Is200 Stereo Wiring Diagram

Hi everyone

im new here and a firly new lexus owenr and i need help already.

I want to change out the stock head unit of my 99 is200 with the premium sound.

i want to add a sub to the premium sound keeping the stock amp and adding a new amp in

the boot for the sub. This is where i need the help the stock amp is 4ch yes so i need

2 preout for that ond one fot my new sub. is there anyone one that can send me a wiring

diagram 4 the stereo all i can seem to find aer ECU diagrams. Or even just tell me if this

is possibull your help would be graetly appreciated.

Yes just standard imputs but I think I worked it out I have spliced them in to some rca leads and splice all the negative wires in to the brown amp earth but now I need to know what do the yellow and green wires do I got 2 wires left don't know where they go

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there I Have the wiring diagrams for the 8 speaker and 6 speaker IS200. I would like to attach them they are PDF but i dont know how to attach?

I can see from the diagram that the 8 speaker system uses an rca amplifier. The 6 speaker diagram shows the wiring heading straight to the speakers from the head unit.

I am doing an aftermarket install head unit in the 8 speaker system and having difficulty finding out how to wire my speakers. I would like to continue using the factory amp if possible. Has anybody done this and who can give me some tips for the following.

Which pin ( or wire color) should I use to switch the amp on.

The wiring diagram shows two wires fromhead unit to amp TX+and TX-, anybody know what these are for?

Ok This link for 6 Speaker Diagram

IS200 6 Speaker

And 8 Speaker Diagram

is200 8 Speaker

Surely someone must know how to include factory amp in an aftermarket headunit installation. All wires I have connected, however I am just unable to switch the amp on using the HU amp power wire.

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok If anyone else wishes to do the same as I have, here is how it works.

You need an interface between the new headunit and the factory amp. This unit is called a METRA TYTO-01 2003-08 TOYOTA JBL INTERFACE WIRE HARNESS. It plugs directly into your original plug, and sends the correct data down the TX+ and TX- wires, and also has a gain adjustment for varying your rca signal up or down to get the right level for your amp.

If you are going to connect other functions to the head unit, such as a dimmer for lights on, reverse camera etc, you will still need to splice wires into the harness.

If you use this interface you have no need to bypass the factory amp, or replace the rear speakers in order to install your aftermarket head unit. (you can have your cake and eat it).

The installation I have done gives just as superb sound quality from my aftermarket head unit as the original head unit, with all the extra functions you want these days in a Lexus.

• 1 year later...

My car just has the stock amplifier (at the very left when you remove the glove box). It went straight in and works fine. I am not sure of the brand of amplifier.

• 1 year later...

Ok If anyone else wishes to do the same as I have, here is how it works.

You need an interface between the new headunit and the factory amp. This unit is called a METRA TYTO-01 2003-08 TOYOTA JBL INTERFACE WIRE HARNESS. It plugs directly into your original plug, and sends the correct data down the TX+ and TX- wires, and also has a gain adjustment for varying your rca signal up or down to get the right level for your amp.

If you are going to connect other functions to the head unit, such as a dimmer for lights on, reverse camera etc, you will still need to splice wires into the harness.

If you use this interface you have no need to bypass the factory amp, or replace the rear speakers in order to install your aftermarket head unit. (you can have your cake and eat it).

The installation I have done gives just as superb sound quality from my aftermarket head unit as the original head unit, with all the extra functions you want these days in a Lexus.

Hi Gasso,

I have an IS200 year 2002 and want to achieve the same result and hoping you could confirm a couple of things before I order the harness:

1/ Do you have factory sat nav? - if so does it function as normal (screen activation and voice interception of front speakers) with the harness?

2/ There seem's to be different looking harnesses available:

a/ As shown on Metra's website (link below) - IS300 is listed but not IS200 but I figure this is because it is a US website and I suspect IS200s were not sold in US. Anyhow, I'm assuming the head unit / amp is common between IS200 and IS300.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/TYTO-01

b/ One I found on e-bay (link below) - doesn't actually list Lexus vehicles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-TYTO-01-2003-2008-Toyota-JBL-Interface-Wire-Harness-Integration-Axxess/301184066092?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222006%26algo%3DSIC.FITP%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22426%26meid%3D7275462331005596849%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9723%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D300351534683

As you can see the modules are different in appearance. Do either of these modules match yours? Any thoughts on if there might be any difference in function between the two? - perhaps it's just an updated housing design.

Thanks for your help mate!

Hi isnuts,

1.My car does not have factory sat nav so I am unsure about that, but it would be worth trying.

2. I am pretty sure the one I purchased is the first one. I bought it straight from that website from memory and installation was relatively straight forward. I believe the IS200 was not sold in the US, (or if it was, it was not the same as our model here), That is why they do not list the IS200 on their site.

Good luck,

Gasso

• 4 years later...