Is300 2005 Front Suspension Knock

I have a 2005 Auto IS300 which has had a knock in the front suspension for about 18 months. Currently 40,000 kms on the clock. Had the knock checked out by the Lexus dealer who have advised that the front shocks and strutt bearings need replacing and advised this is due to the age of the vehicle. Have any other IS 200 & 300 owners had to replace their front suspension components at the time line of 6 years. I am trying to put forward a case for possible warranty to Lexus Australia as I feel that with the low kms on the clock this should not be happening. In the pursuit of excellence I don't think a manufacturer should have these issues. Any feedback fellow owners can give will be greatly appreciated.

Dreaming if you think a warranty is going to extend back to a 2005 model, irregardless of the number of k's ! At 6 years old you'd be lucky to still be driving a euro-badged car (especially a VW :ph34r: ).

I doubt this sort of wear is due to the age. I'm guessing thats just a nice way of the dealer saying you've pucked your suspension on a pot hole or the likes. Lower ball joints are usually the first thing to wear out

• 2 weeks later...

You're not the only one, I got my IS200 up on the hoist yesterday, and noticed the Front Driver shock was already weeping at only 60,000KM