Model Year 11

tel

Has anyone in the Club driven the latest model with the significantly revised suspension, which IMHO, has made the ride better than my previous 18"

IS 250 ?

Tel

In Europe, the ISF was criticised for being too track-biased (jiggly ride) & slower around key race tracks than the BMW M3 which the Year 11 Revisions have addressed.

UK urban roads are heavily repaired after last Winter's severe weather yet the ride/handling is relatively rail-smooth.I drove 70miles in my SEL to change cars & my initial impression, as I left the Dealership, was that the ISF front tyre pressures were too low,the car was vault tight &,as the journey progressed,the ride was bump smooth compared with my Test Drive.(no Motorways).However, when I checked, the garage had set the tyre pressures to 40 psig -----reducing to 36 softened the bump to a patter very similar to my SEL ride.

Mates are amazed how smooth it rides compared with their M3 & my impressive mpg that has risen from 18.9 mpg to 23.5mpg over the first 300 miles as I run it in.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have the 2011 suspension revisions and overall it's a good balance between performance and comfort.It suits me but I see some forum members modifying their suspension to be stiffer than factory so different people would prefer different mix of sporty and comfort

Driven a couple of 2011 IS-Fs & I've driven the new and old back to back.

The new isn't what I'd call softer just more settled and feels planted when you get bumps mid corner.

Does ride nicer.

What do you guys thinks of the MY12 wheels that were posted up recently?

There not as bling as the current wheels and I am interested in the 8.5" front but no more rubber width.

Would be good to see something like a 245 on the front though.

getting back to the look of the wheels and if I was to purchase after market wheels I love OZ so the new 2012 wheels are very similar to this style so on a whole I like them :D