Now Thats The Reason Why I Went With Lexus Of Chatswood!

About 2 weeks ago, I made a stupid decision to wash my car in direct sunlight (Rookie mistake.. I know). At the end of the wash, water droplets had baked onto the paint work & glass. No matter what I did, I couldnt get rid of these stains. Looked completely horrible and was cursing like there was no tomorrow. I drove to the lexus service centre the next day and showed them the problem. They quoted me $180 for an exterior detailing which I agreed to.

So this morning I dropped my car off and took loan of the IS250 (Not liking to gloat or anything, but I prefer my ISF:)).. I also asked them to fix the vibration sound that was coming from the rear interior. I had to go for a quick drive with the mechanic to show them where the sound was coming from.

So, I picked the car up this afternoon and as I was about to take my credit card out to pay, he said dont worry.. we'll take care of it:).. Top notch customer service. They detailed the car (which was the result of an error on my part) and also fixed the vibrating sound. One happy customer here:)

I think this is the reason why over the past 10 years, I've purchased 3 new lexus cars (IS200, RX330 & now ISF) from the chatswood dealership. I'm sure other dealers would give the same service, but to me I guess they got me for life:)

hey awsome service

chatswood is also our home dealer

RX350/IS350 was bought there and customer service there is good

but u do get the dirty loan cars on occasion

ask for the RX350 next time

Hey guys,

Just thought Id add my 2c worth ,

I live in Western Sydney, And after the service Ive got at Chatswood, i cant imagine taking my ISF anywhere else, They are prompt and the service is second to none, They guys in sales are great and really know there stuff.

I have been to another dealer in Sydney back when i was looking for a ISF and one salesman told me it had a 11 litre engine, an used only 5 litres per hundred kms.

And that the 8 speed transmission gave the car more power, and here i was thinking only a flux capacitor could do that ..lol.

True what your saying, sometime the loan cars are dirty , Ive only ever had one that was,a RX350, (which my partner and I were considering buying one, so it gave another thing to think bout when we came to wash it ..)

But over all, I cant fault the service there , in fact I told a mate who is national sales manager for a large light globe company bout it and they are adopting ideas to suit there business.

Regards

Richie

Richie

I was in the same situation as youself. I didnt really get the best service from one of the other sydney dealers. When I had my IS200, I wanted to testdrive a IS300. I told him that I wasnt ready to purchase the car that day. So he wouldnt let me go on a test drive. I went to the chatswood dealership and they were extremely happy for me to take the IS300 for a spin..

I guess with the chatswood dealership, they are are more about retaining the long term relationship as opposed to a $180 detailing cost:)

It's always refreshing to hear a story about good service - far too rare these days!

A couple of years ago I wiped out the rear-vision mirror on my Mercedes (don't ask!) I went to Westpoint Star in Osborne Park and ask for a price for a new mirror assembly. The guy asked me if I still had the bits - I did - then disappeared with my car for half an hour. They somehow managed to completely reassemble the mirror, fixed the broken wiring etc, and it looked like new. No charge!

• 3 months later...

I get the impression Lexus choose their dealers carefully. I have just purchased an ISF. So fare from the dealer in Newcastle I have, 2xRX350's, is300 and now the awesome ISF. An business could take lessons from them on customer service. The local merc dealer has cheap non merc loan cars, if you can get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus Australia's training & constant dealers audits ensure a high standard across the dealer network.

It great to hear good stories like that.

What's even better to hear is ISF_Starlight_Black mention his customer loyalty to the dealership that has looked after him.

Richie whoever told you about an 11 litre engine must have come from selling trucks. :lol:

Lexus Australia's training & constant dealers audits ensure a high standard across the dealer network.

It great to hear good stories like that.

What's even better to hear is ISF_Starlight_Black mention his customer loyalty to the dealership that has looked after him.

