Need Exhaust Advice For An My11 Isf

@mans247

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone in Brisbane have a Joe Z system that I could hear what it sounds like? I am deciding between ISS Forged or Joe Z, I want a nice sound with the least amount of drone as I use my car daily and am in it most of the day.

Thanks

Are you happy with ISS?

I was looking at the DES ISS Forged system as the QES may be to loud for a daily driver. If I import myself the JoeZ is about $600 cheaper than ISS system landed and seems to have good feedback.My main concern is cabin drone. If I get JoeZ

locally from dealer it's $5500 which includes manifold port and polish, intake and filter all fitted. I could probably save $2000 doing it myself but wouldn't have manifold port/polish.

It's very hard to choose exhaust without hearing them in person as YouTube doesn't give a clear indication of sound.

My advice is to try it in person if you can, everyone has a different level of tolerance and what they consider drone. I was told that the Borla doesn't have any drone but I can still feel it at 2000rpm, and I had to dynamat the trunk to get it down to an acceptable level. And that's already what is considered a relatively "quiet" exhaust.

I currently have a Borla axle back system which I removed and put factory exhaust back on, I have now put Borla back on for a bit more noise. I will more than likely go for the JoeZ system as I'm catching up with Brisman to hear it in person.

must understand quiet/loud and drone is a different story

some exhuast maybe quiet but have massive drone

where another exhaust maybe loud when your WOT but produce next to 0 drone

im pretty confident to say that my car has no drone and i am really picky with sound

even with my daily driver its got a loud but not droney exhaust

my pick for the isf exhaust was after 6-7 months of research to find which combination has less drone

starting from muffler delete to full custom exhaust systems

Plenty of exhaust options. Ultimately depends what you want, and prepared to trade off to get it.

For me as a daily driver the combination of headers and Joe Z was too loud and drones at avg commuting speed. I know some of the guys who have this set up are putting extra sound deadening in the boot to reduce the in car noise.

I have settled on the PPE headers, standard exhaust with a custom X pipe which removes the secondary cats. Nice sound, not too loud and reasonable for daily driving.

Haven't dynoed it to compare to the full PPE/JOE Z set up but definatley more responsive.

How did you find the JoeZ on its own without the headers?

I'm debating wether to get cat back JoeZ or ISS without headers or just get headers with the factory exhaust, I wouldn't think the headers on their own would sound that much different than stock though?

Hi mate,

Welcome, have seen you around ozaudi and benzworld a few times :) hope ur enjoying the car.

I have the JoeZ on its own and yes there is definitely drone at certain rpm, not an issue with me as the car is a weekend drive only.

So I'm with Danny on this one, if its a daily then try and have a listen to one before you commit. Everybody has different tolerances.

That said you could avoid the drone range RPM in manual mode, selecting the right gear whilst crusing helps ...full auto seems to always drop and keep you in that drone range which can get overwhelming especially for passengers in the rear...

Good luck with your decision and would have been happy to take you for a drive if you we're in Sydney.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike. I am enjoying the car still learning about what can be done to them. I have KW V3 coilovers on order, just had the rear guards rolled to fit the 20" wheels I am ordering. Blacked out the window trim and just put on clear carbra paint protection film. I can tolerate a little droning just not to much.

I'm catching up with one of the forum members tomorrow who has the JoeZ system. It seems a popular choice along with the ISS system.

Did you purchase yours locally or from the US?

Not a problem, glad to hear that your enjoying it... Not wasting any time with mods either ... NICE :)

I looked at importing the exhaust initially but wasnt worth it as shipping costs alone was 950... Once you add taxes etc not worth the effort. Think it's around 2800 fitted from Chatswood which was a no brainier, great service and covered under warranty for peace of mind. I'm sure the Brisbane dealer will be able to get one on for you. Definitely have a listen to it first before you commit as its not for everyone .. That said it sounds mean. Very different to the C63, doesn't have the over run bark like the merc but has a deep burble at idle and at WOT sounds like an angry lion being kicked in the nuts :) - the auto blip downs do sound amazing after the exhaust, my favourite part... If you can live with the drone I have no doubt you will love the sound .. Esp if you're missing the C63 ambiance ;) I personally don't miss the clunky slow gearbox ...

KW's are great just make sure you get them installed and tuned properly, can be a bit fiddly adjusting. Any reason you opted for 20" ? What did you get?

Mike

Mike

Brisbane Lexus dealer here quoted me $5500 fitted which includes JoeZ exhaust, intake and filter plus intake manifold port and polish, not sure how much extra power is achieved from intake mod.

KW have been ordered through Australian distributor and are being fitted by one of their agents, not to concerned about handling more so ride quality and lowered stance. Had them on my RS5 and set them on 2 or 3 for comfort and really liked them.

The wheels I wanted (Vossen) are on back order so may look at alternatives or just wait. I just like the look of larger wheels than factory, I do it to all my cars.. I'm going for 20x9 front with 245/30 and 20x10.5 rear with 285/25. I don't drive my cars hard or take them to the track I just enjoy modifying them a little.

Ill let you know what I think of the JoeZ tomorrow

If you do go for a ride with someone who has a Joe Z installed make sure it's someone who has had it installed for at least 5K KM. I had mine installed by Lexus Chatswood about 7K KM ago and at first the drone at 2000rpm was very unpleasant. After about 5000KM, however, it toned down nicely, the drone almost disappeared and the car became significantly quieter (so much so that I've just installed an Injen intake to get some induction noise going).

I'm now considering the headers, which I certainly wouldnt have done just after I got the car back!

Thanks for the heads up.

Brisman is taking me for a drive tomorrow, I believe he's had the JoeZ on for quite some time. Now your getting me concerned it won't be loud enough!

I think headers combined with the JoeZ will be very loud but would sound awesome

If youre going from a stocker it'll still sound plenty loud ;). A nice single stage intake will give it a bit more of a growl after the Joe Z calms down too. When the exhaust is fitted you find you almost lose that lovely induction noise that is so evident when the secondary intake opens on a stock car

My car has a Borla axle back system at moment. I've had plenty of loud exhaust on previous cars so not much would surprise me.

I thought if you just installed silicone intake pipe the secondary intake is still audible over 3600 rpm? Isn't it only when you install full intake system like injen, K&N or Takeda that this doesn't work?

The JoeZ note is loud enough to almost drown out the secondary intake noise. The Injen intake I just installed deletes the factory airbox so it changes the note down low (in a good way) by adding back some intake noise

With an Injen pipe you don't lose the induction noise from the secondary intake, it's just there from much lower RPM. Once again though, this would be far more noticeable on a car with stock exhaust.

You'll see what i mean ;)