Lfa Experience/ Isf Day At Sandown Raceway.

Brisman

Great day out, like Blacky said weather was fantastic, a wee bit disappointed in not doing a full lap. Could have done more in the LFA, too many people IMO.

The instructors were excellent, enjoyed the laps in the new Gen 3. I was surprised how good and quick the IS350F Sport was, definitely value for money.

As said, the new Gen 3 wheels look good, thought the new suspension set up felt better.

All up, a great day. On the track you can really appreciate the ISF, loved being able to drive it flat out and seeing what it's capable of.

Like Oliver said in that old movie - MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

More laps would have been a lot better as you couldn't really get into it, by the time you thought about what you were doing it was time to go into the pits again.

To much talk and not enough action. They spoke about lap times, or part there of but I only ever saw two times on the board.

If I didn't have to pay for it, OK it was a good day but seeing as it cost me 300dy I felt it could have been better. Would have done without the lunch for more laps :lol:

Agreed, in future i'll only do local events like this. Too much spent for what it was, flights, accommodation and the cost of the event. Lexus will have to make it more appealing for me to travel interstate again.

If we had two or three laps in the LFA then that might have made a difference, but only doing an out lap was disappointing and to make matters worse we were held up about two thirds the way round by one of those crappy C200H F Sports.

Sorry to anyone that has one but I don't like them.

Sounds like a bit of a whinge, it was a good day but not enough. it should have been all ISF with more laps. Like you said by the time you got the hang of it, it was all over.

So today, I just went out and made up for it, Sport mode, Manual mode, all morning I just gunned it everywhere, no sensible stuff today. Gotta luv it!

Not sure if this is going to work, let me know, it's a .avi file, video of the LFA Lap, let me know.

Didn't work, I'll try again when I've had less beer, sorry guys.

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Especially you Blacky as I feel like I helped you make up your mind to go.

We shouted a few of my long term repeat clients and they all raved. All wanted more.

Did you guys all recieve a USB stick with your video clip on it?

I have one of my IS-F owners whose USB stick wasn't loaded correctly so doesn't have his video clip. I am trying to get another copy for him. If I can't would anybody be willing to help me with a copy of theirs? Just so he can see the speeds and G forces that are displayed.

I agree that there is never enough track time with an event like this. The IS-F national dealer launch was all day at Wakefield Park with about 20 IS-Fs supplied....still not enough track time.

Would the Sydney guys be interested in doing a track day at Eastern Creek all together for $330? Maybe cheaper if we get enough numbers?

I do a lot of motorbike trackdays at Eastern Creek (15 so far this year) and take care of the booking for a group.

I'm happy to do the organising if enough of you are interested.

I'm a little disappointed with Lexus to be honest....bought the isf from chatswood in august and havent seen any track days by lexus australia...only seen the track day which cost $700+!!!

When i bought my e46 m3, they did a track day and it didnt cost me anything....not very good encore experience so far....

I'm a little disappointed with Lexus to be honest....bought the isf from chatswood in august and havent seen any track days by lexus australia...only seen the track day which cost $700+!!!

When i bought my e46 m3, they did a track day and it didnt cost me anything....not very good encore experience so far....

I'm with you kirk7, Lexus Australia and customer service is a fallacy.

I didn't get an invite either but decided to pay for the experience.

I could go on and on about how bad my experience has been with Lexus Australia but I don't want to bore everyone and can't be bother to waste my breath on them.

Me, I have come to the conclusion that I should just drive my car and expect NOTHING from Lexus Aust.

Enjoy your car :D

Hey Guys,

To be Honest, I dont see why you guys EXPECT so much from lexus. After all the great service, awesome sales reps and encore privledges, you expect MORE freebies???

These things take alot of time and effort to organise not to mention how much it costs. Track hire, man power, etc etc.

Yes it would be great to see more track days. But Just curious as to why you think it should be free. You paid for your cars, not for free track days.

As for not recieving an invite? I called all of my IS-F clients to see if they liked the sound of the event. Only one hadn't recieved the invite. That wasn't Lexus Aust's fault, they sent invites to all the relevent clients, it was due to the details given to them, by us or the client, having an error or typo.

The majority of people paid....not that it makes it any better I know. I had a small number of people that have bought multiple cars over many years that we paid for. And yes we as a dealer still had to pay Lexus Aust! So it still wasn't free.

There have been previous events that have been free and there will be again.

When possible, I've invited a few of the guys off this forum to Lexus events. I'm happy to do the same for you for any future events if you like. Let's see if I can improve this Lexus experience for you over time.

Hey dis-lex-sic

I guess because I am a tight ass in everything I do!

But in all seriousness, other competitive brands don't charge for similar or possibly better ride days.

In the end my judgement (go fast around a track in someone else's car) got the better of me and I let the moths out and opened my wallet. :lol:

As for not recieving an invite? I called all of my IS-F clients to see if they liked the sound of the event. Only one hadn't recieved the invite. That wasn't Lexus Aust's fault, they sent invites to all the relevent clients, it was due to the details given to them, by us or the client, having an error or typo.

The majority of people paid....not that it makes it any better I know. I had a small number of people that have bought multiple cars over many years that we paid for. And yes we as a dealer still had to pay Lexus Aust! So it still wasn't free.

There have been previous events that have been free and there will be again.

When possible, I've invited a few of the guys off this forum to Lexus events. I'm happy to do the same for you for any future events if you like. Let's see if I can improve this Lexus experience for you over time.

2nd that

hes invited a few of us at no cost

Had a call yesterday from Lexus as a survey on the drive / ride day.

She kind of confirmed everybody would have like more time in the cars, at least a full lap.

Also said an email will be sent out with a link to photos of the day, so better keep an eye on the junk box ;)

Received a call today, I gave them a good score on everything apart from the LFA lap. I told her I would not travel interstate again for one of these events as it is just not worth it. If in QLD, yes, I'll go again.

Coming from Brisbane specifically for a hot lap in the LFA and only getting an out lap and being held up by a C200H for about a third of that lap, no not really impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received the email with the username and password to get access to your photos etc?

I have received nothing since the call and thinking maybe SPAM picked it up.

Nothing yet, she said about three weeks to me, we're not far off that now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...