Just got this mod installed. Great addition to the car, works perfectly as specified, not a thing wrong with functionality.

The device sits between the door easily, no tape required.

Luckily, I had an auto electrician install it for me as my car (MY11 IS250) changed it's wiring so installation took much longer than expected. Solution to the problem was to wire the device to a much stronger power source.

Big thanks to Michael for the quick communications.

• 1 month later...

For owners located in the Sydney area who have perhaps thought the installation would tax their capabilities -

One Lexuis dealer will install for you and offer a one year warranty on their work (details - give me a call or PM)

Two autoelectricians are also offering to professionally install for you. Both will do the job at your premises (their option).

Call me (o418 229 934) - or drop me a PM.

Michael

just brought the kit waiting for it to arrive, standard option on a lot of cheaper cars, look forward to installing, I always forget to fold them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry this is my first time being here and learning how to use this forum so sorry if i do stupid things but how would I get this part for my is250 2006? i know Ashpoint seems like the supplier but am i meant to pm him some how?

"pm" is short for Personal Message and you do that by clicking on "my" picture (blank as it is for most members) located to the left of this message and "Viewing the profile:" From that page you can send a pm!

Anyway just call me on my mobile 0418 229 934 (Sydney daylight hours) and I'll be very pleased to tell you about the folding mirror kit.

Best regards,

Michael

Thanks for the phone call. The wreckers yard I was going to recommend to you is GMS Spares in Mavis Street Revesby.

I will look forward to your "road test" of your folding mirror kit n due course.

Cheers,

Michael

Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me. My car doesn't make that noise where it beeps twice when you unlock the car unless i press the unlock button twice. I had the auto mirrors installed and wondering if this is normal as the video does make the noise thanls

My car is in the panel beaters shop so I can't go trying the Lock/Unlock to see if the noise is there or not.

I'l ask the techies in Bangkok and get back to you.

FWIW I don't think the kit interferes with the sound - but, I'll check.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks mate. And when I press the unlock button once only the mirror lights turn on with no beep (interior light turn on once i get in my car) I don't think it did this before the auto mirrors...

So Bryan when you press the unlock button once the interior light turns on and beeps twice? dang mine will only beep twice if i press it twice and that will turn on my interior lights also. and when i touch the door handle it doesn't beep

Thanks for that Suprnewb, I suspected that's the case (but I can't at the moment check). I would be lookig at any other work done on the car.

I am waiting on the techie to comment in a day oir so but I imagine if you temporarily cut the red wire to the Po-40 (the power lead) you will have a normal system with the Po-40 out of circuit. If the sound issue persists I would be suspecting other causes.

However, let's wait for the smarties in Bangkok to respond.

OK now i know there is something wrong, when i touch the door handle on the passenger side the car beeps like 8times and the hazzard lights flash like crazy for awhile. But when i lock it beeps once and closes. when i go to the driver only the mirrors turn on with no noise i can also hear a constant clicking noise coming from the box in my door and the many times i hear that noise is the same times the door beeps and flashes. And also there are no work done on my car besides this

Sounds to me lke somtthing has been installed incorrectly.

I would:

Check the correct wires are selected for the mrror kit.

Look at whatever else was done to the car.

I'm happy to run a tester over the installation and maybe swap mirror kits. Keep me in the loop.

Michael

I have a response from the technical people in Bangkok who beiieve that the mirror closer has been incorrectly installed and/or other equipment has been installed at the same time. They say:

<<< <<<

i think there is wrong connection - he tells that he hears clicking noise from my box (Po-40), there is no beep output signal in the door panel but there is turn signal in each door (to power the turn signal lamp in the mirror). he should recheck his wire

i don't understand clearly there is something sound strange and conflict

I'm not sure the root cause of this error. The beep sound is used for many function

waring , door lock confirmation ,etc

in my opinion

the customer should

- recheck the wiring

- remove the control unit and test it

- bypass the system to original and check his car

He posted the problem in the forum. i don't know why he didn't ask you on the phone.

Did he install other accesories into his car?

>>>>>>>>

Ok the problem was fixed it didn't have anything to do with the box or wiring but it was my car. The plug connection that plugs into the window function was stuffed, there was an issue with the pins connecting into the plug all good now.

That's good news. - thanks for posting.

For my records, which plug connection are you talking about? I presume it was one of the plugs that join to the window switch assembly on your driver's door (front or rear plug???)

I'm curious thinking that your system was working correctly when you left the installer's premises. What changed afterwards?

Regards,

Michael

Yeah those plugs. I'm not to sure which ones it was. Disconnected them both gave them a good clean, dried everything and plugged it back in. It's because my plug wasn't in the best condition and its a bit old plus the car sits in the sun. After it needed a bit of TLC to get the plug and pins connected properly, Had nothing to do with the system or wiring just my car. I just didn't take notice at first and left. The installation work done was excellent and very tidy and most of all carefulness.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted my kit up the other day after receiving from Michael, didn't work checked all wiring a couple of times before calling Michael who went out of his way to help, rerouted the power wire to of the puddle lamp Blue wire as it has permanant power, all perfect works like a charm.

Window should be in the down position first.

Pretty simple to fit, as for panel removal there is a proper tool which I had, the easiest way to remove the door trim is to start at the top left hand corner, pop this one with a tool then you can pop the rest really easy by hand, had to do it a couple of times so it got easier, hardest part was to get the trim back on at the top near the mirror because of the tweeter it has to be in place first.

So I suggest to ya just power straight to the lamp.

Thanks heaps Michael

And I hope this helps someone

Well done Panther...

Some of the late/current models of the IS250 have caused us some concern. We normally connect the Red Po-40 lead to the 12v rail located in the Connector #2 on the mirror switch contol panel. We use the Blue or Black wire on that connector. HOWEVER, these newish models need to source their 12v from the a more robust supply in the door puddle light (Panther says the Blue cable on the puddle lamp).

Panther's wring work was 100% correct but a more robust 12v (from the puddle lamp) made the difference.

It does take a certain amount of bravery to pull off the door skins. Lexus really have a tought fit. Next car I will try pulling the liner from the top right left side as "discovered" by Panther.

Edited by Ashpoint

Nah top left front corner first Michael. Happy to help anyone in the Blacktown area if needed.

I didn't take a pic but where to place the module, no instructions there but I found a ledge above the puddle lamp

so I used velcro tape and its clear of every thing and loom wire is long enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm a new 2008 IS250 owner living in Perth. After months of drooling over them I found the car of my dreams and I absolutely love it!

I'm adding to this forum as I too purchased a folding mirror set from Michael and have installed it. The instructions are simple and easy to follow and the folding action adds even more class to a very classy car!

So thanks for your help Michael and I would thoroughly recommend the mod to anyone.

As for "Lexi", I have purchased a set of DBA T2 rotors for all four corners which I will be fitting tomorrow and I have a set of 20" Versus Enduros on order as well as a set of K Sport coil overs. I am as excited as a 12 year old on Christmas eve waiting for them to arrive! Once fitted I will post some pics!

Cheers guys,

Tim.