Pics With Kwv3 And Dubs

mikenbn

Thanks for the welcome + feedback fellows

Yeah the wheels are not for everyone's taste - I just wanted something different to the usual deep dish silver / black look.

It actually looks better in person esp the concave in the rear imo..

Hope to meet a few members over the next GTG

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the welcome + feedback fellows

Yeah the wheels are not for everyone's taste - I just wanted something different to the usual deep dish silver / black look.

It actually looks better in person esp the concave in the rear imo..

Hope to meet a few members over the next GTG

Cheers

Mike

love the look mate

looks awsome

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this looks fantastic! i would be interested to know what the ride is like on these as im hoping to place an order for som V3's myself....

Can you take it much lower than whats in the pictures above?

cheers

benny.

Thanks for the positive feedback,

Suspension is great, I've left it on the factory setting which is perfect for me on Sydney roads. On the OEM wheels and tyres the ride is on par with standard.The main difference is that it's more composed and the car settles alot quicker on road imperfections. You don't get than "bouncy boaty" feel at low speeds either. The handling is amazing - great turn-in and balance with very little body roll.

In regards to ride, number of things can contribute to that.

- Tyres to start with, The 30 series on my aftermarket rims don't help, the ride is firmer - still very composed but definitely firmer than OEM.

- Setup, not the easiest things to adjust as they have independent compression and rebound. I've been told the boys at City Performance (KW distributor) have settings to suit your needs, this includes a Nurbug set-up which would be ideal for the track. Running this set-up on Sydney roads would mean a firmer ride.

- Height adjustment - yes I could go another inch all around (KW don't recommend sitting it at its lowest point but the car could sit another 20mm lower if need be) frankly I barely get over steep inclines / speed humps with the current height. For me the car is a weekend driver and thats the only reason it's sitting this low. The front spoiler gets a beating on drive way entry/exit dips, taking then on angles helps but not all can be avoided.

Yes the wheels are from Ozzy Tyres - I really wanted a concave set-up and these were the only set I could find in Aus that fitted the ISF.... barely :)

Only negative, the offset at the rear is ET38 so if lowering like I have 255 are the widest fit on the rear. My guards have also been rolled which helps.

Cheers

Mike