Dvd Map For New Zealand

I brought my Lexus GS300 2006 from UK to NZ.The car came with a Sat Nav.I have approached Lexus New Zealand to buy a copy of NZ map but was told some other UK lexus had tried the Whereis map V6 but cannot read the data.The original disk in my car is DVD navigation map A Europe.It also states 2003-2005 Aisin AW Co Ltd,1993-2004 NAVTEQ,2005 Zenrin Europe BV,DvD Rom 86721-53030,86721-60V660J ,2005-2006 Ver1.The Nav system is Gen 03-TNS600.

Can anyone please help in informing where to buy a DvD NZ map to fit this system or maybe modify the Sat Nav to read Whereis map supplied by Lexus NZ.

Thank you and regards,

probably not gonna like this asnwer

but all i can see is changing the nav unit to a NZ model nav

probably pick 1 up at the wreckers

Thanks anyway.Will keep on trying,otherwise buy an aftermarket unit.Cannot imagine Lexus car so immobile!Standardisation of some sort should have been done.I email Lexus UK and Zenrin,the map publisher but all came with negative reply.

probably not gonna like this asnwer

but all i can see is changing the nav unit to a NZ model nav

probably pick 1 up at the wreckers

Hi ilv1004s,

I was thinking about what you said and yeap,I think you are absolutely right!The best to do is to get a sat nav unit from wreckers in Aussie or NZ.Do I change the DVD player only or the touch screen as well?Anyone know where I can get a DVD player/map reader?The one in the glovebox?Thx

• 4 weeks later...

There's two different disc, one for Lexus & one for Toyota. Both are V.6

They retail for over $500 so you'd be better of with a Garmin but then I can't see the point of a GPS in NZ. It's to small to need one IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

There's two different disc, one for Lexus & one for Toyota. Both are V.6

They retail for over $500 so you'd be better of with a Garmin but then I can't see the point of a GPS in NZ. It's to small to need one IMO.

Can you suggest a better place form where i can buy?

• 1 year later...

I brought my Lexus GS300 2006 from UK to NZ.The car came with a Sat Nav.I have approached Lexus New Zealand to buy a copy of NZ map but was told some other UK lexus had tried the Whereis map V6 but cannot read the data.The original disk in my car is DVD navigation map A Europe.It also states 2003-2005 Aisin AW Co Ltd,1993-2004 NAVTEQ,2005 Zenrin Europe BV,DvD Rom 86721-53030,86721-60V660J ,2005-2006 Ver1.The Nav system is Gen 03-TNS600.

Can anyone please help in informing where to buy a DvD NZ map to fit this system or maybe modify the Sat Nav to read Whereis map supplied by Lexus NZ.

Thank you and regards,

Hi There,

I have the same problem, I have imported a LS430 2005 from the UK and the sat nav system won't work.

I have found out that the DVD player is not compatible with NZ and it needs a new unit, but I also am trying to find out if the new unit will work with the existing screen if I buy it! Lexus NZ and Lexus Aus are most unhelpful, just saying they don't deal with imported cars, and all I want is some info!

Did you manage to sort yourself out in the end?

If s, any hints or tips?

I am going to get this fixed if its the last thing I do!!!

Nigel

Auckland NZ

• 8 years later...