Richie whoever told you about an 11 litre engine must have come from selling trucks. :lol:

the ISf does take around 10L's of engine oil though lol

i LOVE lexus

ok i dont have an IS-F

but i thought i'd add my bit

as im only 18, i immediatly thought that when i took our IS250 in for a service, they would be quick and try to rush things

but no, they listen to all the things i wanted them to have a look at and treated me like i was an older person, my family have bought a few cars from Chatswood lexus aswell

now, its totally different at other dealerships

i went with my friend to give his VE SV6 in for a service and they were horrible (this place also damaged his 20's and would not take responsibility even though they were perfectly fine before and he only put em on 2 weeks before the service)

and also apparently they crashed a customers SSV wagon while it was in for service!

but even with the more expensive cars, like Audi, i took my mates Audi A3 3.2 in for a service and was even worse than holden (i mean WTF! c'mon audi!)

so im really happy with lexus and how they treat their customers, i know that i'll be keeping with lexus for a good while!

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first service and retro fitted my new flat bottom wheel through Lexus Chatswood.

They were awesome, great service and went out of there way to help out with the ISF.

Retro fitted the flat bottom wheel which inc the airbag and control swap free of charge.

Drove out of there very happy with my comp chocs :) - thanks Sid, Scotty and Chris.

awsome yeah cid and scotty and chris thjey are awsome guys

mikey you coming to the dyno day?

iv organized a dyno day with chatswood lexus and our community

Hey Dude,

I'd love to come to the Lex dyno day also but only if the date is moved - I'm O/S that week of Nov ... keep me posted if it changes please.

Had the car on the Dyno yesterday with some of the old VAG crew

lex22.JPG

dyno.JPG

More pics here

Dyno Day Pics

All Results from the day

Most of the Golfs & Audi’s were modded

Results

Paolo - Mk5 GTI (pirelli?): 180.3 - 183.2

Mark - Golf R: 171.7 - 172.6

John W - Golf R: 210.4 - 209.1

Chris - Mk6 GTI: 162.1 - 166.8

Nat - Mk6 GTI: 163.2 - 164.0

Christina - Mk5 R32: 143.4 - 141.4

David - Audi TTS: 171.0 - 177.7

Tendy - Scirocco R: 198.2 - 191.3

Rob - Mk6 GTI: 147.9 - 147.6

Anthony - Mk6 Golf wagon: 216.2 - 211.8

Ben - Golf R: 177.2 - 180.9

Joe - Toyota Cressida: 142.1 - 138.8

Derek - Audi S3: 188.6 - 188.9

John - Golf R: 163.4 - 163.7

Michael - Golf R: 200.8 - 201.8

Todd - Mk5 GTI: 155.1 - 156.1

Chris - R8 Sypder: 303.9 - 307.5

Ray - Audi A3T: 93.3 - 93.9

Nathan - Audi S3: 161.8 - 162.9

Stephen - Golf R: 176.7 - 173.1

Mike - Lexus ISF: 223.3 - 227.0

Kish - Mk5 Jetta: 127.1 - 130.0

Vince - Skoda Octavia (RS?) - 151.7 - 154.3

Agim - Mk6 GTI: 164.2 - 164.5

Miles - Mk5 GTI: 149.3 - 147.6

Mark - Mk6 GTI: 151.9 - 154.0

Raph - Audi A3 (8P): 125.8 - 129.6

Peter - Passat CC (Diesel): 108.3

Jorge - Audi Q5: 126.0 - 126.8

John - Audi S2: 131.9 - 144.5

Pierre - Audi S3: 191.6 - 187.3

Patrick - Mk5 Jetta: 147.8 - 148.8

Matt - Mazda MX6: 216.1 - 215.2

Lora - Polo GTI: 139.3 - 136.0

Bruno - Golf R: 187.0 - 180.3

Ben - Audi S5: 177.5 - 182.6

Had my first service and retro fitted my new flat bottom wheel through Lexus Chatswood.

They were awesome, great service and went out of there way to help out with the ISF.

Retro fitted the flat bottom wheel which inc the airbag and control swap free of charge.

Drove out of there very happy with my comp chocs :) - thanks Sid, Scotty and Chris.

Hi Mike. I was also contemplating getting the flat bottom wheel. Did you buy this from sewell lexus in the US? How much did you pay including shipping? Was it essentially a straight swap? No problems with the change over?

