Rx330 Servicing Alternatives

Hi I'm in Perth.

My RX330 is getting quite along to about 6 years now. Was wondering if still worth while getting Lexus to service it or can someone recommend a mechanic that can do the equivalent job at a lower price.

What brought this on was a recent tyre change... 225/65 R17 Lexus quoted $850 for 2 tyres + balancing. A quick ring around got me $570 Bridgestone equivalents with free balancing.

Any thoughts?

The RX, nice as it is, is basically a Toyota. Regular mechanical servicing could be done by any Toyota dealer or competent independent. I take mine to Del's in North Perth. Good service, honest and reasonable price.

If you take it to Lexus you're paying a lot extra for the flash premises, loan car and cappuccino.

<br />The RX, nice as it is, is basically a Toyota. Regular mechanical servicing could be done by any Toyota dealer or competent independent. I take mine to Del's in North Perth. Good service, honest and reasonable price.<br /><br />If you take it to Lexus you're paying a lot extra for the flash premises, loan car and cappuccino.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

thanks.. appreciate the feedback and the recommendation! Will be looking up Del's.

• 3 months later...
<br />The RX, nice as it is, is basically a Toyota. Regular mechanical servicing could be done by any Toyota dealer or competent independent. I take mine to Del's in North Perth. Good service, honest and reasonable price.<br /><br />If you take it to Lexus you're paying a lot extra for the flash premises, loan car and cappuccino.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

thanks.. appreciate the feedback and the recommendation! Will be looking up Del's.

Tks for sharing that

info i was going to ask the same question ... will check out Dels as well... How much are they charging for a reg service?

• 8 months later...

Well i went to Dells in North Perth and he was as you said very honest and i felt extreamly comfortable entrusting my Lexus to him. He was about 50% of the price quoted by lexus and changed the timing belt and did major service.

have no hesitation recomending Dels and will be taking our Rx330 back there later this month for 6 month service.

G'day Chris - glad you had a good experience at Del's.

Last time I was in there he was talking to a little old lady who was worried about something on her car. I don't know what the problem was but I heard him say "...I can fix it for you but it's pretty expensive. For the amount of kilometres you cover it's not going to cause a problem. You should save the money". Very refreshing attitude.

As I said before, you don't get a customer lounge or free coffee or a loan car. In fact the place looks pretty down market. But you do get honest, competent service at a very fair price.