hey guys

pretty pissed off today, cuz the IS250 got keyed

one straight line from the driver side front door to the end of the driver side rear door

any suggestions to try and get some the scratch out?

the scratch is pretty deep, so i'll probably have to go through insurance

FML

NO WAY! That's just awful.

Feel free to use some of my Ultimate Compound but, if it's keyed down to the metal, that won't be of much help.

Has anyone tried to fix keying using touch-up paint? Is it worth a try, or better off getting the panel repainted?

i think the scratch is pretty deep

but i'll try some stuff tomorrow

i know it sounds weird, but im scared to tell my mum, hahaha

it makes me feel like she wont trust me anymore, even though theres nothing really couldve done to stop it

if we have to go through insurance, apparently theres a thing called vandalism and its not meant to raise ur premiums or anything

im with AAMI, comprehensive, so anyone got any ideas??

i just feel like *BLEEP* cause now we gotta pay the excess cause of some *BLEEP* with no life...

also. i talked to the cops, and they put in a report and everything, so i think i can show my insurance that aswell

unfortunatly there were no cameras pointing towards the car, so cant get anyone for it either!!!

Freaken idiots with nothing better to do! Feel for you man! My old car got keyed around the whole car i.e all doors, all 1/4 panels, bonnet & boot! I was gutted... I know how you feel!

Your mum can't tell you off for that... It's not like you were trying to drift the car & then wrapped it around a pole!

yeh, i just told her, PHEWWW

its all sweet

anyone know any good shops around the North Shore area?

i have a friend at one, but me nd him kinda had a falling out i guess, i dunno if he'll do it or not

i know its kinda bad, but i want them to fix the hood aswell (paint is stuffed from when i sprayed the grill)

i wanna get something good out of this! but i guess thats cheating the insurance company

That sucks man, especially on the is250. My yaris got keyed the first week i got it off the showroom but since its cheap it didn't bother me too much.

That said, I did try meguiars scratch X 2.0 and it didn't work as the scratch was deep. Also touch up paint is really obvious to the eye and isn't a good way to repair a long line across the door. Since your car is graphite maybe it would look better.

You should call AAMI to see if you have to pay the standard excess when you claim. If you do I'd go another route.

Damn man, If it makes you feel better, I recently had someone push a shopping trolley into the rear bumper, not once but twice, took some paint off as well. I'm starting to realise that the shopping trolleys end up next to nice cars in the car parks now.

yeh, i just called my mate, and his happy to do the work

now its just about calling the insurance tomrrow and figuring out how much its gonna cost

but im with AAMI, so i dunno if they'll let me choose the repairer!!!

yeh, i just read up on their site

i can get a quote from my own repairer apparently

but my friend's also with AAMI and they let him do it where he wanted it

so im hoping it works out

i'll report back tomrrow, meeting up with my mate tomorrow night to check the damage and catch up

so we'll see how it goes

friend had a look at it last night

his giving me a quote this weekend i think

so i'll hve to talk to AAMI after that

hope it works out

friend had a look at it last night

his giving me a quote this weekend i think

so i'll hve to talk to AAMI after that

hope it works out

sorry to hear, all the best with the repairs.

I am with AAMI to and i just took my car to Northshore smash repair and they did everything for me . Dont let them fool you into taking it to there repair if you are firm with them they will let you take it to your repairer .

good to know!

i'll fight it out and see what happens

im hoping cause my mum has been with AAMI forever (litterally) and barely made any claims

so i'll try to reason out with em

also, i read somewhere i shouldn't wash the car cause the scratch might rust

is it still alright to wash it tho?

oh, ok

thanks

i mean if i chamois it after it can't be worse than driving in the rain

gotta get the incident no. from the cop for the insurance now, so hope it's settled soon

i'll probably be at the meet and u guys can check out the scratch, lol

thanks again for the support