My thoughts are that the fronts won't fit without serious altering of the inner guards.

8.5" wide with +38 offset (what I run up front) and 245 wide tyres scrubbed every time a corner was turned. Changing for 225 wide tyres fixed the issue.

10.5" wide on the rear with any less than ~40mm of offset is going to cause scrubbing on the guard and suspension. In my opinion, slightly too wide (10" would be the most comfortable width without having to mod anything else) and try to stick to an offset between +40-50mm.

Only speaking from experience on my own vehicle. Others may have tried more combinations with other results.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would maybe go for 9.5 +30 front (any less and you may have trouble clearing the inner steering arm)

10.5 +15 will cause serious rub, 10.5 +22 should be fine with stretched tyres. You will need 235, if you are feeling lucky... 245!

Get nice wheels nuts btw. Some nice kics or race nuts. The crappy duraluminium (or how ever you spell) are big no no for nice wheels.

P.S I'm liking this thread :)

k2sty1: A side note for CE28N's.... lol CE28N's are boring... Everyone has them these days. I know they are structure wise, they are better the the SSR with Ray's special forging method, but you are saving grams.... not kilos.

SSR's are mighty fine wheels, light weight and strong. They are not heavy like works wheels or anything. (hmm mad rant much? lol yeah maybe... sorry haha)

yeh i never saw the point really on getting real Volk CE28N's or TE37's for a street car

maybe if your going show spec (cause you want everything genuine) or for racing (you want the lightest wheels possible)

but for street use, i see no point in spending that much on light weight, expensive rims, when you can get something like these sexy SSR's for a much lower price

i mean, some people want the real deal, and have to money to spend, but for me other high quality wheels that are of a similar style will suffice, especially when your consider the amount of money your saving, maybe you could put that towards other mods!

just my opinion

Yeah, i agree with that opinion, no real point... But then again, I'm not a fan of replicas or anything.

When it comes to wheels you should only trust made in japan or germany or england.... lol basically nothing from the other parts of asia except Japan.

Heavy heavy car, fake chinese wheels. Death awaiting.... or a big crash.

again my 2c.

hahaha yeh i agree aswell

just something at a reasonable price

but then again, like danny said, you could go straight out baller and just buy 20" Work Meisters :D

@Atlantis

Ok then.

Ok so if I go 8.5” than I can choose between:

19x8.5 +22 Offset or +42 or

18x8.5 +30, +40, +48 or +52

And stick with 225 for the tyres.

Ok 10.5” is to wide and 10 with between +40 – 50,

The only options they have for the SSR wheels are

19x10.5 +15 or +22

18x10.5 +15 or +25

Yeah I will look into what other people are running and see if I can’t find someone with similar size wheels and set-up.

@334mm

Hmm what you are saying is very different to Atlantis so who to believe, do you know what I mean?

So with your advice I have these choices.

19x9.5 +22, +30, +38 or

18x9.5 +12, +22, +28, +35, +40

Ok so 10.5 +22 should be ok with 235 tyres.

Ok ill look into nice wheel nuts.

Yeah, I am liking it too

I’m Just after nice looking rims not racing ones or anything to fancy.

Yeah ‘baller’ Look all the way!!! Nice smooth look, shaved door handles anyone??

I just want something a little different that stands out, very hard to do in this scene with everyone else having done so much already

19 x 8.5" +42 offset should be fine.

I can't say about the rears. I think 10.5 might be too wide for the car without "adjusting" the guards.

If you are set on them, +22 would be a better option than +15 which will stick out the sides of the car pretty savagely.

Best of luck stretching a 235 onto a 10.5" rim. It's far beyond legal or safe limits.

Edited by Atlantis
Typo :P

@Atlantis

Ok 19X8.5" +42 for the fronts and hmm to wide eh? Might have to flare the guards, I just want it

flush looking but we will see how we go.

Hmm I know it wont be very legal but safe? I'll look into the pro's and cons of stretching tyres and then make my decision based on that.

Ok so why can't you say about the rears?

