Too picky?

It's an $80k prestige vehicle.

There's no way it should happen and just be accepted.

Persuit of perfection... If thats anything to go by then they've got a fair bit of Persuing to go yet...

yes it's a 80K presteige vehicle

and yes it shouldnt do that

but reality is nothing is perfect

there are some things that you should just accept

theres million parts that a screwed thegether in the dash sometimes *BLEEP* like that happens

but samsung's airvent is abit severe

But wheather u choose to accept it or not is your choice

i just chose to accept it and go along

oh btw ISF-350

ur noise i think it's from the cluster surround

i have had that noise before

but def take it back if it has warranty

sounds like your having a *BLEEP* fight with the car

Just dropped off my car to dealer for the second fix. I truly wish they can fix the rattles this time. The technician drove my car this time, and he 100% noticed the noise. But damn........ when he drove my car, ( i hope i was wrong) i noticed there is a new/another squeaking noise somewhere around the satnav screen..... come on Lexus, dun make me depressed coz of that. :(

oh my samsung

another one?

hey Danny, i just dropped off my car to fix the rattle from the air vent. To be honest, am not sure how do they confirm that the rattle is being fixed coz the rattle only happens when the faulty part is warmed. Am sure they will do something, and trying to have it fixed. But......the problem is, do they really drive the car long enough to ensure its being fixed? i would doubt abt it. anyway......i wish the technician can do the magic this time.

• 1 month later...

hi guys, just a quick update for this.

I have already sent the car back (third time) to the dealer AGAIN for the fix !!!! its the THIRD time !!!!! :wacko:

They kept my car for a week (the first 2 appointments), however the rattle has never been fixed.....

If they cannot get it fixed this time, i think its time to accept and live with this annoying rattle.... OR maybe i would sell the car coz of this ! :angry:

I found Lexus (Canberra) useless in fixing rattles and squeaks... Not to mention my air filter at service, anyway.

I ended up fixing them myself, a highway drive allowed me to nut it out. I also cut the little bits off the seat (I had the seat squeak too). All I live with now is the door window which I can accept. Like Danny says the cars are reliable so they do make up for this frustration. The overly quiet and refined cabin does it no favours when they can't deal with rattles either.

my car is still with Chatswood Lexus now. its been more than a week already. The service manager rang me last Fri. He said the rattle is not 100% fixed, its kinda on/off still. Am getting a bit frustrated about my IS350 now. I really love the car, but i just can't live with that rattle. Is there any Lexus Customer Service Department out there? I want to launch a formal complaint about the rattle!!!!!

Am not sure if am just too picky or what? but hey !!!! if i just want a reliable running car from pt A -> pt B, i would buy a Corolla straight away. I won't care and complain if there is rattle or any sort of noise. But come on.....its Lexus !!! the $ i paid for my 350 = 3 brand new Corolla.....sorry about the rant...am just a bit frustrated.

I feel your pain mate..

It's not acceptable (I don't care what anyone says). They're marketed as a premium brand and they happily tout the "best build quality in the business" line freely - they have no excuse really...

From my experience, I can tell a massive improvement in fit, finish and overall quality in the interiors of the new generation models such as CT and GS. Their dash and interiors feel as though they're put together a lot better.

The interior of my IS350 was crap. Granted, it's quite an old design now - but I was very disappointed in it. For the $82k+ I paid for it - it should've been so much better.

I gave up with mine in the finish and sold the car 4 months ago..

Hey Ben, how much did you sell it for? have you upgraded to a GS or you have already sick of Lexus ?

CT is crap. The loan car i 've been given is a CT200h. The road/wind noise is just a pain, Good fuel consumption tho...

anyway...with my car.....damn..its still with Lexus. Its been almost 2 weeks already. The service manager rang me today. He said the rattle is still on/off. (He insisted there 's nothing wrong with the panel etc......)

He will be on leave tmr, so can't work on my car. It means my ride will be staying in the workshop another weekend.

What should i do guys? Should i just pick it up and leave the rattle as is? The interesting thing is that service manager will be on 3 week holiday (start on Wed). So technically...he has another 2 days to work on my car..... :wacko: if he can fix it in 2 days, why my car has been sitting there for 2 weeks? <_<

I took a big hit and let it go for $54,000 :(

I haven't replaced it as yet... I've got a current model BT50 dual cab as a second vehicle for work etc. that I'm just using full time that I only bought last year too.

I'm waiting for a couple of new vehicles to be released before I decide if or what I'll replace it with.

Thinking about the new IS350 F Sport, the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG or the A45 AMG. Or I possibly may sell my work ute and get a Land Cruiser Sahara and just have one vehicle. I haven't decided as yet and I won't be ready to buy until this time next year.

Have you tried calling Lexus Australia (the customer service/relations) to let them know of your dissatisfaction?

hi Ben, i haven't called the Lexus relation yet. To be honest, even if i
called, the result will be negative...its nothing they would do about.

I bet what they gonna say "Oh sorry to hear that bah bah bah.....plz
send the car back to the dealer, n we guarantee the car will be fixed
etc....." i don't want to get myself into the loop for nothing. I always
appreciate the service i've been given by Lexus. But this time, it takes
2+ weeks. I start to worry about they hv done, and how they treat my
car.

I also think that given these (and other) cars are far too expensive in Australia, it makes our expectations higher than perhaps they should be...

Good luck with it Samsung001, I hope you get some good news. I know how frustrating it can be.

I took a big hit and let it go for $54,000 :(

I haven't replaced it as yet... I've got a current model BT50 dual cab as a second vehicle for work etc. that I'm just using full time that I only bought last year too.

I'm waiting for a couple of new vehicles to be released before I decide if or what I'll replace it with.

Thinking about the new IS350 F Sport, the Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG or the A45 AMG. Or I possibly may sell my work ute and get a Land Cruiser Sahara and just have one vehicle. I haven't decided as yet and I won't be ready to buy until this time next year.

Have you tried calling Lexus Australia (the customer service/relations) to let them know of your dissatisfaction?

The CLA 45 AMG looks epic good.

hey guys....i picked up the car on Tue. Finally Finally Finally............the rattle seems being fixed. Happy man here :lol:

I 've been driving for few days, so far as gd.....its still got some minor dash squeak from the LHS somehow (it wasn't there), but i'm so happy with the result already. Big thanks for Chatswood Lexus. esp Chris (the service manager.)

i can finally enjoy my IS350.... B)

Great to hear. I know the feeling, like utter relief the thing you just spent so much money on won't drive you mad LOL. Enjoy!