• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mrbbqwer

can you share that review at all on the forum?

sounds real interesting.

It was in the MOTOR mags, last month issue or the month before I think, mrbbqwer can confirm, you probably can still buy it from the news agent.

What was the verdict mrbbqwer?

Can you scan and upload the conclusions?

From memory, BMW 335i M sport is still a better driver car out of the lot but NOT 40-50k better according to the reviewer.

IS350 is almost as good as the 335i but lack refinement in the handling area which the 335i shine (not that the ISx50 are bad, but the 3 series are just better). It beat/match 335i 0-100km sprint but a fraction slower after that. Equipment wise, we all know they both pretty good considering the price you pay for these cars, but obviously BMW will make you pay for all the extra whereas LEXUS are pretty much all standard. However, you can customise your 335i more than the IS350, BMW just have lot more interior/exterior options to pick, eg. all IS350 F-Sport only come in black interior. It was picked as the car to get out of the 3 cars.

Volvo...well is a volvo, what more you need to know???

Thanks for the offer MrBBQWER but that is ok. I have made up my mind and reading comparisons might unmake my mind haha!! I have been going backwards and forwards between the RX350 for the extra room and the IS250/350 for the awesomeness of the car for about 5 months now.

I think I am ready to get out of the Soccer Mum group and trade the SUV!!

just picked up our IS350 today

all i can say that im happy that my mum is in a lexus

and we chose to go for the sunroof option as it will help the resale values later on

Performance wise

compared to my isf the is350 feels similar on light throttle (effortless)though comapred to the is250 the extra litre almost feels like extra 2 more cylinders.

very smooth power delivery though i havent fully given the car yet (still new)

i can tell you guys this car builds up speed so smooth and quickly you better watch the speedo.

If your a rev head like me

then dont get the 250 I repeat DONT GET IT!!

you will regret it

i will write up a full review of 3 modles

IS250/350/F on the forums soon

That was a great read, thanks.

I have one more question about the IS. How is it for visibility and blind spots? Is it hard to see out the back or out the back seat windows?

It is a little hard to really test visibility as where we get taken for test drives is an industrial area with no lanes for overtaking or really getting a good look around for other vehicles etc. I will take it on the freeway and have a good play (I hope) but just wanted to know if there was anything in particular I should check while doing the test drive.

I would love to be able to have it for a few hours to just test all my concerns without feeling the pressure to get back to the dealership or that I am taking too long on the test drive ya know! It's a big investment to make after only driving it for 10 or 15 minutes.

Thanks.

I cant find any blind spots from my car.

1. side mirrors is great, it has an extra angle to look at ( crap , i dont know how to explain ). 1/4 from the mirror be able to see blind spot

2. back seat windows no problem at all.

3. you got reversing camera as well, some say you can hack the software, then reverse camera stay ON all the time. this would kill all the blind spot :lol:

Does anyone agreed with the reviewer that the Lexus dash/centre console looks dated compare to the BMW/Volvo?

Nah, I don't agree at all. The BMW dash looked dated back in 2005 when the car came out! It's horrible.

Dunno about Ovlov, I woudln't even bother looking at one.

I think the IS dash looks great.

Finally got the car yesterday and also have venture shield for the bonnet, front bumpers, headlights, fog lights and side mirror. Then put on rim skin for the wheel to prevent scraping. Overall happy with the car except when they did the tinting someone forget to put the cable back so my passenger side door can be open from inside but will sort this out in the service centre soon and no biggie. Anyway here my car.

post-4888-0-97960400-1302599875_thumb.jp

Well we drove the 350 today and loved it!!!

Only problem is they won't negotiate the price unfortunately :( they will give us a couple of grand off and that's it for the one they have in stock which isn't 100% what we want and if we order one it is full rrp!

Guess we wait now or else go with an interstate dealership!

Does anyone agreed with the reviewer that the Lexus dash/centre console looks dated compare to the BMW/Volvo?

Nah, I don't agree at all. The BMW dash looked dated back in 2005 when the car came out! It's horrible.

Dunno about Ovlov, I woudln't even bother looking at one.

I think the IS dash looks great.

I sat in my my friend's new 3 series BMW.. I thought the dash looked like it belonged in the 80's and all that orange glow was terrible.

The IS dash in comparison looks great .. more futuristic especially when coupled with the EMV.