I've found this forum to be a great source of information.

And as a 1st-time owner of a Lexus, I've found the responses, advice and views of more "senior" members very helpful.

BTW, buying the IS250 SL has been the best use of my kids' inheritance so far - Love that car!!! And a big thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge and experience so freely - so please keep it coming !!

I'm sure dislexsic's original post was with good intents to spice up the forum. I remember over a year ago when I was lurking around in the background for info before I bought my Lexus, there was hardly any activities on here. I recalled the most active forum was more to do with the upcoming Formula1 races than Lexus itself..LOLS. This place has certainly come alive now with new IS/CT owners.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to vent so bear with me guys, please.

I love this forum as there are some great people on here and it's great seeing the exchange of knowledge. The forum is expanding and some great new members getting on board as can be seen by the size of the last meet....not happy I couldn't get there.

However I feel that we a being taken for a ride by a small number of people that sign up and on there first post start their own thread "Hey whats the cheapest price" etc. Only never to post up again.

Examples:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10026&st=15

This thread was started by wb.47... 6 posts in one day about price later...he hasn't been back since. Are you guys cool with this?

In the same thread thegismo asked for a copy of someone's sales contract. This on its own is alarming. Nobody has met him at a meet, or knows anything about him. He asks for a sales contract containg someones address & personal info...his only 4 posts ever were in this thread and were about trying to get the confidential details of someones purchase. Are you guys cool with this?

I didn't ended up buying an IS350, because the price is out of my reach. What can I contribue? I don't own an IS250 or IS350, I have an old IS300.

I'm sorry if this is irritating to you but there is nothing I can contribue to the IS250/350 thread.