anyone know if the IS 350 is coming or is in austrlia as a AWD Variant??? and anyone think it is/will be any good??? i currently drive a Subaru Liberty thats AWD and love AWD, never really driven a RWD car so im use to the control of a AWD car.

highly doubt the AWD is350 will come to australia

theres just not enough demand for the car.

in places where it snows in winter the demand will be there

but for a country like australia which rarely see's snow except for certain parts there is pratically 0 demand for a awd variant

Learn how to drive :P Once you go RWD you'll never go back. It's pure driving

booo like the fact that i can through a car such as my liberty in a corner at 120 130 and know its going to stick where as my mate in his sv6 holden has to go in 65 to 70 cause he will end up backwards, but i guess ill test drive the is350 and see how i like it, anyone live in the sydney\penrith region with a is350 wanna show me how they handle ill love em for life????

what liberty do you drive?

i used to have a gen4 lib gt and it understeers just like any other subarus

if you like i can show you how a 350 handles as im in the hills area

nope im using a gen 4 2.5i non turbo green p's man, really wat day can u show me, also wat year model is ya 350?? cause before i go buy one i wanna see how they go....

nope im using a gen 4 2.5i non turbo green p's man, really wat day can u show me, also wat year model is ya 350?? cause before i go buy one i wanna see how they go....

year models dont matter on the 350

they are all my11 shape (latest shape) there is no difference what so ever with the handling/engine etc

if you wanna purchase a 350 why dont you go into a dealer and ask for a test drive

best way to find out how the car handles

year models dont matter on the 350

they are all my11 shape (latest shape) there is no difference what so ever with the handling/engine etc

if you wanna purchase a 350 why dont you go into a dealer and ask for a test drive

best way to find out how the car handles

yer but i carnt get stuck into it, hahah also the diff between a 250 and the 350 is the engine really right???

its more than just the engine

but to put it simple it's like the difference between a 2.5i lib to a GT or Sti Lib

brakes suspension are also improved from the base model

hmmmm ok ill go look at the 350, cause i was also looking at the new sti lib its like 18k less in price

hmmmm ok ill go look at the 350, cause i was also looking at the new sti lib its like 18k less in price

Depends what you want your driving experience to be.

If you love point and shoot hard edged acceleration, braking and performance then the STi would be my pick (had a WRX and Liberty B4).

If you want the power of the 350 engine in a far more luxurious and quality finished car then get the Lexus.

4 years ago I went from the B4 to the IS250. The lack of power bothered me initially, but the lovelly smooth, quiet driving has more than made up for it. If I want to punt it through the hills then it is not much slower at the apex, just doesn't get to the corner, or away from the corner, as quickly.

Isn't the sti liberty turbocharged? good luck getting an exemption first, and then keeping it. How much longer are you on your p's for?

IS350 is more powerful, has more torque and legal for a p-plater to drive....silly rta....

Isn't the sti liberty turbocharged? good luck getting an exemption first, and then keeping it. How much longer are you on your p's for?

IS350 is more powerful, has more torque and legal for a p-plater to drive....silly rta....

Legal, for now. It would be an expensive purchase if RTA added it to their presently out-of-date list of restricted vehicles.

Legal, for now. It would be an expensive purchase if RTA added it to their presently out-of-date list of restricted vehicles.

It's an expensive purchase either way... But I'm sure if one was to purchase it before the RTA added it to their list (and could prove it) then they couldn't be banned from driving it. My brother got his P's two days before they introduced the turbo/super/V>6 rule back in '05 and was able to drive anything legally.

*BLEEP* the Police hahahah nar i got my p's for i believe another 3 months, so i wont be making a real purchase before that it wuld be stupid, just look at and i kringe the FoRd xr6 turbo or the G6 turbo they are like 353kw or somthing and only like $52k hahah, that why i looked at the sti cause by the time i go to buy one ill be on fulls, also this monday booked a test drive for the 2011 350 f sport so ill let you guys know what i think about the lexus, i wonder if he will let me get stuck into it??? also whats the padle shifting like and jerking or anything, currently driving a 2011 subaru outback(loaner from my local subaru dealer)-(my liberty is getting a new motor in it atm) thats paddle and as soon as u change up or down even in high revs no jerking, great fun

It's an expensive purchase either way... But I'm sure if one was to purchase it before the RTA added it to their list (and could prove it) then they couldn't be banned from driving it. My brother got his P's two days before they introduced the turbo/super/V>6 rule back in '05 and was able to drive anything legally.

Yes, exemptions were granted for those who owned a prohibited vehicle before 11 July, 2005. No such exemption is specifically provisioned for those who acquire a vehicle after that date that subsequently becomes prohibited. "An exemption will not be granted simply on the basis that the only vehicle available in a household is a prohibited vehicle."

