Remote Window/sunroof Operation

Hey guys,

We have a 2003 RX330 (Sports Luxury). Recently I was flicking through the owner's manual and I came across the section on opening the windows/sunroof (from outside the vehicle) using the master key. For those of you who don't already know about this function, it allows you to open the windows and sunroof from outside the vehicle by pressing and holding down the unlock button on the master key. The owner's manual clearly says that by doing this, the windows and sunroof will open until the button is released, but for some reason, my sunroof will not open. The windows go down as they should, but the sunroof remains inactive. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to reset this function without having to go to the dealership. Another frustrating thing about the sunroof in our RX is that you have to hold the sunroof slide and tilt control switches rather than simply pressing them once and the sunroof automatically opening or tilting. I know that other RX's have one touch controls as our friends have the same model, same year and theirs works like a charm. If anyone has experienced similar issues, PLEASE tell me how you fixed it!

in some models the remote moon roof trick was disabled as default and had to be changed to "on" by the dealer by request.

I believe this was changed due to a court case that lexus had where they had to replace a ladies car due to her sitting in her lounge room during a torrential storm and her key in her pocket opened her car and filled up her car with rain.

• 2 weeks later...

My 07 RX350 actually did open all windows AND sunroof via the remote.

However I asked the dealer to reprogram it so only the windows open. Too much of a hassle to close everything after a few minutes!

Wasn't able to set it so that only the front windows opened.

I'm curious to know whether you were able to change the way the tilt and slide switches worked?

thanks

S

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Later models of Lexus can also be done through an app (Carista).  However they tend to be expensive (but cheaper than the Lexus dealer ship) for 1 month access ($15 if I remember correctly).  I am not affiliated with them in any way, but just from my experience.  They don't support the 2nd Gen's due to the bus type used in that generation of RX.  You will need a bluetooth obdII connector.  Once connected I could change a bunch of settings in my 2011 RX350 (some of these were options that could be changed through the dash menu).