Things To No Befor Bying A Is200/is300

hey just after a list of thing to no like what to look for how much is to much and what are some common problems thanks

hey just after a list of thing to no like what to look for how much is to much and what are some common problems thanks

Lexus build quality is superb! Not really much to look out for, just make sure you do a check as you would with any used car. If you do a google search I'm sure you'd come up with something, I believe it had something to do with bushings being worn.

Let us know how you go!

there are a small number of known problems with the is200:

lower front ball joints - check for freeplay/ clicks etc (well known issue)

corrosion on wheels

engine mounts - generally car that has been driven hard

clutch - dual mass setup - expensive to replace! if pickup right at top of pedal, its due for a new one!

1g motor prone to throwing rods if abused / not serviced etc

3rd gear whine (should have been fixed under warranty but there may be some out there that were missed)

cd player (error 3)

that should be most of them - not much really.

T

is300 auto only in aus & costs a lot more than is200. engine is good, bigger diff. still has same issue with ball joints.

ball joints are piss esey im a mechanic so that nothign to reli worrie about but the 1g thorwing rods is if u enjoy =/

but yeah i notest the large spet in price from the 200 to the 300 may aswell try get a rolling shell and go from there

• 1 month later...