Hey guys, i just took my IS250 F-sport for 30,000km service and the dealer recommend that i shall replace the front brake peds and rotors with 6,000km. Does it sound right? I understand the replacement of brake peds but rotors ......? I am on highway majority of the time and hardly have done any heavry brakes. Besides i was told by people that rotors can last pretty long. Any ideas? Thanks.

Factory pads and rotors seemed to wear out around 35-45K mark which sounds about right. Yes the rotors do go quicker on this car.

I've changed mine to aftermarket DBA rotors and Bendix CT's and 25K later they make less noise and dust from the factory ones. Still going strong.

That's about right. My 2011 Is250 f sport has jst done the service yesterday, the dealer had advise me to replace the pads soon nd machine rotors. My current reading on the car is odo 22k

I hav ordered new rotors in dba slotted rotors nd looking to buy TSIB pads

Hey guys,

Two weeks ago I upgraded my rotors and pads all round with DBA T2 slotted rotors and Bendix CT pads. As a mechanic, I choose the DBA/Bendix setup straight away as I find they are always quieter, smoother and alot less dusty than any others.

Cheers.

Yep - told by service manager last week (as I had mine in for its '90'), when talking about brakes (which I didn't need anything done) that the "rule of thumb" for the front brakes on the IS250 is "40 to45k". Cost wise (through your dealership), its actually not much more to get the rotors and pads done as opposed to just the pads. Same with machining - I was told its not really worth doing, as machining really cuts into them (as the OEM rotors are quite 'soft') and cost wise, better off putting new ones on rather than machining.

For the rear on the other hand, you should get close to 150k on the rear rotors allegedly.