hey guys, this has been driving me insane as i cannot find what im after! i have an 06 is250 SL and i think i want to put an intake on it :P but none of that open poddy stuff. ok few questions.

1. Where can you purchase the JoeZ intake pipe? Is it only online? can you buy it anywhere in Vic?

2. Where can i get the bottom piece of the F-Sport air box? Is there a part number that i can actually use to order from toyota/lexus in Aus?

3. Will drilling holes in the bottom piece of my current airbox be efficient? (ive seen so many threads about people doing it and 50% people say yes 50% people say no, i dont know what to believe!)

4. If i keep everything stock, and just install the JoeZ pipe, will there be any noticeable difference in sounds on acceleration? or does this occur from the opening in the airbox (f-sport or "drilled" bottom piece)

5. I want all your honest opinions, whats my best option for a nice acceleration tone, out of anything i have mentioned above, or something i havnt mentioned.

Sorry for the long post, but i wanna clear this once and for all, because theres no clear answers (unless i couldnt find them -.-) and because i want to do something real soon to my car :D

Thanks in advanced everyone!!!

1. http://l-tunedparts....roduct/?id=2804

2. JoeZ intake pipe produces similar/more sound level than F-Sport (if not more), you won't even need the box.

3. forget drilling

5. I have researched extensively and based on the feedback of others, JoeZ appears the best option.

Good price, Good sound level + Keep Stock look.

I am ordering one from l-tuned myself today.

1. http://l-tunedparts....roduct/?id=2804

2. JoeZ intake pipe produces similar/more sound level than F-Sport (if not more), you won't even need the box.

3. forget drilling

5. I have researched extensively and based on the feedback of others, JoeZ appears the best option.

Good price, Good sound level + Keep Stock look.

I am ordering one from l-tuned myself today.

thanks for the reply! *BLEEP* it really is cheap, i heard everyone say it wasnt anywhere near the fsport price haha so thats a plus. So if i just change the pipe i should get a bit of an intake sound? woo! hopefully within the next week ill order one for myself so looking foward to that!

might even go through that site and see what else catches my attention :P

Would changing the filter help with anything? to a k&n or the f-sport filter? or nothing?

hey buddy, i've researched this also

- The JoeZ air intake / FSport version both add around 5horsepower.

- The JoeZ makes a bit more sound than FSport it's said.

- The air filter will make almost no difference to you...

- best to wait till your next service is due, then buy the air filter

alright mad as, ive actually got a service coming up in a few weeks i think, or unless i reach the kms haha so i might just buy a fsport filter to chuck :)

thanks for your help dude

haha yea man.

If you want some more sound, after the JoeZ intake you just need an axleback exhaust

(the rear part of the exhaust system)

I'm researching the options now.

Hey buddy

Done heaps of research, so here's the verdict.

Top 2 Best Sounding Exhausts based on what I read / what people said.

#1 Fujitsubo Legalis R (or Legalis Elegant in japan)

#2 Tanabe

They say fujitsubo is the best sounding, even better than F Sport because it maintains the luxury feel and is not too loud.

Tanabe is very close so I think either or would be a good choice.

Now to find out where to buy them!!!!!

If anyone knows of someone selling one used let me know!

PS: heres a video

Fujitsubo

Tanabe

damn, the first one is actually really quiet! but i think ill keep that stock, but if i do manage to change my mind, i will def go for that one :) but at the moment, i got another problem lol my stock subby sh*t itself and sounds really crap so need to figure out a way to fix this haha

Hehe, I've been trying to keep the car as stock as possible for as long as possible.

Car is semi for sale. Can't make up my mind whether I want to keep it or not, so I can't do any mods that would be better spend on the next car lol.

Unfortunately I haven't heard any Tanabe exhausts on an IS with my own ears. Only video clips.

Ah thats cool.

I think I'll pursue the fujitsubo as people say its the better option out of all out there if you want to keep the luxury feel.

seems like you havent hard a greddy se

or a HKS highpower unit either

looks like you need to do some more research lol j/ks

heres my exhaust preference by sound

1. Greddy Se

2. HKS highpower

3. Joe Z

4. F sport

5 Tanabe

6 Fujitsubo

but more quiet

(quiet to loud)

it goes by

1. Fujitsubo

2. Tanabe

3. Greddy

4. F sport

5. joe Z

6. HKS

I have the Greddy Exhaust and F SPort Air intake and love it. Quiet for normal and freeway driving and then opens up when getting close to 4k revs.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just removed the snorkel that goes to the outside of the car, it opened up the airbox alot more and made the car sound more aggressive, it sucks in warmer air, but it sucks in more air, keep in mind this method keeps the same filter membrane. Have a look on Ebay there is a Takeda intake that seems pretty good! This is probably the one I will get. I like the sound of the stock exhaust with the filter because it keeps the car quiet when you want it to be, and when you punch it it sounds a bit like a V8 ISF/ C63 to the novice ear :p I think the exhaust tone gives it a V6 commodore kind of element.

There much power gains from an intake, all it really does is add noise. The is250 doesnt really have much potential for power sadly, but it still handles quite nicely imo