Interior Lights, Exterior Lights, Lights Lights Lights !

hey guys,

i was looking at changing some of the lights around the car. I found an item on ebay listed here

I found that the following light types are suitable for the following locations.

Parking light: 168

License plate: 168

Map light: 168

Step/Courtesy light: 175/194

However seeing as the product is a "42 LED SMD T10" they said "These LED bulbs are longer and wider than stock T10 wedge light bulbs, therefore please make sure they will fit before buying." So to the members who have changed their lights around is there sufficient clearance for these LED's? Also in Australia are we allowed to have Blue LED's for our licence plate lights?

Cheers,

Babaquazi :D

I've recently changed my

- rear dome

- boot

- front passenger door lights

- mirror open light

with T10 6 SMD white.

I don't know if they will fit, if i remember right there weren't much room for the ones I changed above.

Also, doesn't it seem abit of overkill with 42SMD LEDs?

I'm planning to change my puddle and front dome light this weekend to the same 6 SMD LED White :)

Sorry I can't help you with LED sizes.

But ADR 48/00 states that "the lights of the lamp used in the illuminating device must be sufficiently colourless not to cause any appreciable change in the colour of the registration plate."

Hey i recently changed my lights as well.

I've noticed that the light like to slowly approach maximum brightness. The interior ones seem to really step, rather then gradual. I've even changed these to ones with resistors inbuilt into them.

I find this very annoying. Is there an solution to this?

I did my parking lights with 9 LED SMDs off eBay, not sure what size it claimed but i think they're all pretty much the same. better have some skinny fingers for the install...

I've recently changed my

- rear dome

- boot

- mirror open light

with T10 6 SMD white.

I don't know if they will fit, if i remember right there weren't much room for the ones I changed above.

I'm planning to change my puddle and front dome light this weekend to the same 6 SMD LED White :)

thanks sengu yeh i'm gonna put the 42LED SMD ones just for the parkers coz there's like 20cm of clearance for em LOL

I've recently changed my

- rear dome

- boot

- mirror open light

with T10 6 SMD white.

thanks sengu yeh i'm gonna put the 42LED SMD ones just for the parkers coz there's like 20cm of clearance for em LOL

you might wanna have a another look where the parkers sit. just look through the front. the bulb needs to be pretty much the same width as the original bulb to fit into the housing so unfortunately you don't have 20cm of clearance lol

did mine 5 years ago but going off memory its all pretty tight so best bet is to stick as close to an original T10 size. also, for the parkers get a neat looking bulb as those 9 led etc etc bulbs look ugly during the day when they're not on.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T10-W5W-501-Xenon-SMD-LED-Side-Light-Bulbs-White-x-4-/170618580033?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b9a8ec41

i used the above and theyre plenty bright. nemesisD has them on his atm but if u wanna check them out at the meet.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dig up an old post but I was thinking about replacing the UGLY fog lights with whiter bulbs and thought this be the place.. Anyone have advice on this? My main concern is that they won't be able to serve their intended purpose if i replace them with whiter bulbs, but then again i wouldn't ever need them to serve that purpose anyway?

iv seen hid's put into foglights

So have I, looks really good. That's why I'm keen to do it too.

normal bulbs will make light output worse and are than for cosmetic purposes only.

with a change to HID than it'll be a lot brigher. also looks awesome.....

i have 4500k for my fogs

there not real HID's just the Phillips Crystal Vision

i never used my fog lights for what there meant to be used for, and i just have em on most of the time (i reckon itlooks better at night)

you can tell the difference between the stock ones, as there kind yellowish

they match my 4300k HID lows pretty good and with the white LED parkers i have, makes it a nice match at night, the whole front of the car is bright white

i have 4500k for my fogs

i never used my fog lights for what there meant to be used for, and i just have em on most of the time (i reckon itlooks better at night)

they match my 4300k HID lows pretty good and with the white LED parkers i have, makes it a nice match at night, the whole front of the car is bright white

I don't think anyone uses their fog lights for what they're meant for.. i was thinking of just replacing the fog lights with LED's and trying to claim them as DRL's (i don't need the brightness of HIDs or even halogens, they're purely for the look.) Especially handy if jolly mr policeman decides he doesn't like them on in non "adverse weather conditions" but sadly i doubt i'd get away with that either.

been pulled over for having my foggies on quite a few times (and im a red p plater aswell)

they always just say to turn em off never been fined for it

also, im thinking of putting a LED strip (one of the thicker/sturdy looking ones) where the fog lights are, in the section where it angles down

heres a pic with the area cirles in red

lexusis2506speedmanual2.th.jpg

i saw it on clublexus AGES ago, but i cant find it anymore

and i dont know how i would wire it up either, so im not gonan try, hahaha

but just an idea

been pulled over for having my foggies on quite a few times (and im a red p plater aswell)

they always just say to turn em off never been fined for it

also, im thinking of putting a LED strip (one of the thicker/sturdy looking ones) where the fog lights are, in the section where it angles down

heres a pic with the area cirles in red

lexusis2506speedmanual2.th.jpg

i saw it on clublexus AGES ago, but i cant find it anymore

and i dont know how i would wire it up either, so im not gonan try, hahaha

but just an idea

wooow nice k2sty1 yeh i'm a red p-plater as well so lemme know how ur LED strip project goes and if u get any attention from the boyz in blue :) ummm also blue LED licence plate lights...a no go ??

i tried changing the rear ones, but i CANNOT figure out how to get em out!

but i noticed the rear ones are pretty white anyway

IMO, blue lights in the interior make the car look tacky

go white, makes it look classier and not to "try hard"

and bluish white on the exterior (aka 6000k HID's everywhere, hahaha)

seen some REALLY ugly cars with green and blue LED's, most notably commodores

me and my friends have a sort of "anti commodore" thing going, hahaha

should've seen this guys face in his SV6 when i took off the lights in my mates DC2R, hahaha didnt know what hit him :P

i have 4500k for my fogs

I don't think anyone uses their fog lights for what they're meant for.. i was thinking of just replacing the fog lights with LED's and trying to claim them as DRL's (i don't need the brightness of HIDs or even halogens, they're purely for the look.) Especially handy if jolly mr policeman decides he doesn't like them on in non "adverse weather conditions" but sadly i doubt i'd get away with that either.

I can tell you from experience that the fogs don't help when using in actual foggy conditions. I've driven in thick fog and the stock bulbs made little difference.

They are good for lighting up the road only when it rains and/or for cosmetic purposes.

yeh, i noticed that too

it was REALLY foggy on mona vale road one night

and fog lights dont really help

i want my yellow tints for my fogs back!!

they looked sick, hahaha

but most my friends hated it lol

looks outstanding. not sure how it would look if they're turned off though, doubt it would be very conspicuous. plus issues with fixing it in place and wiring? all of the DIY LED strips i have seen just look tacky and a bit too try hard, those ones though i really like. but hey that's just me.

yeh, these look really "solid" if u get what i mean

the ones i've seen look tacky and just not right

yeh i reckon it'll look weird if they were turned off

so if i did ever do it, i'd just have em on all the time while im driving like DRL's, hahaha

true, but what about when you're parked haha? i was thinking it might be possible to semi tuck them under that section where the foglights are, so they're mostly hidden but the light still reflects out when they're on.. that's kinda what it looks like in the clublexus video. im pretty keen to put them on mine, they look so good. or you could be a hero and go all out and put actuators on them to make them slide out. :lol: