Lfa Experience/ Isf Day At Sandown Raceway.

Brisman

Is anybody on the forum going to this, I'm coming down from Brisbane and doing the Thursday morning session. Can't wait, a hot lap in a LFA and an afternoon driving the ISF and IS350F around Sandown Raceway.

Brisman.

Got the post title wrong, I meant ISF of course. LOL. Can't seem to edit this.

Can't wait, a hot lap in a LFA

What makes it even better is the fact that Scott Pruett is at the wheel. He has been the American Le Mans champion and is one of the best drivers I've been in a car with. I was lucky enough to get a few laps around Wakefield Park in an IS-F with him driving...awesome.

Epicurean, invite was from Lexus vis email. I believe all ISF and F Sport owners who bought their car from Lexus were getting an invite. If you didn't get one and you bought your ISF from a Lexus dealer I would give them a call.

The event dates are Wed. 12th, morning session and Thursday 13th, morning and afternoon session.

hope this helps.

October that is and $300.00.

I missed your original post, I saw some this morning on my phone and thought I would read it properly later. I'm at my computer now and you seem to have edited it.

Anyway, from what I remember your entitled to a rant.

I agree, free would be nice but I'm not too miffed about it.

One thing I don't like is the blame game (pet hate) and it sounds like your dealer was trying to blame Lexus.

Proper approach. "Sorry about that, let me find out what has happened and I'll organise an invite for you right now"

Yeh thought you were asking how to enter but then I noticed you had done so.

Yes I put a big rant in there but thought I would edit seeing as I was not really answering your question and going off on my own little lexus bashing mission LOL

It is a joke really, you spend more than $100K on their performance car and they want to charge you for a ride day!

Audi gave me a ride day at Philip Island (2nd most expensive track in the country to hire) FOR FREE and hadn't even purchased a car from them yet!!!!!!! Not a dollar down!!!!!

BMW offer you a ride day if you buy a M and that now includes the 1M Couple at just over $100K.

Added to this I didn't even get an invite. From what I can see it is something from Lexus Australia not the dealer as they are using the premier Ticket system to enter.

$300.00 !!!!!!! That is rich and I cannot find anywhere in the info about what you get for your money, other than the single passenger lap in the LFA. If I was going to spend the $300 I want to know how many laps I get and in what cars. Not interested in doing many laps is an IS350.

Then they want to add $40 for a guest, what $40 to watch from the sidelines!!!! WTF is it with that.

As I say I had a rant before and edited it, but after this post maybe I should have left it up.

For the life of me I cannot understand their methods, we spend good money on thier performance car and they want us to spend more to continue our customer - car manufacturer relationship. I would have thought they would give us the chance to participate and hence strength the relationship for our next purchase not piss us off!!!!

There I go again ranting :P

That is rich and I cannot find anywhere in the info about what you get for your money, other than the single passenger lap in the LFA.

You also get:

This is also your opportunity to test your own driving capabilities as you drive the IS F and IS 350 around Sandown Raceway. With a professional driver providing one-on-one high performance coaching from the passenger seat, youll gain valuable tips to get the absolute best from your experience and learn more about the driving potential of your Lexus IS F .

as well as IS F hot laps with Neal Bates.

If you'd like me to shoot you the full details PM me your email address.

I also have an idea on why you didn't get an invite.

Last one I went to, although it wasn't offered in the actual package, the spectators had a hot lap in an ISF, of course that's no guarantee that it would happen this time.

Blacky, are you going?

Dis-lex-sic, I couldn't find anything on the ISF hot laps with Neal Bates on the invite.

Last one I went to, although it wasn't offered in the actual package, the spectators had a hot lap in an ISF, of course that's no guarantee that it would happen this time.

Blacky, are you going?

Dis-lex-sic, I couldn't find anything on the ISF hot laps with Neal Bates on the invite.

I can't find anything on what is being offering in the event, only the LFA lap.

Yes, I think I am going. That is if Lexus will take my $340.00. LOL

Will try to make my booking tomorrow for Thursday morning session

@ DIS-LEX-SIC do you know of any Sydney based ones?

Nothing as far as I know.

As I was discussing with Blacky, I'm disappointed as I can't make any of these dates as I'm heading down to Phillip Island for MotoGP.

I'm sending some clients down as a thanks.

Hope you have an awesome time Blacky. We want photos!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the Lexus track day at Sandown... must say it was a blast.

Got flown down to Melbourne for a 12pm start with hot laps in the CT 200/ 350 / ISF. Followed by some driver training and you behind the wheel taking turns in each of the cars.

Last but not least the day was finished up with a hot lap in the LFA - sensational....

You guys are in for a real treat tomorrow, have Fun!!

Once again big thanks to Sid and the gang at Chatswood for an amazing day!

Mike

Hey Mikebn

Yes the day was good and in our case I think the weather was on our side.

Like any of these things there is never enough laps in the cars and especially seeing as we did not get one full lap in any of the cars and only an out lap in the LFA was a little weak.

In the end good fun but you can never have enough or tire of thrashing some else cars :lol:

Did like the wheel in the new GEN 3 ISF though, would like a set of those on my car.

Great day out, like Blacky said weather was fantastic, a wee bit disappointed in not doing a full lap. Could have done more in the LFA, too many people IMO.

The instructors were excellent, enjoyed the laps in the new Gen 3. I was surprised how good and quick the IS350F Sport was, definitely value for money.

As said, the new Gen 3 wheels look good, thought the new suspension set up felt better.

All up, a great day. On the track you can really appreciate the ISF, loved being able to drive it flat out and seeing what it's capable of.