Can you post some pics of the flat bottom wheel installed in your car.

awsome yeah cid and scotty and chris thjey are awsome guys

mikey you coming to the dyno day?

iv organized a dyno day with chatswood lexus and our community

Hey Dude,

I'd love to come to the Lex dyno day also but only if the date is moved - I'm O/S that week of Nov ... keep me posted if it changes please.

Had the car on the Dyno yesterday with some of the old VAG crew

lex22.JPG

dyno.JPG

More pics here

Dyno Day Pics

All Results from the day

Most of the Golfs & Audi’s were modded

Results

Paolo - Mk5 GTI (pirelli?): 180.3 - 183.2

Mark - Golf R: 171.7 - 172.6

John W - Golf R: 210.4 - 209.1

Chris - Mk6 GTI: 162.1 - 166.8

Nat - Mk6 GTI: 163.2 - 164.0

Christina - Mk5 R32: 143.4 - 141.4

David - Audi TTS: 171.0 - 177.7

Tendy - Scirocco R: 198.2 - 191.3

Rob - Mk6 GTI: 147.9 - 147.6

Anthony - Mk6 Golf wagon: 216.2 - 211.8

Ben - Golf R: 177.2 - 180.9

Joe - Toyota Cressida: 142.1 - 138.8

Derek - Audi S3: 188.6 - 188.9

John - Golf R: 163.4 - 163.7

Michael - Golf R: 200.8 - 201.8

Todd - Mk5 GTI: 155.1 - 156.1

Chris - R8 Sypder: 303.9 - 307.5

Ray - Audi A3T: 93.3 - 93.9

Nathan - Audi S3: 161.8 - 162.9

Stephen - Golf R: 176.7 - 173.1

Mike - Lexus ISF: 223.3 - 227.0

Kish - Mk5 Jetta: 127.1 - 130.0

Vince - Skoda Octavia (RS?) - 151.7 - 154.3

Agim - Mk6 GTI: 164.2 - 164.5

Miles - Mk5 GTI: 149.3 - 147.6

Mark - Mk6 GTI: 151.9 - 154.0

Raph - Audi A3 (8P): 125.8 - 129.6

Peter - Passat CC (Diesel): 108.3

Jorge - Audi Q5: 126.0 - 126.8

John - Audi S2: 131.9 - 144.5

Pierre - Audi S3: 191.6 - 187.3

Patrick - Mk5 Jetta: 147.8 - 148.8

Matt - Mazda MX6: 216.1 - 215.2

Lora - Polo GTI: 139.3 - 136.0

Bruno - Golf R: 187.0 - 180.3

Ben - Audi S5: 177.5 - 182.6

seems abit low for an isf

i got 253kwatw

Hi Mike. I was also contemplating getting the flat bottom wheel. Did you buy this from sewell lexus in the US? How much did you pay including shipping? Was it essentially a straight swap? No problems with the change over?

Can you post some pics of the flat bottom wheel installed in your car.

No mate got it from Lextuners they were having it on sale - landed it was $630 Aus and shipped within 4 days - was very impressed with the service. Looks and feels great. Chatswood didn't have any probs at all - Chris was done in under 20mins.

http://www.lextuners.com/lexus-interior-accessories-is.html

seems abit low for an isf

i got 253kwatw

Initially I thought so also but all dynos are different and depends on temp & which gear the car is dynoed etc - RS4's and V8 R8 were getting around the 200 - 212 mark so it seems relative.

Would need to run ISF's side by side same day same dyno to compare figures ... Hence I hope they move that Dyno day as I'd really like to come :)

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, just a quick question, who would be your preferred guy (or gal) when you need to sort things out at lexus of chatswood? At the moment, im a bit disappointed with the person that im currently dealing with =(

you can dm me instead of replying directly to my post here.

thanks a lot guys for your help, really appreciate it

cheers

Hey summer,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment of the Chatswood team, but Ive always found if Im not happy with service anywhere, a quick chat with the man in charge often fixes things,.

Sid is very down to earth and will listen to your concerns,and will be sure to follow it up so that your happy.

Hope this helps you be extra happy with the Chatswood team .!