@334mm

Haha I feel the same

Really? I'll look into it :)

Okay, the 19x8.5" +42 should be fine on the fronts. Is +38 an option? I have a vague memory of a suspension bolt sitting very close to the wheel on the fronts, and 38 will clear it. 42 might be a bit close with a 8.5" wide rim.

If you can only get the 10.5" rears, get the highest offset possible that is closest to +40, in your case it seems to be +22.

This will make the rear wheels stick out from the guards, so you'll need to get the guard pulled out about 5-10mm unless you super stretch the tyre with a 235 or something.

Just be careful with such a stretched tyre. It might work on all of the baller cars in Japan, but remember that their roads are far better than ours, and you have a greater chance of popping a bead off the rim if you hit a nice enough pothole.

The wheel will also be very exposed to gutter rash, so just be careful when parking etc.

Should be fine? Ok No the + 38 is only on the 19x8.0" and 19x9.5"

Might be a bit close? Should I go out and measure it to double check aswell? Because the plan is to put the IS350 brakes on aswell.

Yes +22, however on some of the auctions and the JDMConcept site it has an offset of +30, so aim for that?

So roll the guard and go for slightly bigger tyres say 245, maybe 255? Whats so bad about rolling the guards?

Yes the roads up here are quite terrible so the last thing I want to do is pop a bead or crack a rim.

Ok will do, thanks for the advice

Can get the wheels from this mob

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&cid=48 - works out to be 3100, delivered to me

who are the same mob advertising them on ebay.

waiting on quote form import monster and jesse streeter

Also getting the tanabe sustec pro five and a body kit, so in which order should I get them?

I think the body kit/ coilovers than the rims/brake so as to be able to know how much room I have

Opinions?

I can tell you that the 19x8 and 19x9.5 combo would fit perfectly on the car without scrubbing or having any tyre fitment issues.

225 on the front and 275 on the rear would be pretty sweet. It's odd that they don't offer a 10" wide for the rear, as it's going to be the widest wheel that would comfortably fit under the guards without any modifications.

As for rolling the guards, the down side is that all of the plastic/carpeted wheel wells won't line up anymore and may sag down if not tied out of the way.

I'm not trying to put you off with any of this, I just know what fit onto my car and the tolerances available with the IS250.

If you're planning on the IS350 brakes, you better make sure that the wheel design can accomodate them. The spoke design will need to be shallow from behind to allow the caliper enough room.

I shopped around for 6 months to find a set of wheels to fit over my 4 pot Supra brakes on my last car :(

@Atlantis

Ok so thats a better rim combo to go for then? It is strange that its not like that but the rims re just so damn sexy!

hmm ok so aslong as its done properly than should be fine.

I know, I appreciate your help, I'm new to modding this car anyway, bit different to the hilux and skyline I had :)

Yeah I'm trying to work out all the measurements needed.

Would love to have the camber and look of this:

http://www.stancenation.com/2011/09/10/we-love-guam/

But our roads arent the best so :(

However did find these two links which have same size rims with different offset on ISF brakes so should fit with the 350 no?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/508642-19-ssr-type-f-gold-new-michelin-ps2-t1r-titanium-lugs.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/554126-pics-of-new-wheels-ssr-material-inside.html

@?UESTLOVE

Can you now? Well any help you can provide will be absolutely greatly appreciated thanks!

Thanks

Figured might as well go with the Vossens, they are a nice size and have the required offset, plus they look nice and are the same price as the ssr's

According to the net and forumns they are a good set of wheels.

Thanks everyone for their help :)

that is a fairly aggrevssive fitment

you'll need fender shaving and rear fender rolling

Hmm what's a better fitment then? 20X9 and 20X10?

What's so bad about the shaving and rolling, why is everyone so against it?

Im riding flush 19's. Only scrub is when riding low. (dumped on coils)

A standard drop doesnt scrub.

Work schwert sc1 19X9 +28mm offset R disk to clear is350 brakes AND 19X9.5 +35mm offset O disk.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10278&st=15

Hmm ok and you don't think or believe that you can run flush on 20's? Or is that to big a wheel size?

How much of a dump on coils? I've ordered the tanabe sustec pro five's is all.

Very sexy wheels.

Just want to get everything perfect before spending the big bucks!