hi everyone, i do have the dash rattle as well. Mine is SL so i have Mark Levinson audio package So, probably its not the empty space to trigger the rattle.

Apart from the dash rattle, i also have the rattling noise at right rear door too. it happens when the car is turning.......

I think Lexus should do something, and address the problem on the next IS. i just think its not acceptable that having the rattling noise on luxury car.

hi everyone, i do have the dash rattle as well. Mine is SL so i have Mark Levinson audio package So, probably its not the empty space to trigger the rattle.

Apart from the dash rattle, i also have the rattling noise at right rear door too. it happens when the car is turning.......

I think Lexus should do something, and address the problem on the next IS. i just think its not acceptable that having the rattling noise on luxury car.

Thanks for confirming.

Nope I don't have a rattling noise at the right rear door.

Has anyone noticed a slight squeak when you dry steer quickly? I don't usually dry steer but had to in a tight parking space last night and noticed a light squeak as I dry steered quickly.

I've had my IS350 F Sport back to the dealer more times than I care to remember now for rattles.

Dash rattles everywhere - particularly around the instrument cluster, A Pillars and behind the right hand side Air Vent. The entire dash was removed last week in an attempt to remove the final rattle on the right hand side (sounds like something plastic is broken inside the dash and is rattling slightly). A week later and I THINK they may have rectified it this time.

Door Seal rattles were insane. The dealer acknowledged it was a common fault and that mine was the worse they'd heard. When driving over rough/broken surfaces, particularly at low speed, it sounded as though the drivers door was about to rattle itself off its hinges! The doors were adjusted to shut tighter - which in turn have modified the factory-perfect panel gaps/alignment - albeit very slightly - and the seals libricated and this seems to have stopped them for the time being. I'm sure they will return, just like they did last time.

I've also got a rattle of sorts coming from the B Pillar somewhere around the seat belt retractor that rattles on course chip bitumen when cruising at 80+ km/h. Gets irritating.

There's also a rattle now coming from the rear parcel shelf - haven't investigated this yet and doubt I will at this stage.

Sunroof also rattles/squeaks when closed or in the tilt up position. Obviously the seal rubbing on the edge of the roof sheetmetal. No amount of lubricant on the rubber has helped this. Not to mention the mess silicone lubricants leave when it gets wet/rained on as it runs.

I still love my IS, but for the $82k I paid for it - I was (and rightly so I think) expecting so much better! You would kind of expect these little niggles in a ~$30k mass produced car - but when were talking about $80k+ prestige/premium cars - it's not really acceptable IMO.

I'll be trading up to the new IS next year - I really do hope the get on top of these issues by then!

ISF-350

you sound like you have a very unlucky piece, i have an 07 model and i have to say its scarily quiet most of the times...weather plays a great part in it with expanding and de-expanding plastics.....

I had an e90 BMW 3 series, you should hear the standard rattles on those :)

A lot of the rattles come and go - its usually dead silent when there's none.

Where I work though, the streets are slightly uneven concrete slabs that used to have tram lines in them. It's also a heavy industrial area so a lot of heavy vehicles use the roads. Combined with the hard suspension (too hard for daily driving IMO) it is most likely what's causing a lot of them to occur.

There's an E90 3 series M Sport in the family too - rattles galore and the BMW dealer doesn't want to know about them. They blame the roads/run flats/suspension calibration etc.

One thing I can say is the Lexus dealer can be highly commended on their after sales support and care in this regard. It's possibly one of the biggest reasons I'll be staying with the brand when trading.

no but for lexus its simple job of greasing that for you....

i heard my 07 IS do that noise in warmer weather and then got a new courtesy car for service a 2011 fsport IS250 and it had the same noise, so was happy with that

but noise seemed to go away it self, and also when i recently updated my steereing to 2011 one it doesnt have that noise either

so i would just ask Lexus to lubricate it and having seen the internals of a steering there is hardly anything that needs lubricating as its all so damn tightly put together