Removing Hid

My car has HID fitted on it and I just want to know if I want to switch back to using halogen bulbs, can I just buy the halogen bulbs and replaced the HID?

My car has HID fitted on it and I just want to know if I want to switch back to using halogen bulbs, can I just buy the halogen bulbs and replaced the HID?

If you have is200 head lights, (orange strip where indicator is) as opposed to is300 head lights then yes you should be able to. If there is an after market HID basalt in your car you will probably have to remove that first and buy the original bulbs to replace your current ones.

I am curious though, why do you want to switch back to standard bulbs?

Btw, I am on the coast as well :)

If you have is200 head lights, (orange strip where indicator is) as opposed to is300 head lights then yes you should be able to. If there is an after market HID basalt in your car you will probably have to remove that first and buy the original bulbs to replace your current ones.

I do have an after market HID with ballast fitted by the previous owner and because I don't really want to attract attention so I would rather change it to the normal halogen. If not I might see if I can change it to a less bright HID. I am not sure if my lights are at 4.3k or 6k.

Where about are you on the coast?

I do have an after market HID with ballast fitted by the previous owner and because I don't really want to attract attention so I would rather change it to the normal halogen. If not I might see if I can change it to a less bright HID. I am not sure if my lights are at 4.3k or 6k.

Ah I see, do you have any pictures of you car?

I am close to Dreamworld.

Ah I see, do you have any pictures of you car?

I am close to Dreamworld.

I am at Arundel by the way. Don't really have any image yet cos haven have the chance to take. Can I just change to a less brighter hid and avoid attention?

I am at Arundel by the way. Don't really have any image yet cos haven have the chance to take. Can I just change to a less brighter hid and avoid attention?

Ah cool, we should cruise some time ;)

Changing to a less brighter hid would change the temperature/colour of the light (I think?), you could just adjust your lights so they don't beam too high.

Get your car on a flat surface close to a wall, turn your head lights on, get some sockets and a wrench (I think 8mm can't remember) and start turning the knobs on the back of the head lights for the low beams. Lower enough so that they don't blind on coming traffic and you will have less attention.

Or, you could buy OEM bulbs, but I'm not sure what type they are as I have an IS300, either 9006 or 6009 lol, you should probably do a search on that.

i had HID's in my IS200 and no matter what i did because of the intensity of the light no matter how low i put them they would still spray light everywhere.

i found a solution though that made everyone happy (ie on coming traffic, myself and ppl i followed) it was head light eye lids / eyebrows. they didnt interupt the light Beam but prevented annoying spray of the light.

lexus-rs200-is200-is300-headlight-eyebrows-9e0cc.jpg

P8160111.jpg

worth a try. HID light is awesome compared to halogen.

i had HID's in my IS200 and no matter what i did because of the intensity of the light no matter how low i put them they would still spray light everywhere.

i found a solution though that made everyone happy (ie on coming traffic, myself and ppl i followed) it was head light eye lids / eyebrows. they didnt interupt the light Beam but prevented annoying spray of the light.

lexus-rs200-is200-is300-headlight-eyebrows-9e0cc.jpg

P8160111.jpg

worth a try. HID light is awesome compared to halogen.

i might give it a try. how much did you buy the eye lid for? hopefully i won't be busted by the cops anytime soon.

they were off ebay. there are different types for different prices.

are you a p plater? if not the cops generally wouldnt hassle a lexus over something like that

hey LEX51S, do u have any image of how your hid lights are shining during the night time. I just want to see how the eyelids are working.