*BLEEP* the Police hahahah nar i got my p's for i believe another 3 months, so i wont be making a real purchase before that it wuld be stupid, just look at and i kringe the FoRd xr6 turbo or the G6 turbo they are like 353kw or somthing and only like $52k hahah, that why i looked at the sti cause by the time i go to buy one ill be on fulls, also this monday booked a test drive for the 2011 350 f sport so ill let you guys know what i think about the lexus, i wonder if he will let me get stuck into it??? also whats the padle shifting like and jerking or anything, currently driving a 2011 subaru outback(loaner from my local subaru dealer)-(my liberty is getting a new motor in it atm) thats paddle and as soon as u change up or down even in high revs no jerking, great fun

"i wonder if he will let me get stuck into it???"

Most probably.

" also whats the padle shifting like and jerking or anything,"

There's no jerking, at all, ever. And that's in my 250. I know the 350 will have a LOT more acceleration but like all Lexus' it comes very smoothly, and then you realise you're going quite fast... Although on the paddle shift, it isn't really a true semi automatic (or manumatic, if you want to get all technical). It only restrics the maximum gear the maximum gear the car will use. So for example if you put it in 4, it will use 1-4 depending on how fast you're going. So it's not the same as what you get in BMW's but to be honest will work just as well. Overtaking is effortless, downshifting down takes an instant and then you're off. It's also very very handy for engine braking down hills when the car in front rides the brakes the whole way down.

Yes, exemptions were granted for those who owned a prohibited vehicle before 11 July, 2005. No such exemption is specifically provisioned for those who acquire a vehicle after that date that subsequently becomes prohibited. "An exemption will not be granted simply on the basis that the only vehicle available in a household is a prohibited vehicle."

In most cases it is, indecently. My sister got an exemption for her 1.4T golf without any resistance (admittedly it was on the moderate power turbo list, so they are generally accepted), but i know of people having exemptions on V8's and turbo 6's on the grounds that it was the only car available to them. Another of my friends was driving a V8 M3 for a month because he had a full exemption as he was a yardie. He didn't get pulled over or questioned once.

But as our friend said, only 3 months of the restrictions left for him so it's not too much of a concern, me on the other hand...

Most probably.

There's no jerking, at all, ever. And that's in my 250. I know the 350 will have a LOT more acceleration but like all Lexus' it comes very smoothly, and then you realise you're going quite fast... Although on the paddle shift, it isn't really a true semi automatic (or manumatic, if you want to get all technical). It only restrics the maximum gear the maximum gear the car will use. So for example if you put it in 4, it will use 1-4 depending on how fast you're going. So it's not the same as what you get in BMW's but to be honest will work just as well. Overtaking is effortless, downshifting down takes an instant and then you're off. It's also very very handy for engine braking down hills when the car in front rides the brakes the whole way down.

haha dont talk to me about engine braking, my dealer for my subaru is bitching to me saying that i do to much engine braking, tool , i have had 2 engines replaced in two years, yes two whole complete engines, first engine did a big end bearing due to loss of 5l of oil in less then 2k kms, the second engine had the same issue, they tryed blaming me saying i do to much engine braking??? hence im looking at selling the car asap, bring on a LeXuS :)

Most probably.

haha dont talk to me about engine braking, my dealer for my subaru is bitching to me saying that i do to much engine braking, tool , i have had 2 engines replaced in two years, yes two whole complete engines, first engine did a big end bearing due to loss of 5l of oil in less then 2k kms, the second engine had the same issue, they tryed blaming me saying i do to much engine braking??? hence im looking at selling the car asap, bring on a LeXuS :)

That's rubbish.. engine braking in (good) modern cars won't cause any adverse effects (unless the driver is a clot and redlines it or something). But I can engine brake down a pretty steep hill at only like 2500-3000 rpm and it will prevent any acceleration. PLUS, the Lexus won't let you downshift any further if you are going too fast for that gear. It won't even increase fuel consumption as most new cars will shut off the fuel supply to the engine if it detects engine braking (as i have checked in my IS250 with the instant fuel ecconomy display, drops right to 0 :))

Most probably.

That's rubbish.. engine braking in (good) modern cars won't cause any adverse effects (unless the driver is a clot and redlines it or something). But I can engine brake down a pretty steep hill at only like 2500-3000 rpm and it will prevent any acceleration. PLUS, the Lexus won't let you downshift any further if you are going too fast for that gear. It won't even increase fuel consumption as most new cars will shut off the fuel supply to the engine if it detects engine braking (as i have checked in my IS250 with the instant fuel ecconomy display, drops right to 0 :))

yer well i dont get stuck into it every day most of the time im on the m4 "sydneys biggest carpark" they are just tryn to pin it on me as im only 22 and on green p's, funny thiong is ill take the liberty after i pick it up next week around the corner and see what they will give me on trade in, seeing as they will know the full service history.