it up or threw it out. i will have to check. Your not interested in going aftermarket? there are some good players and deals out there?

Either way ill have to get back to you whether or not i still have it. also i will have to check that it has the same connections as mine came out of a 200 and yours is a 300.

regards

Chris.

Thanks for that Chris. Yep, first Lexus, first 2j (very excited about that part). It already has a Pioneer dvd player in it, but the screen pops out and covers the a/c panel. I'm praying they haven't tampered with the wiring too much. Everything else on the car is stock and I want to keep it that way for now. At worst, I will just put the dvd player back in. Let me know! cheers.

Nice work lexus is awesome no matter the model. You wont be disapointed.

To be honest. Its pretty hard to put in an aftermarket without cutting the wires to the oem amp and bypassing it. If you want to investigate pull apart your glove box and look behind it and the lh panel on side under glove box. Thats where the amp is. You will probably find cables tapped into and cut.

You would be better off getting another pioneer head unit installed. (imo). Ill still have a look for you for the head oem one though.