Hey all,

Planning on getting a lexus is250 2nd hand, just wondering if any of you had some tips/advice regarding the different models available.

I'm looking at the 35k price range, under 40,000kms done and preferably an my09/10 model.

I've done a bit of research on the different badges available (prestige/X/sports luxury), although I'm not sure what the differences are between the Series, MY08, MY09, MY10, MY11 and so on.

There doesn't seem to be many "alive" forums for lexus is250 owners either, so I can't find much to just read on about the car.

The grey one looks good with the additional EMV package (satnav/rear cameras and all), may be able to get it a bit cheaper if paying via cash.

Thanks guys!

I've done a bit of research on the different badges available (prestige/X/sports luxury), although I'm not sure what the differences are between the Series, MY08, MY09, MY10, MY11 and so on.

Hi ich1ban

I note that you've missed one of the grades of the IS250. It is as follows, front base to top-of the range:

- Prestige

- X

- Sports of F Sport

- Sport Luxury

Regarding the differnces from year to year, read the following:

Oh okay, just read that, thanks!

Doesn't seem to be much difference between the 2 models although it seems like the 09-onwards models have better everything? looks like the newer and bigger rims look the most appealing.

Any other tips/advice on the purchase?

Thanks, much appreciated!

Of the two that you presented, they are very similar. Do you want sat nav, blue tooth and reverse camera? Personally, I love these features in my car. However, what I don't like is that the climate control can only be accessed via the screen in cars with sat nav.

You just need to go out and personally see which of the 2 you like more.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/lexus-is250-2009-13191794

Sports Luxury model.

It should have:

- Sat nav

- Radar cruise control

- Sunroof

- 13 speaker Mark Levinson system

- Ability to watch DVD

- Reverse camera

- 4 parking sensors in the back, 2 in the front

- Factory HIDs

- Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)

- Folding side mirrors with puddle lamps

- Illuminated front door sills

- Powered rear sun shade

- Heated and ventilated front seats

And that's just off the top of my head!

Yep, I got that car saved on my list as well, a bit far from where I live but should be ok, would be more value over the prestive with EMV pack as well.

Not many differences between the sports luxury and the prestige with EMV pack other than the sound system and a few other minor upgrades i guess.

Not many differences between the sports luxury and the prestige with EMV pack other than the sound system and a few other minor upgrades i guess.

What? heaps of differences! Just look at that list I posted above your reply!!

Rofl

Denis u missed out on most of the key stuff

EMV means (sat nav reverser camera bluetooth etc)

Difference between a EMV presteige and a Sports lux follow

1. OEM integrated Parking sensors (f+r)

2. HID leadlights + AFS + auto levler

3. PCS and radar cruise control

4. Woodtrim interior

5. Rear sunshade

6. Seat memory positioning

7. electronic steering adjustment

8. door sills

theres are the difference between the SL and Prest

things like folding mirror nav and stuff are standard on the Prest too

Oic, the sports luxury looks far better than the other prestige+emv then, as they're both asking for 38k

would asking for 35k cash in hand too steep?

tbh, I don't want more to spend more than 38k including rego/insurance

Oic, the sports luxury looks far better than the other prestige+emv then, as they're both asking for 38k

would asking for 35k cash in hand too steep?

tbh, I don't want more to spend more than 38k including rego/insurance

maybe you can try to get the earlier yr model. I believe IS250 is quite reliable, dun afraid to get older one (if budget is your problem)....and yea...i also suggest you to get Sporty Luxury.

Can only find the 1 that was linked for 38k, 2009 edition, done around 30000kms.

Too bad it's on the other side of Melbourne as well :(

Would offering 2-3k less be unreasonable? It does seem to be the cheapest out of the lot I can find on carsales, the rest are around 45k+

Also does the SL editions have any markings/badges on the car? or would you just have to look for things like woodgrain interior to differentiate them from a prestige with added EMV enhancement package.

Another tell-tale sign from the exterior is if it has headlight washers (for the Xenon Headlights) in the front bumper just under the headlight itself.

Also the Radar Cruise grill emblem and parking sensors are another give away that it's a Sports Luxury.