Need Exhaust Advice For An My11 Isf

@mans247

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the K&N one imported from the states, i went around to Lexus of Chatswood today and and they were all baffled at how good it sounded. If you are near North Sydney i can take you for a spin, the sound is fantastic

Thanks again Mike. Still debating on which intake to get, wether it be the injen, takeda or JoeZ silicone pipe. Ill keep you updated

Who's Mike?

I got the K&N one imported from the states, i went around to Lexus of Chatswood today and and they were all baffled at how good it sounded. If you are near North Sydney i can take you for a spin, the sound is fantastic

Do you have an exhaust? I'd be interested in having a listen if not to see what intake alone sounds like.

Does the K&N have an oiled filter? I've heard that those crap up MAF sensors pretty quickly with the oil residue sucked through the intake

Lol Bullit may have got us mixed up mate :)

I have to say I'm running the HPS silicone pipe + AFE filter and the second stage roar is still audible with the JoeZ..

Open pod filters do make a great sound but not suited for our hot temps and throw out air flow sensors IMO

Mike

The Injen intake uses a pod but it's enclosed and still utilises the factory CAI. I can't see how any type of filter would affect the MAF (aside from fouling it per my earlier comments), as a MAF or AFM uses air velocity to adjust AFR values and a filter isn't going to change that. An intake of different diameter/length may to a degree, but the bottle-neck of the factory throttle body is ultimately going to limit that.

That and pretty much all Toyota ECUs just dump fuel at WOT and have pretty safe AFRs anyway (like at least 10:1) so running lean is not a great risk. Lean fuelling would trigger knock sensors (of which I'm sure the 2UR-GSE has many) and cause a CEL and possibly a limp mode so it seems pretty safe.

In regards to the intake noise the Joe Z exhaust makes it less apparent, it doesnt do away with it entirely. Due to the quiet nature of the factory exhaust some owners may be surprised as they probably assumed the noise they could hear over 3600rpm was exhaust (which it isnt)

hi guys would love to organise a drive day or just a get together lunch where we can talk and show each other our cars

if anyone has any ideas put them forward

just cuz it's a dyno day doesnt mean u have to put ur car on the dyno

it's an official forum gathering

we need ISF owners to actually show up to these meets

it's only been is250/350 and rx's shwing up

Mate like I said it reads worse than I meant it to be.

I am making assumptions here but you would think that all ISF owners are mid thirties plus, (I'm 33). 6 figure salaries and perhaps corporate ? I'm going off the ISF owners I have met so far. You need to put together an event that suits that market.

When I hear about guys with is250s or Rx330s wanting to stick thier car on a dyno, it's just not something for me, now since you said that no ISF owners are turning up that tells you that you are not creating events that are relevant to the ISF market and thier owners.

Let me give you an example. I went to a track day where I met a bunch of ISF owners who I could relate to, and there was no is250 or rx330 owners in sight. That sort of event is not for them I guess. It's not personal but that type of event isn't suited to them.

If I were holding an event for Lexus owners and I wanted ISF owners to turn up, create an event around the ISF owners and then target the 250, 330 guys to come along maybe?

Like I said earlier I'm not trying to be offensive, just stating that maybe you should ask ISF owners what they would be interested in attending instead of telling them. Usually works allot better.

Thanks again Mike. Still debating on which intake to get, wether it be the injen, takeda or JoeZ silicone pipe. Ill keep you updated

Who's Mike?

Do you have an exhaust? I'd be interested in having a listen if not to see what intake alone sounds like.

Does the K&N have an oiled filter? I've heard that those crap up MAF sensors pretty quickly with the oil residue sucked through the intake

Sorry mate,

I dont have an exhaust, my next mod is going to be the headers at this stage though its only the intake