This Happen To Anyone In Their 'f' Before?

I was at the lights and some guy in his (what looked like a hotted up Lancer) revved his engine wanting a race.

I thought why not.. Never had this happen to me before and wanted to experience what it felt like once in my life. Placed the transmission in 'M' mode and switched to Sports mode. At the green light, I floored the accelarator pedal and within a few seconds his car was in the rear view mirror:). He wanted to take it further, but that was enough for me.. I had nothing else to prove.

With all this commotion, I total forgot to shift to 2nd gear. So majority of my win was done in first gear. I then changed into 2nd gear when I realised I was at redline and the shift indicator was red.

BTW, do you guys know what it would do to the engine/transmission, if you left the gear in 1st and redline for a few seconds.. you think it would do anything detrimental to the engine/transmission?

Lol suprised that you actually bothered to race a lancer even a evo wont come close to our F's

as for your question the rev limit is there to prevent engine from over reving and blowing up

so few seconds is okay i do it all the time.

but if you rev it's guts out for more than 5-10 your engine will give up

Yeah, why would you bother? It probably made the dude in the lancer think his POS is worthy a drag from an IS-F...

A Lexus mechanic told me a while ago they red lined a lexus V8 for a long time (can't remember how many minutes or hours) bfore it sh@t itself. Brief squirt like that will do no damage to it.

Lol suprised that you actually bothered to race a lancer even a evo wont come close to our F's

as for your question the rev limit is there to prevent engine from over reving and blowing up

so few seconds is okay i do it all the time.

but if you rev it's guts out for more than 5-10 your engine will give up

haha yeah.. i know.. it was just a fun thing to do.

i didnt redline in first gear for that long.. it just sounds bad when you redline though..

I was at the lights and some guy in his (what looked like a hotted up Lancer) revved his engine wanting a race.

I thought why not.. Never had this happen to me before and wanted to experience what it felt like once in my life. Placed the transmission in 'M' mode and switched to Sports mode. At the green light, I floored the accelarator pedal and within a few seconds his car was in the rear view mirror:). He wanted to take it further, but that was enough for me.. I had nothing else to prove.

With all this commotion, I total forgot to shift to 2nd gear. So majority of my win was done in first gear. I then changed into 2nd gear when I realised I was at redline and the shift indicator was red.

BTW, do you guys know what it would do to the engine/transmission, if you left the gear in 1st and redline for a few seconds.. you think it would do anything detrimental to the engine/transmission?

These encounters happens to me all the time. Even had cops take the jump at the lights, but ofcourse I conceded.

I am surprised how well the isf fares against c63s ,clk63s hsvs etc, for me they are the more memorable encounters for the traffic light grand prix. (Friendly encounters up to the speed limit of course.) The isf can launch very favourably against these cars. Against these faster cars, it is important to focus on shifting up when the beep sounds.

Other than that, had quite a few golf gtis, utes,etc spin their tires at the lights, and some other cars going half way through a red light to get a head start. Quite unbelievable how aggressive some drivers are when youre not racing them but they think you are!

• 3 weeks later...

did u somehow accidently have P plates on your car, hahahahaha

i swear i see so many lancer with cannons and altezza style lights, some people would think they come stock like that...