How Many Is-F's In Australia

Epicurean

Hey looks like I was close on the number of cars sold!!

Would love to see your IS F up close Mike but I'm in Melbourne! When you say you had to "roll the guards" what does that mean?

If you run your fingers under the rear guard you would notice a lip that takes up a good 10mm. Because I have increased my wheel offsets and width, means that my tyres rubbed against this lip. In Sydney we have a reliable professional mobile guard roller that uses 2 devices that lock on to your wheel hub and roll these lips which gives you that extra clearance to avoid rubbing. He also uses a heat gun to ensure the paint does not bubble or peel. Cost was $65 per corner.

Hope that helps mate - you may be able to get someone in Melb but make sure you get a reference from someone who has used them

Sydney Guard Rolling

• 4 years later...
On 26/7/2011 at 6:45 AM, Epicurean said:

I agree. Subtle enough to be luxury. Loud and fast when you want.

I have a pearl white one. Just bought plates ISF 50L. Have to be happy with that.

Old thread i know but had to laugh when i saw your plate ISF 50L.  Actually makes sense given whenever i tell someone i have an ISF, they all get confused with the IS250, 350, F Sport etc.  I dont know why Lexus had to overuse F and sport and make it confusing.  C63 = 6.3 (well at one point) so that makes sense.  Maybe it should have been the IS 4, IS 6 and ISF 8 so everyone would know how many cylinders it had lol.

16 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Old thread i know but had to laugh when i saw your plate ISF 50L.  Actually makes sense given whenever i tell someone i have an ISF, they all get confused with the IS250, 350, F Sport etc.  I dont know why Lexus had to overuse F and sport and make it confusing.  C63 = 6.3 (well at one point) so that makes sense.  Maybe it should have been the IS 4, IS 6 and ISF 8 so everyone would know how many cylinders it had lol.

IS250 owner at my wife's work was asking her about our ISF soon after we got it - she sorta played it down just saying it was an "IS F" and he's like 'yeah, but is it 250 or 350' when she drove it to work one day another colleague of the IS250 owner put it eloquently when he said along the line of  "mate, it's an IS 500!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vaku said:

yeah but the C63 is a 6.2 ;P

Love the fact that the ISF is the 'unknown' brother in the group.

Agreed, rather it be on the rare side than common side but still the confusion makes me laugh.  Female colleague at work just got a is250 F Sport, the smaller V6 i think, about 150kw or near enough.  She knew i had a Lexus so asked me what one i had.  Told her the ISF and she said how cool, i got one too.  I was explaining to her its a different F and that went back and forth for a few minutes until she realised it was a V8 even though i told her.  The look on her face was that she thought i was confused lol.

Its all good but yeah wish Lexus didnt overuse "F" in all their lineup, would simplify things :-)  Once the GS F and RC F become more common, that will just make it more fun tryng to explain what type of F we have lol

5 hours ago, Monyx said:

IS250 owner at my wife's work was asking her about our ISF soon after we got it - she sorta played it down just saying it was an "IS F" and he's like 'yeah, but is it 250 or 350' when she drove it to work one day another colleague of the IS250 owner put it eloquently when he said along the line of  "mate, it's an IS 500!"

Lol i like that.  Next time someone asks im saying its a IS 500.  The "F" has been overused.  Must admit sometimes even at the lights when a IS250 or 350 pulls up next to me, at a glance it can be hard to tell as some have the F badging.  Im still a newish owner only having the ISF for a few months so i cant tell easily sometimes besides the obvious quad tips.

I know the bonet has the bulge but i cant tell easily for oncoming IS cars.  The quad tips is my only reference point how i can tell lol

Front is pretty easy - grill and fogs

side - the vents 

Haha - trying to explain it to those not in the know is a little difficult.

especially when they see it and compare their 250 to your F lol

23 hours ago, ISFBloke said:

you can easily tell oncoming from any other IS, the F is lower wider and more aggressive looking overall and has the side wents. Like the 500 comment:) 

In motion i honestly find it hard to tell if an oncoming IS is wider, lower etc.  Vents would be easy enough to notice, forgot about that.  Never noticed difference in fog lights either.

Wish the bonet had a slight cutout like the new GS F or even slight bulge like the M3 (even though i know the ISF has got a raise in it)

I can easily tell them apart oncoming they just look mean in comparison but of course for the average person they are all the same. I am having more trouble with the RC 350 and the RC-F.

Best comment I've ever heard was when I was at a dealership looking at getting my first F a couple remarked next to the F "this is just a 250 with some spare exhaust bits probably Japanese import" then I fired up the engine and buried the throttle leaving for me test drive. They must have taken a gazillion photos me taking off and waited until I returned in 30 min so they could ask all sort of questions such as "what in gods' name is this??" :)